• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me (New and Improved With Marmite Flavour!)

Jen's True Type

• Total voters

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What proteanmix said! times infinity :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Whew. Now that that's settled, what type am I?

:laugh:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Whew. Now that that's settled, what type am I?

:laugh:
I know this will come as a huge shock and disappointment to you but you're an ISFP. ;P

pm I am still mulling over your post and would like to analyze it just a bit longer. ;)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know this will come as a huge shock and disappointment to you but you're an ISFP. ;P

No way, I need your in-depth reasons why, full analysis and stuff, otherwise I won't believe I'm one of those filthy sensors. :eek:

alicia91

More earthy and aesthetic or something, I'm not sure.

I don't know you very well, but my impression of you is exactly that - earthy and aesthetic. You seem quite traditional in many ways, really into the mothering-parenting role and at the same time you seem quite down-to-earth and concrete. Your lanuage is more here and now and non-abstract. Those are just some of the things that immediately come to mind.

I think some of your ideas about sensors are quite innacurate and stereotyped. Many sensors I know (myself included) are great at seeing things from different angles - that's why many sensors are business exectutives, private investigators, FBI agents, psycologists etc. Look at some of Linda Berens info - you'll get a more balanced perspective from some her work IMO.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're not a sensor, and yes, there's why.
Hm, just noticed this. I don't like other people's rules or people who can't see the world from other perspectives either, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone, either in the intuitive or sensor segment of the population. Most reasonable people fit into that category, I think.

I don't doubt the validity of your overall appraisal (though I've had a different impression) but I don't think this particular trait tells you much at all.

side point: It also strikes me as highly amusing for someone to dislike "people who can't see the world from all angles" while simultaneously having such a negative view of the sensor population, sight-unseen. :laugh:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've said before that you seem to have two modes that you post in. One I would describe as ESFJ, the other as IxFJ.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
side point: It also strikes me as highly amusing for someone to dislike "people who can't see the world from all angles" while simultaneously having such a negative view of the sensor population, sight-unseen. :laugh:
Hilarious isn't it? ;) I live in a predominately SFJ area and grew up with an SJ mother and I find them very annoying.

Have you considered that maybe you're not an IStP?

Edit: I also want to clarify that I don't put all my faith in MBTI and realize that there are many factors in psychoanalyzing a person.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Compared her to Pink Pirahna and Looking4BestNU, and you'll see the difference.
Yeah, definitely not ENFJ. I like the ones I've met here. Actually, I like the other confirmed one I know, but for a long time she didn't like me. Now she's grown a soft spot for me, keeping us all together and filling the void my brother (her husband) has left.

The jury is out, I can't call it.

I voted ISFJ because you seem I-FJ to me, but somehow fundamentally different from INFJs I've come across. More earthy and aesthetic or something, I'm not sure. I also work for an ISFJ, and you remind me a lot of her.
Pretty much...no. It's quite clear that she's not an ISFJ, or at least not a normal one, in spite of the curious pattern of INTJs with ISFJs. She just doesn't show the patterns of one. Shimpei is a prime example of an ISFJ, and Jen's patterns are nothing like hers, nor the other ISFJs I know.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Outside of INFJ I've only ever scored INTJ on MBTI tests and the INTJ results were likely because I was in a pissy mood when I answered the questions.

Husband says INFJ normally and when tired or ill INTJ.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
XNFJ

X - You aren't shy, but you don't really need to be around people and you have to recharge with alone time and naps to keep up the pace you go at.

N - You have fairly traditional morals, but other than that your outlook is pretty unconventional.

F - You are more people/values oriented than task oriented.

J - You are goal/closure oriented.

Whatever you are, it doesn't really matter to me. You get me. :wubbie: You're my friend and I think you rock. :hug:

heart

heart on fire
Goodness. :rolleyes:

I don't talk about my past or future to many on here because I hate sharing. It's taken me a long time to go back into my blog again and discuss anything. Sharing my hopes and dreams with people is icky for me and I'm also not comfortable talking about my past but have opened up some with a few members. I am more inward with my feelings and thoughts that's why you won't find me sharing and caring online. As for the future I have it all mapped out but know that things don't always work out the way we want them to so I have back up plans as well. My mother has told me since I was young that she never thought about the things that I do but thats because shes an ISFJ and doesn't get me at all.

Jen, if you don't show your cards then others cannot see the real you. It is your perogative to decide how much of yourself to show, but if you chose to put a mask out there for public consumption then it seems strange to become upset when people don't "get" the real you. Being N doesn't equate to psychic.

It takes real risk to interact meaningfully with people.

Are you uncertain about your type? Are you feeling that you aren't getting good, useful feedback from studying the INFJ archetype that you can apply to your life? This is all that really matters, how useful has it been for you to use the information on INFJ in your self-discovery process. If INFJ is not giving you useful information to use then yes maybe you should seek out different possiblities, but then from your responses it seems that you feel very certain about your type?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm an upfront person so I'll be honest. Dana knows full well that I'm not a sensor but she voted that way. Geoff did as well but the difference is that Geoff is Geoff and he's a fair unbiased person from what I've viewed of his behavior on this forum as well as appearing level headed.

I'm here to understand myself and if I can take something positive away from this thread then I will be a step closer to becoming a better person. What is a better person to me? I'm not sure yet.

After reading some of your posts about how you think, and the realisation that you face this forum with your Fe, I'm amending my vote to ESFJ. Maybe with a well developed secondary somewhere intuitive!

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My best guess is ExFJ.
Your strong intuition would say ENFJ.
eNFJ rather.

On the other hand you could be INFJ too because the INFJ's I know are not revealing themselves to people and you seem to hold yourself back somehow.

So my final answer to your guestion is: I have no idea!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Just to clarify I did say in the OP, "those of you who are familiar with me" and I do realize that most people aren't mind readers.
One of the Keirseys descriptions of an INFJ that I really relate to is this. "This type of idealist has strong empathetic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions-good or evil-even before that person is conscious of them." When I joined INTPc I knew Ivy, Cafe and I would connect in some way even though it may have not been evident to them at first. Sure we all are stay at home Mom's but so are others on this forum that I haven't bothered to get to know. alcea (thank you for your post) is another stay at home mum who I have connected with but it was her Ne that caused this.

I don't share personal information because I am aware that people may either use it against me in the future and tell me what I should do without my asking. I hate unsolicited advice and being told what to do. The few that I have let into my real world are trustworthy and dependable and I value our friendship.

I'd also like to point out that extroverts don't spend as much time online as I do. As some of you may know I met my husband online years ago and it was so much easier for he and I to get to know one another that way. Same goes for meeting friends.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Jen, I can't say I've read all of your (nearly 3000) posts, but based on what I've read you're an INFJ. From what I have gathered from INFJ's, they often come across as ESFJ and ESFP to most people. Actually I'd say they look like an ESFx with a slightly plainer personality than a normal ESFx. That is unless people see through their cracks to get clues into their inner INFJ world. I generally think INFJ's seem like the most simple personality to most people, while actually being the most complex personality if you get to know them.

So here is the rundown in my thinking. Your posting style often resembles an ExFJ, but you are so intensely family oriented more like an IxFJ. The extraverted appearance while actually being an introvert is a frequent trait of INxJ's. Also you've posted some things that remind me of the way my wife thinks, so that also makes me think INFJ. From this thread it seems like you are very interested in what people think of you, which is typical for an INFJ as well. So overall I'd say you are pretty solidly an INFJ. :)

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'd also like to point out that extroverts don't spend as much time online as I do. As some of you may know I met my husband online years ago and it was so much easier for he and I to get to know one another that way. Same goes for meeting friends.
I used to say the same thing. But now I think some Es can easily satisfy their extraversion through online interaction.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So here is the rundown in my thinking. Your posting style often resembles an ExFJ, but you are so intensely family oriented more like an IxFJ.
Yeah, but here's the ENFJ profile:

Profile! said:
ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.
Both bolded parts seem a lot to me like Jen.

More! said:
Dominant Feeling prefers to find the silver lining in even the most beggarly perceptions of those in their expanding circle of friends and, of course, in themselves. In less balanced individuals, such mitigation of the unseemly eventually undermines the ENFJ's integrity and frequently their good name. In healthier individuals, deft use of this awareness of the inner needs and desires of others enables this astute type to win friends, influence people, and avoid compromising entanglements.
Jen.

FWIW.