First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    That won't be necessary. I am more interested in how others perceive me. Sure typing me as a sensor would be insulting since I've clashed with them for as long as I can remember. It wasn't until discovering INTPc and later MBTIc that I finally realised why I've felt different to the general sensing population all my life. Different modes of operation and I don't like their rules and inability to see things from all angles.
    You're not a sensor, and yes, there's why.

I know ISFJs, I've lived with lots of them or been friends with them, and your Ni is quite distinguishable in our conversations.

Cafe out of everyone on here (minus my husband) seems to understand exactly where I'm coming from 99.5 percent of the time. I think proteanmix gets me as well.
    That's the other key point. You, and Cafe, and PM *all* have very strong Fe senses... regardless of whether it's dominant (for PM) or secondary (for you and cafe).

I think you and cafe also tend to use your Fe more than your Ni (unlike some other INFJs who feel more "ethereal" because they are Ni'ing a lot of the time), which is why both you and she feel so tangible compared to the stronger Ni'ers and some people have confused you for sensors. It's the strength of the Fe that I think confuses people, and it's why you also sometimes get mistaken for an extrovert.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Actually I think you are ENFJ.

I see Ni in you in addition to the obvious dom Fe.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Actually I think you are ENFJ.
    I see Ni in you in addition to the obvious dom Fe.
    Compared her to Pink Pirahna and Looking4BestNU, and you'll see the difference.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Compared her to Pink Pirahna and Looking4BestNU, and you'll see the difference.
    This is why these threads are really so probelmatic. The OP asks for feedback, says they want honest feedback. Feedback can only be given from what is given on the board and then when other people DO give their honest feedback, they are challenged and debated as if there were from the opening only one acceptable answer. So if there was only one acceptable answer, then why bother with the poll and post to begin with? I just don't understand.

It is more like fishing deliberately for people who think one's type is something else and then wanting to defend and debate them for thinking it. If one feels secure in their type and it is working for them as a tool for self understanding and discovery, what does it matter what others think their type is, especially since they don't fully know them in offline life?

I mean, let's all face it. We all speculate about the correctness of type in others, it is part of the anaylsis of this sort of thing. Does it really matter so much what others may think if we are sure of our own type?

EDIT: Also one cannot expect truly honest and open answers in polls when they are public. Especially when there appears to be only one correct answer.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

lol why am I not surprised? if this isn't your thing then why involve yourself?

edit: what I mean by why am I not surprised is that you nit pick everything and truthfully I was hoping you would answer me honestly and dissect me as only you can but instead you've skirted around it. Typing me as a sensor to me seems preposterous and if you don't agree with me that's okay, really.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

heart on fire

lol why am I not surprised? if this isn't your thing then why involve yourself?
    Jen, if you don't truly want outside perspective why are you asking for it?

I want to understand, that's why I ask.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    This is why these threads are really so probelmatic. The OP asks for feedback, says they want honest feedback. Feedback can only be given from what is given on the board and then when other people DO give their honest feedback, they are challenged and debated as if there were from the opening only one acceptable answer. So if there was only one acceptable answer, then why bother with the poll and post to begin with? I just don't understand.
    If there is no interplay between answers, to clarify the information being given and the reason for me, or you, or whomever else, to see our particular choices as more valid than other information, then we might as well just PM Jen the responses and not bother to talk to each other at all.

If we are going to discuss it publicly, then I think it's realistic to expect (1) people to disagree and (2) people to explain why they disagree.

My point here was merely to say, if someone else claims Jen's an ENFJ, "Well, she sure doesn't look like other ENFJs." That's something that must be explained away if someone's going to persist in an ENFJ read. That's just part of an impersonal assess, right?

If you'd like a more personal approach where everyone's opinion is equally valid without any explanation having to be given, well, that's nice.

I do agree, though, that typing someone is difficult online; and sometimes even seems to be a pointless endeavor in terms of helpfulness. (I mean, if Jen believes herself something, then she probably won't care what someone else thinks... so yes, the conversation is rather pointless.) So sure, go ahead and ask her to explain why she's asking at all; that makes sense.

And with that, my investment concludes for this topic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If there is no interplay between answers, to clarify the information being given and the reason for me, or you, or whomever else, to see our particular choices as more valid than other information, then we might as well just PM Jen the responses and not bother to talk to each other at all.

If we are going to discuss it publicly, then I think it's realistic to expect (1) people to disagree and (2) people to explain why they disagree.

My point here was merely to say, if someone else claims Jen's an ENFJ, "Well, she sure doesn't look like other ENFJs." That's something that must be explained away if someone's going to persist in an ENFJ read. That's just part of an impersonal assess, right?

If you'd like a more personal approach where everyone's opinion is equally valid without any explanation having to be given, well, that's nice.

I do agree, though, that typing someone is difficult online; and sometimes even seems to be a pointless endeavor in terms of helpfulness. (I mean, if Jen believes herself something, then she probably won't care what someone else thinks... so yes, the conversation is rather pointless.)

And with that, my investment I think concludes for this topic.
    You don't really seem much like other INTPs, but that isn't enough to make you not be one, IMO. When you reduce 6 billion people to 16 types, there is going to be A LOT of variety among the folks sharing a type.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

heart on fire

Jennifer, Jen accused people of voting out of "spite" and then she accused them of being too soft out of fear of hurting her feelings. I get very confused by this line of reasoning. I want to understand it better.

Jen does come accross as being very Fe on this board. I have never comminicated with her IM so I cannot know her any other way. Cafe does not seem as strongly Fe in most of her postings. So to my view Jen could very well be ExFJ, but the very thought seems to be an anthema to her so I didn't vote. Jen knows herself better than any of us can. I just don't understand why she wants external opinions and yet accuses those who give it as being motivated by "spite" when they don't give the answer that is in harmony with her view.

I understand NT's well as my Husband is an INTJ and I appreciate their honesty. I find most NF's either too gentle and worried about hurting my feelings or if they're hurt by something I've said to them (bluntly) in the past they seem to lash out spitefully when the opportunity presents itself. Somewhere in the middle is where I see myself.

The idea that I am a sensor makes me . It may also be a spite issue as well. I feel that some feelers don't forgive as easily as I do. I'm not one to hold grudges especially on a forum. I will respect members however if I feel someone is being treated unfairly I will say so. Champion of the downtrodden most certainly.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You don't come across to me like the INFJs I know. Of course, people can vary dramatically within a type.

I will say that from an "outsider" perspective you actually come across as somewhat ESFJ to me. Not completely, but certainly more than INFJ. I trust your friends/your opinion, of course, but you asked how you appear, so I'm answering.

edit: to add a real-life aspect, I know 2 ESFJs quite well in RL and the way you act here is very similar to how they act, and not at all like my INFJ roommate. However I haven't met you in RL either and that may change my opinion.