User Tag List

View Poll Results: Jen's True Type

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

    0 0%
  • ISFJ

    3 7.14%
  • INFJ

    15 35.71%
  • INTJ

    1 2.38%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • ISFP

    0 0%
  • INFP

    0 0%
  • INTP

    0 0%
  • ESTP

    0 0%
  • ESFP

    1 2.38%
  • ENFP

    2 4.76%
  • ENTP

    0 0%
  • ESTJ

    0 0%
  • ESFJ

    12 28.57%
  • ENFJ

    8 19.05%
  • ENTJ

    0 0%
First 122021222324 Last

Results 211 to 220 of 241

  1. #211
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Here is a question for the Black Team. What would you say Jen's interaction style is? In-Charge, Chart-The-Course, Get-Things-Going, or Behind-The-Scenes?
    Understanding Berens' Interaction Styles
    I'm not on the black team, but based on my experience with Jen through the meet-up, I'd say that she is a "Get-Things-Going" person, or possibly an "In Charge."



    I can see Jen being INFJ, ENFJ, or ESFJ.

    These are my observations from a skim of her blog:

    -Ambivert - she may just be slightly one or the other but not CLEARLY introverted or extraverted
    -pretty strong use of Fe; i think it's pretty distinctive - seems very, very "FJ"
    -doesn't seem to use a lot of Si; doesn't ruminate a lot on the past or make those kinds of associations with events
    -doesn't seem to use a lot of Ni, either; I don't see much "universal symbol" stuff happening or images of the future (though she does project future images in private conversation)
    -I see both Ne and Se. Lots of Se, actually... lots of "this is what I did today" recording with occasional analysis of what the experience might mean


    Cafe's blog, to compare, also has a lot of "this is what I did today." I see a little more Ne and Ni there, but the Se is strong there as well. I feel like Cafe is pretty much a posterchild for INFJs, which makes me think that perhaps there's a developmental reason the blogs are that way as opposed to my somewhat angsty INFJ analysis-ridden blog. One reason might be that I have no husband or children, so all I have to do is think about myself, whereas Cafe and Jen's lives are very much consumed with motherhood/marriage.

    I wouldn't rule out ESFJ for Jen. I'm fairly sure she's not ISFJ because she doesn't remind me at all of my mother (who is very ISFJ). But I wouldn't rule out INFJ or ENFJ either. In order for the conversation to be truly PRODUCTIVE, though, it's really important that people get over the "sensors are stupid" thing, because if it is the case that Jen is an ESFJ, it is concurrently the case that she's bright and witty.
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  2. #212
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    In order for the conversation to be truly PRODUCTIVE, though, it's really important that people get over the "sensors are stupid" thing, because if it is the case that Jen is an ESFJ, it is concurrently the case that she's bright and witty.
    Absolutely! I typed ESFJ, ultimately, partly because she is outgoing, bright and witty.

    I wish some of the sensor-nay sayers could meet some of the bright and funny sensors I work with (who have been professionally typed as well, so they aren't... I think!.. mistypes). There are two ESTJs, one ISTJ and two ESFJs that I know very well.. I get on very well with all of them, and two (one ESTJ, one ESFJ) stand out as bright, funny, and great friends of mine. More so than many of the intuitives I work with!

  3. #213
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I wouldn't rule out ESFJ for Jen. I'm fairly sure she's not ISFJ because she doesn't remind me at all of my mother (who is very ISFJ). But I wouldn't rule out INFJ or ENFJ either. In order for the conversation to be truly PRODUCTIVE, though, it's really important that people get over the "sensors are stupid" thing, because if it is the case that Jen is an ESFJ, it is concurrently the case that she's bright and witty.
    YES! This is exactly what I've been trying to say, not nearly as sensitively or succinctly as you have here. I could only consider ESFJ if we can completely divorce it from any judgment about intelligence or sheeplikeness, because Jen is intelligent and not a follower. I don't think those things are part and parcel of being an ESFJ.

    Again, I stand by ENFJ as my best guess for Jen (although I trust her judgment of herself as an INFJ, she DID ask) but an answer of ESFJ doesn't have to be an insult.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  4. #214
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    I've been delegating and taking the reigns when necessary regarding the black team.

    Well as long as everyone realizes that I'm not an idiot then I won't take offense. Heavens knows if I were truly an ESFJ I'd be way more organized than I am and that includes keeping my family in check. right now I am struggling. I feel so scatter brained.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  5. #215
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    An INFJ would more likely attack this.. hmm.. conceptually - try and argue why they disagree with the typing, or instead just do a screw you, I am what I am approach. In reality I don't think many of them would be in a thread like this looking for the answer, because it is something they are likely to explore for themselves. The one INFJ I know really well (Eileen) is, I would say, much more likely to do this (the self involved reflection response). I doubt the social impact would be of great importance.
    I'm more likely to do self involved reflection. (Haha, self-involved might as well be my middle name!) I wouldn't probably post a thread like this, honestly, because I don't like being under this kind of scrutiny. I don't think that I'd respond well to people challenging what I think I know about myself. I assume that I know myself better than all of you guys and I'd be more likely to seek out the opinion of a few who I know well (like Geoff) if I need an outside view.
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  6. #216
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Geoff, I agree. My sensor sister is one of the smartest, funniest, most spontaneous people I know. She could be ESFP or ESFJ.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  7. #217
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    An INFJ would more likely attack this.. hmm.. conceptually - try and argue why they disagree with the typing, or instead just do a screw you, I am what I am approach. In reality I don't think many of them would be in a thread like this looking for the answer, because it is something they are likely to explore for themselves. The one INFJ I know really well (Eileen) is, I would say, much more likely to do this (the self involved reflection response). I doubt the social impact would be of great importance.
    The only INFJ I know well is my husband and he wouldn't want to take time away from promoting his ideological "I have the answers to fix the world's social/political ills" posts to stop and ask what others think of him.

  8. #218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    824

    Default

    I never read you as an INFJ. Hopefully it doesn't come across as an insult to either you or INFJs, but you seem a lot more comfortable speaking your mind and rocking the boat when you want to. You also seem to have no qualms with busting on and messing with people (something that I admire by the way) which is something I haven't seen the INFJs in my life be as adept at. You are a lot more relaxed than I would usually see with the INFJs I have encountered anyway.

    My $0.02

  9. #219
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Well as long as everyone realizes that I'm not an idiot then I won't take offense. Heavens knows if I were truly an ESFJ I'd be way more organized than I am and that includes keeping my family in check. right now I am struggling. I feel so scatter brained.
    I don't necessarily commit to you being ESFJ, personally, but I must say that the ESFJ who I know super well (who happens to be kind of nutty and is not my favorite person, but I think that's because she's a crazy bitch--not because she's ESFJ) is not organized at all. She saves everything. EVERYTHING. Her classroom is a fire hazard. She does do a reasonably good job of keeping events/meetings/stuff like that organized, but woo. That classroom. Yikes.

    ISFJs and ISTJs seem to me to be the most organized. Another lady from work (an awesome ISFJ) had the most immaculate classroom. It was like... she just always put everything back where it belonged when she was done with it. My brain doesn't do that!
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  10. #220
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Thread unlocked.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Similar Threads

  1. New and confused! Can you type me?
    By rosescarlet in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2017, 09:02 AM
  2. [Enne] The new and improved Enneagram! From the sponge and evan.
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 04-04-2017, 04:57 AM
  3. New, and improved, questionnaire!
    By MetalMoon in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 09:06 PM
  4. Type me (once and for all)
    By King sns in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO