First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Jen, if you don't truly want outside perspective why are you asking for it?

I want to understand, that's why I ask.
    See my edit. You're putting words into my mouth. I never said I didn't want outside perspectives but I will disagree if I think something is off.

The reason I posted a "type me" thread in the What's my Type section is because over the last week I've been told I'm really more like an ENFP and another member thought of me as a ESFP so I thought I'd throw this out there one more time for fun and see what others thought. The sensor thing confuses me because I do have issues with the stereotype but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I may have booed upon first reading it but I can assure you I'm over it already.

Heart your post made me smile. Why? Because in the past I've been called on more than one occasion "Intense" and an "Enigma" and I've never met anyone that struck me this way until I met you on this forum. And I mean this in a good way. You are fascinating.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

heart on fire

Jen, disagreeing is one thing, but you accuse people who don't agree with you of being motivated by spite.

Plus, you seem very sure of your type so I am very curious what you are looking for in these threads.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Jen, disagreeing is one thing, but you accuse people who don't agree with you of being motivated by spite.

Plus, you seem very sure of your type so I am very curious what you are looking for in these threads.
    I'm an upfront person so I'll be honest. Dana knows full well that I'm not a sensor but she voted that way. Geoff did as well but the difference is that Geoff is Geoff and he's a fair unbiased person from what I've viewed of his behavior on this forum as well as appearing level headed. I don't have any issues with Dana personally but her vote was odd because I know she knows that's not who I am. Dana is very smart and intuitive. As for BW I didn't give his vote much thought either way and I don't mean that in a spiteful way, it's just that I haven't interacted with him on the forum at all so as far as I'm concerned he doesn't know who I am.

I'm here to understand myself and if I can take something positive away from this thread then I will be a step closer to becoming a better person. What is a better person to me? I'm not sure yet.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    The idea that I am a sensor makes me .
    ESFJ.

Actually I'm not sure, you probably are ENFJ, but borderline on the F/T so I voted for the one more likely to annoy you.

:P

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I voted ISFJ because you seem I-FJ to me, but somehow fundamentally different from INFJs I've come across. More earthy and aesthetic or something, I'm not sure. I also work for an ISFJ, and you remind me a lot of her.

Edit: Now I'm having second thoughts about the I/E, though.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm an upfront person so I'll be honest. Dana knows full well that I'm not a sensor but she voted that way. Geoff did as well but the difference is that Geoff is Geoff and he's a fair unbiased person from what I've viewed of his behavior on this forum as well as appearing level headed. I don't have any issues with Dana personally but her vote was odd because I know she knows that's not who I am. Dana is very smart and intuitive. As for BW I didn't give his vote much thought either way and I don't mean that in a spiteful way, it's just that I haven't interacted with him on the forum at all so as far as I'm concerned he doesn't know who I am.
    Hmm... I honestly thought you were ESFJ. You are outgoing. You are interested in the here and now. You approach things personally. And you are a J if I ever saw one.

E-S-F-J

MBTI
    INFP

Ah.. forget the outgoing bit. You are "externally oriented".

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Actually I think you are ENFJ.

I see Ni in you in addition to the obvious dom Fe.
    Hmm... I honestly thought you were ESFJ. You are outgoing. You are interested in the here and now. You approach things personally. And you are a J if I ever saw one.

E-S-F-J
    Ah.. forget the outgoing bit. You are "externally oriented".
    Goodness.

I don't talk about my past or future to many on here because I hate sharing. It's taken me a long time to go back into my blog again and discuss anything. Sharing my hopes and dreams with people is icky for me and I'm also not comfortable talking about my past but have opened up some with a few members. I am more inward with my feelings and thoughts that's why you won't find me sharing and caring online. As for the future I have it all mapped out but know that things don't always work out the way we want them to so I have back up plans as well. My mother has told me since I was young that she never thought about the things that I do but thats because shes an ISFJ and doesn't get me at all.

Enneagram
    1w2

I'll just use myself as an example, I used to be pretty anxious about being a sensor. I see qualities in myself in either category and I'm no longer concerned with fitting neatly into on or the other. Some people think I'm an ESFJ and others think I'm an ENFJ. Don't get caught up in the foolishness that being a sensor is a lesser than. I recently read a beautiful description of Si from an ISTJ and I'd never even conceived of Si in that way. MBTI enthusiasts tend to attribute such negative to sensing qualities that who would want to be associated with it? I'm saying this to get you all lubed up. I encourage you to research the sensing function to see where it will lead you. I think most people on the forum look for more visible and concrete (deliciously ironic) manifestations of the N function to prove that you're really an intuitive which is the forum watermark. And for cripes sake, DO NOT compare yourself to other ENFJs on the forum! Are there even three regularly posting ENFJs? Don't bother. Frankly I think everyone has been primed towards Pink's type of ENFJness and that's what they're looking for.

That said, I do think you're an ENFJ (and I can see ESFJ as well...don't grind my bones and bake me into a rhubarb pie!!:eek:), although more low-key and less interested in harmonizing. Still more ENFJ. I personally think you're more psychological and than people think. I don't think your fluffiness is all frou-frou. I think ENFJs or ESFJs can be more into emotional expression vs. harmonizing and connecting. I've always thought you were a more expressive NFJ and harmonizing can fall by the wayside. It's is cool because I'm about 50/50 with how often I like to harmonize and connect with others as well and depending on when you meet me I may be extremely outgoing or get into an argument with you.

Reasons why I think you're an ENFJ aren't all typologically related. Mainly because you're all the way live. This is what I relate to with you: sometimes when I read what you do and say to people I start laughing because that's what I do myself. You seem direct, WYSIWYG, unafraid to be confrontational even though you prefer not to. Emotionally reactive, which can be positive or negative. I thought it was especially cute when you said you cut your family's toenails for them, but that just seems like something a Fe-dom would do, IDK.

And I don't view extroversion/introversion by how much you like or don't like to be around people. I've met some ornery and unsocial extroverts and Fe dominants. I've also seen more tertiary Se than Ti with you. When I can't tell a dominant function I go looking for other functions. Where's your Ti? How well do you use it?

MBTI
    INFP

Goodness.
    I don't talk about my past or future to many on here because I hate sharing. It's taken me a long time to go back into my blog again and discuss anything. Sharing my hopes and dreams with people is icky for me and I'm also not comfortable talking about my past but have opened up some with a few members. I am more inward with my feelings and thoughts that's why you won't find me sharing and caring online. As for the future I have it all mapped out but know that things don't always work out the way we want them to so I have back up plans as well. My mother has told me since I was young that she never thought about the things that I do but thats because shes an ISFJ and doesn't get me at all.
    Ah.. now this is a Jen with whom have not made acquaintance.

I never see you open up.

I am telling you, I do believe you are NFJ.

Keep talking like this (or perhaps I should read your blog?) and I will be able to discern the rest.