User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 116

  1. #31
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    It depends on how much invested in the idea I am. I'd totally try something new and untested if I felt crazy about it, but otherwise I wouldn't touch it. I have to say this, though: I wouldn't let anybody see me doing it/practicing it untill I thought I was at least very good at it.
    While there isn't any empirical basis for this assessment, that particular attitude to activities aligns best with the NT temperament, which prefers to only do things they know they are good at (emphasis on competence) so as to not radiate incompetence to others.

  2. #32
    Senior Member HBIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    It is possible to correlate enneagram and mbti...your personality and mbti is the one that you predominantly use to interact with the world...
    Possible, not trustable.

    Enneagram is about motivation, not behavior.


    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Why and when (for whom) does it bother you...?
    Unless it's someone who deserves to have some truths told to and is mean themselves, everytime. I don't like hurting others.


    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    This may be Ti...some other introverted function...
    Probably.


    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    What does nice and fun in a person mean to you? And why is it (the other person being nice) important to you?
    Being nice means caring about other people's feelings and being cooperative. As long as the person doesn't bore me I see them as fun, they don't have to be extroverted or fun in other people's eyes.


    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    So you cannot deal with being spontaneous? But you said this earlier:
    I don't see the relation? In times of emergency I have to step up, it's a survival skill. On a daily basis, I don't.


    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    What part of being a popstar appeal to you?
    Everything? But mainly the opportunity for a big audience to perform to and the power fame gives to have your message heard.

  3. #33
    Senior Member HBIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    While there isn't any empirical basis for this assessment, that particular attitude to activities aligns best with the NT temperament, which prefers to only do things they know they are good at (emphasis on competence) so as to not radiate incompetence to others.
    I find incompetence humiliating. If you're not good at something, don't do it. At least not until you're ready. I feel embarrassed for others when they suck at what they do, and mad at them for making me feel that way.

  4. #34
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,980

    Default

    So, I hesitate saying this, because I feel like I am the only person that has this opinion, but I think I at least have to share it. If others see this as completely messed up and wrong, then tare it to ribbons and I'll drop it .

    I see you as an Fe dom.

    Maybe Te dom, but Fe dom stands out the strongest. You strike me as very Je. I can't see you an introvert. I honestly don't know how or why others are seeing you as a Pe dominant. You seem to be very "orderly". The way you present yourself is as someone who creates structure and frameworks to function under. There's a lot of certainty about you. Not so much with explicity declarative examples, but overall you have a very "this is how things are" vibe, and a lot of it is external. This is very Je. I actually relate quite a great deal to what you have written (some I word for word identify with). With myself, appear more like Te, and I'd argue that it's the first impression people get of me a lot of the time. First impression doesn't make it correct though. When I take MBTI tests, I almost always get ExTJ. The thing with Fe, it's not this fluffy pile of love. It's very concerned with external order, it just does it in a subjective manner. You seem very ok with doing that. Te is much more objective and very very separated from the self. If something can't be removed of objectivity then it doesn't want to touch it. You seem to apply a lot of "quality" to your decisions. The fact that you're an 8w7 sx/so will also make Fe appear much more gruff. Some might claim that Fe-8 is not possible. It absolutely is. It's not nearly as rare as the Te-2 conundrum.

    You do seem very "at peace" though, and that is likely from a strong influence from your tertiary function (whether that is Ne or Se I am not sure). Despite the certainty and directiveness you put across, you're ok with it not always being there. Ultimately what seems to matter more is the end goal. How that's achieved is sort of irrelevant is the impression I get.

    Really, I think you might be ENFJ, possibly ESFJ. Again, no one has suggested this so far so I am hesitant to give it, but nevertheless it stood out to me enough that I had to go with it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  5. #35
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    I find incompetence humiliating. If you're not good at something, don't do it. At least not until you're ready. I feel embarrassed for others when they suck at what they do, and mad at them for making me feel that way.
    Yeah, that's essentially the essence of the NT attitude. (EDIT: excepting the embarrassment for others, I skimmed over that without reading it, possibly indicating Fe valuing and if we are to stay with the NT temperament, then the picture might become clearer soon)

    Methinks questions like these might be helpful in pinpointing your type, so let us narrow down the field further. When confronted with emerging information, do you trust your perception of the information and your immediate reaction to it or do you trust your understanding and reasoning of the situation? Or, to put it more succinctly, do you readily accept new information and then later judge its veracity or do you immediately judge the new information to see if it lines up with your understandings?

  6. #36
    Senior Member HBIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    So, I hesitate saying this, because I feel like I am the only person that has this opinion, but I think I at least have to share it. If others see this as completely messed up and wrong, then tare it to ribbons and I'll drop it .

    I see you as an Fe dom.

    Maybe Te dom, but Fe dom stands out the strongest. You strike me as very Je. I can't see you an introvert. I honestly don't know how or why others are seeing you as a Pe dominant. You seem to be very "orderly". The way you present yourself is as someone who creates structure and frameworks to function under. There's a lot of certainty about you. Not so much with explicity declarative examples, but overall you have a very "this is how things are" vibe, and a lot of it is external. This is very Je. I actually relate quite a great deal to what you have written (some I word for word identify with). With myself, appear more like Te, and I'd argue that it's the first impression people get of me a lot of the time. First impression doesn't make it correct though. When I take MBTI tests, I almost always get ExTJ. The thing with Fe, it's not this fluffy pile of love. It's very concerned with external order, it just does it in a subjective manner. You seem very ok with doing that. Te is much more objective and very very separated from the self. If something can't be removed of objectivity then it doesn't want to touch it. You seem to apply a lot of "quality" to your decisions. The fact that you're an 8w7 sx/so will also make Fe appear much more gruff. Some might claim that Fe-8 is not possible. It absolutely is. It's not nearly as rare as the Te-2 conundrum.

    You do seem very "at peace" though, and that is likely from a strong influence from your tertiary function (whether that is Ne or Se I am not sure). Despite the certainty and directiveness you put across, you're ok with it not always being there. Ultimately what seems to matter more is the end goal. How that's achieved is sort of irrelevant is the impression I get.

    Really, I think you might be ENFJ, possibly ESFJ. Again, no one has suggested this so far so I am hesitant to give it, but nevertheless it stood out to me enough that I had to go with it.
    Never have considered this possibility. I am quite shocked because as you said, no one has offered this opinion either. I always thought my Fe wasn't very good, at least compared to other people because I'm not driven to please others.

    This is the only thing I can instantly disagree with. I'm hardly ever "at peace". In fact, my search for MBTI type is so I can understand myself better and hopefully achieve peace.

  7. #37
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    Never have considered this possibility. I am quite shocked because as you said, no one has offered this opinion either. I always thought my Fe wasn't very good, at least compared to other people because I'm not driven to please others.

    This is the only thing I can instantly disagree with. I'm hardly ever "at peace". In fact, my search for MBTI type is so I can understand myself better and hopefully achieve peace.
    This is part of the reason I want to consider this possibillity. I am an Fe dom, and I am not driven to please others for the sake of. I do care about their being social harmony. In the sense that I want people to be working well together, there to be minimal fighting and whatnot. Why? Because this is efficient. Having discord creates problems. I don't really go out of my way to create harmony unless I am forced to. It sort of just happens on its own. I don't have to think much about it. Mind you that's influenced a bit by my Ni to why it "just happens". As I said, Fe isn't a fluffy giving bunny, and if you're an 8 then it absolutely isn't going to do that. You expect others to pull their own weight. 8 can also color things to look very Te, and it very well could be influencing this if you are in fact Fe-dom (again, I want to see what others think before I lock onto it for good).

    When I say "at peace", I more meant you're able to let go of things when the time comes for it. You definitely have a great deal of intensity and drive, but I don't see you as locking onto it for the sake of locking onto it like a lot of 8's tend to do.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  8. #38
    Senior Member HBIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Yeah, that's essentially the essence of the NT attitude. (EDIT: excepting the embarrassment for others, I skimmed over that without reading it, possibly indicating Fe valuing and if we are to stay with the NT temperament, then the picture might become clearer soon)

    Methinks questions like these might be helpful in pinpointing your type, so let us narrow down the field further. When confronted with emerging information, do you trust your perception of the information and your immediate reaction to it or do you trust your understanding and reasoning of the situation? Or, to put it more succinctly, do you readily accept new information and then later judge its veracity or do you immediately judge the new information to see if it lines up with your understandings?
    This is hard so let me think...

    Ok, I think I get it: If I have a very strong prior opinion about it and the new information aligns with it, I usually trust the news at first. Probably because I tend to think I'm right.

    But since I'm always researching and analizing (I go over the thing in my head a million times and try to entertain all possibilities), it's perfectly possible that I radically change my mind about the subject. And I have no qualms with that, it seems to drive people crazy though.

    When it's something that goes against what I think, that's when I think really hard on it on the spot.

  9. #39
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    Possible, not trustable.

    Enneagram is about motivation, not behavior.
    You speak with too much conviction...That's Ti-dom...If you can detach from your ideas, you'll be less sensitive about them being rejected by others and will be more receptive to other people's ideas and thoughts...

    There's some cockiness and haughtiness in your manners...that's Se-aux... (Why were you irritated by people offering typings in your earlier post by the way?)

    Being nice means caring about other people's feelings and being cooperative. As long as the person doesn't bore me I see them as fun
    Please, make sure to apply these criteria to yourself as well...

    I don't see the relation? In times of emergency I have to step up, it's a survival skill. On a daily basis, I don't.
    I think you already have... So you would prefer preparedness to spontaneity but would act spontaneously if need be... That's Ti-Se...

    Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    Everything? But mainly the opportunity for a big audience to perform to and the power fame gives to have your message heard.
    This I cannot make sense of... Assuming that your persona that you use to interact with the world is ISTP (Ti-Se), my personal theory would suggest that your desired (inner) self would be an ESTJ...like a military commander...there's not correlation between it and a popstar...

    Thank you for the info you provided... My "guess" is ISTP... Your enneagram typing doesn't align with this MBTI type though I guess...

  10. #40
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    This is hard so let me think...

    Ok, I think I get it: If I have a very strong prior opinion about it and the new information aligns with it, I usually trust the news at first. Probably because I tend to think I'm right.

    But since I'm always researching and analizing (I go over the thing in my head a million times and try to entertain all possibilities), it's perfectly possible that I radically change my mind about the subject. And I have no qualms with that, it seems to drive people crazy though.

    When it's something that goes against what I think, that's when I think really hard on it on the spot.
    I put forth ENTP (Ne - Ti - Fe - Si).

    Entertaining multiple possibilities is the foundation of extroverted intuition. The fact that you are presenting multiple fronts to your own understanding of whether or not you are an irrational/rational type (the question that I just asked you) details your ability to see things in different perspectives while preserving the sanctity of both paths.

    @Hard's Fe argument arises out of the ENTP's tertiary function, Fe, which in the ENTP refines Ne (Dominant-Tertiary interactions) and represents your "inner child" (Beebe Model of the 8 Functions Archetypes).

    Also, while people associate Enneagram 8 with extroverted thinking and extroverted sensing, the traditional Enneagram 8 was associated with extroverted intuition (I think Naranjo detailed this?).

Similar Threads

  1. Which type is most likely to seek these career's in life?
    By surfing_usa_timez in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 11:14 AM
  2. Greetings all! Confused type seeking clarification!
    By ChocolateYoda in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 04:30 PM
  3. Seeking help with wing type.
    By Rhath89 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 01:41 AM
  4. Desperately seeking career change
    By Walking Tourist in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 09:39 PM
  5. Desperate about finding my boyfriend's type :(....
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 04:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO