First 9101112 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Yes. Ne-valuing types would perceive the world by everything that is possible (accounting for everything). Ni-valuing types, in contrast, would perceive the world in what is feasible, or probable (zeroing in on the most efficient path). Both Ni and Ne leads would be adept at perceiving the world through both lenses, but they default to their specific one.
    Hmm alright. I do rely quite a lot on perceiving probabilities. It feels so natural. Otoh I don't care to look at possibilities. Trying to brainstorm about them doesn't feel so natural. E.g. When I need to solve a problem, I simply want to find the solution and I couldn't give two shits about generating other possibilities. I either see the solution right away or I don't. In the latter case, yes I will have to figure it out somehow sooner or later but that process certainly doesn't involve looking for irrelevant possibilities.

It seems to me OP is more leaning towards Ni over Ne with this, as well.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Interesting, I can't discern what attitude of intuition is preferred (Ni or Ne).

One final attempt:

Do you see the relationships between objects in the external world, how several objects work together, as a combined unit, and perceive things sort of analogically, predominately,

or

Do you see the dynamic possibilities of where an object might have came from, where it might be going, and what the most basic component is of the object?

Apologies for the somewhat vague questions I have been positing, I can't seem to produce specific examples right now.

EDIT: Just synthesized a potentially promising question, so if you wouldn't mind, could you answer it?

Do you perceive the world in terms of probabilities, or possibilities?
    DO you mean if I perceive things in terms of resemblence?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I'm just lucky to get the time of day from an 8w7.
    Anytime, I love your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    By the way, "Mal" doesn't mean "bad."
    You mean it doesn't stand for "bad", because that's the actual meaning of the word in Portuguese. Funny you'd point it out

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Not so much. It's easier for us to grasp your mental processes when we see you answer things on the fly. Ne for example is often quite obvious in the flesh.

Edit: Oh I guess that depends on what you mean by 'visual identification'. If you're asking me if I'm looking for an Ni glass stare or something (which is what I initially assumed), then no.
    If I did a video there would probably be a lot of silence and babbling between answers because this last ones were pretty hard for me to decide on.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Hmm alright. I do rely quite a lot on perceiving probabilities. It feels so natural. Otoh I don't care to look at possibilities. Trying to brainstorm about them doesn't feel so natural. E.g. When I need to solve a problem, I simply want to find the solution and I couldn't give two shits about generating other possibilities. I either see the solution right away or I don't. In the latter case, yes I will have to figure it out somehow sooner or later but that process certainly doesn't involve looking for irrelevant possibilities.

It seems to me OP is more leaning towards Ni over Ne with this, as well.
    Yes, thats' exactly how it is for me, specially the "irrelevant" part.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    If I did a video there would probably be a lot of silence and babbling between answers because this last ones were pretty hard for me to decide on.
    Yeah, going with all your responses, I'm sticking with XNTJ. Strong Ne users can smell each other from a mile away. That's just not the vibe I'm picking up from you. Granted, it's just a forum, but even your answer above confirms this for me. We tend to be pretty comfortable on the spot.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Yeah, going with all your responses, I'm sticking with XNTJ. Strong Ne users can smell each other from a mile away. That's just not the vibe I'm picking up from you. Granted, it's just a forum, but even your answer above confirms this for me. We tend to be pretty comfortable on the spot.
    That gives me goosebumps. I like the "picking up a vibe" bit, do you trust these things?

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

That gives me goosebumps. I like the "picking up a vibe" bit, do you trust these things?
    Not completely of course. At the end of the day, the best I can do is to look at the posts you have provided and try to tie those with functions. It's not the perfect method, but then again, there's no such thing. Inference to the best explanation.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Interesting, I can't discern what attitude of intuition is preferred (Ni or Ne).

One final attempt:

Do you see the relationships between objects in the external world, how several objects work together, as a combined unit, and perceive things sort of analogically, predominately,

or

Do you see the dynamic possibilities of where an object might have came from, where it might be going, and what the most basic component is of the object?

Apologies for the somewhat vague questions I have been positing, I can't seem to produce specific examples right now.

EDIT: Just synthesized a potentially promising question, so if you wouldn't mind, could you answer it?

Do you perceive the world in terms of probabilities, or possibilities?
    I think I got it now:

1) The second option.

2) Probabilities.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

I want to thank @Alea_iacta_est, @yeghor, @infinity-, @Hard and @animenagai for taking their time to try and figure this out.

Turns out I'm not an 8w7 after all, it's funny in the light of the Enneagram/MBTI correspondence talk

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

I want to thank @Alea_iacta_est, @yeghor, @infinity-, @Hard and @animenagai for taking their time to try and figure this out.

Turns out I'm not an 8w7 after all, it's funny in the light of the Enneagram/MBTI correspondence talk
    I mistyped at 8 for the better part of a year and posted all over the forums. I feel bad for misleading people but obviously it wasnt intentional. Mistyping is part of the journey =)
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se