• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me (New and Improved With Marmite Flavour!)

Jen's True Type

• Total voters

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That won't be necessary. I am more interested in how others perceive me. Sure typing me as a sensor would be insulting since I've clashed with them for as long as I can remember. It wasn't until discovering INTPc and later MBTIc that I finally realised why I've felt different to the general sensing population all my life. Different modes of operation and I don't like their rules and inability to see things from all angles.

You're not a sensor, and yes, there's why.

I know ISFJs, I've lived with lots of them or been friends with them, and your Ni is quite distinguishable in our conversations.

Cafe out of everyone on here (minus my husband) seems to understand exactly where I'm coming from 99.5 percent of the time. I think proteanmix gets me as well.

That's the other key point. You, and Cafe, and PM *all* have very strong Fe senses... regardless of whether it's dominant (for PM) or secondary (for you and cafe).

I think you and cafe also tend to use your Fe more than your Ni (unlike some other INFJs who feel more "ethereal" because they are Ni'ing a lot of the time), which is why both you and she feel so tangible compared to the stronger Ni'ers and some people have confused you for sensors. It's the strength of the Fe that I think confuses people, and it's why you also sometimes get mistaken for an extrovert.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Actually I think you are ENFJ.

I see Ni in you in addition to the obvious dom Fe.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Compared her to Pink Pirahna and Looking4BestNU, and you'll see the difference.

heart

heart on fire
Compared her to Pink Pirahna and Looking4BestNU, and you'll see the difference.

This is why these threads are really so probelmatic. The OP asks for feedback, says they want honest feedback. Feedback can only be given from what is given on the board and then when other people DO give their honest feedback, they are challenged and debated as if there were from the opening only one acceptable answer. So if there was only one acceptable answer, then why bother with the poll and post to begin with? :huh: I just don't understand.

It is more like fishing deliberately for people who think one's type is something else and then wanting to defend and debate them for thinking it. If one feels secure in their type and it is working for them as a tool for self understanding and discovery, what does it matter what others think their type is, especially since they don't fully know them in offline life?

I mean, let's all face it. We all speculate about the correctness of type in others, it is part of the anaylsis of this sort of thing. Does it really matter so much what others may think if we are sure of our own type?

EDIT: Also one cannot expect truly honest and open answers in polls when they are public. Especially when there appears to be only one correct answer.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
lol why am I not surprised? if this isn't your thing then why involve yourself?

edit: what I mean by why am I not surprised is that you nit pick everything and truthfully I was hoping you would answer me honestly and dissect me as only you can but instead you've skirted around it. Typing me as a sensor to me seems preposterous and if you don't agree with me that's okay, really. :)

heart

heart on fire
lol why am I not surprised? if this isn't your thing then why involve yourself?

Jen, if you don't truly want outside perspective why are you asking for it?

I want to understand, that's why I ask.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is why these threads are really so probelmatic. The OP asks for feedback, says they want honest feedback. Feedback can only be given from what is given on the board and then when other people DO give their honest feedback, they are challenged and debated as if there were from the opening only one acceptable answer. So if there was only one acceptable answer, then why bother with the poll and post to begin with? :huh: I just don't understand.

If there is no interplay between answers, to clarify the information being given and the reason for me, or you, or whomever else, to see our particular choices as more valid than other information, then we might as well just PM Jen the responses and not bother to talk to each other at all.

If we are going to discuss it publicly, then I think it's realistic to expect (1) people to disagree and (2) people to explain why they disagree.

My point here was merely to say, if someone else claims Jen's an ENFJ, "Well, she sure doesn't look like other ENFJs." That's something that must be explained away if someone's going to persist in an ENFJ read. That's just part of an impersonal assess, right?

If you'd like a more personal approach where everyone's opinion is equally valid without any explanation having to be given, well, that's nice.

I do agree, though, that typing someone is difficult online; and sometimes even seems to be a pointless endeavor in terms of helpfulness. (I mean, if Jen believes herself something, then she probably won't care what someone else thinks... so yes, the conversation is rather pointless.) So sure, go ahead and ask her to explain why she's asking at all; that makes sense.

And with that, my investment concludes for this topic. ;)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If there is no interplay between answers, to clarify the information being given and the reason for me, or you, or whomever else, to see our particular choices as more valid than other information, then we might as well just PM Jen the responses and not bother to talk to each other at all.

If we are going to discuss it publicly, then I think it's realistic to expect (1) people to disagree and (2) people to explain why they disagree.

My point here was merely to say, if someone else claims Jen's an ENFJ, "Well, she sure doesn't look like other ENFJs." That's something that must be explained away if someone's going to persist in an ENFJ read. That's just part of an impersonal assess, right?

If you'd like a more personal approach where everyone's opinion is equally valid without any explanation having to be given, well, that's nice.

I do agree, though, that typing someone is difficult online; and sometimes even seems to be a pointless endeavor in terms of helpfulness. (I mean, if Jen believes herself something, then she probably won't care what someone else thinks... so yes, the conversation is rather pointless.)

And with that, my investment I think concludes for this topic.

You don't really seem much like other INTPs, but that isn't enough to make you not be one, IMO. When you reduce 6 billion people to 16 types, there is going to be A LOT of variety among the folks sharing a type.

heart

heart on fire
Jennifer, Jen accused people of voting out of "spite" and then she accused them of being too soft out of fear of hurting her feelings. I get very confused by this line of reasoning. I want to understand it better.

Jen does come accross as being very Fe on this board. I have never comminicated with her IM so I cannot know her any other way. Cafe does not seem as strongly Fe in most of her postings. So to my view Jen could very well be ExFJ, but the very thought seems to be an anthema to her so I didn't vote. Jen knows herself better than any of us can. I just don't understand why she wants external opinions and yet accuses those who give it as being motivated by "spite" when they don't give the answer that is in harmony with her view.

I understand NT's well as my Husband is an INTJ and I appreciate their honesty. I find most NF's either too gentle and worried about hurting my feelings or if they're hurt by something I've said to them (bluntly) in the past they seem to lash out spitefully when the opportunity presents itself. Somewhere in the middle is where I see myself.

The idea that I am a sensor makes me :laugh:. It may also be a spite issue as well. I feel that some feelers don't forgive as easily as I do. I'm not one to hold grudges especially on a forum. I will respect members however if I feel someone is being treated unfairly I will say so. Champion of the downtrodden most certainly.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You don't come across to me like the INFJs I know. Of course, people can vary dramatically within a type.

I will say that from an "outsider" perspective you actually come across as somewhat ESFJ to me. Not completely, but certainly more than INFJ. I trust your friends/your opinion, of course, but you asked how you appear, so I'm answering.

edit: to add a real-life aspect, I know 2 ESFJs quite well in RL and the way you act here is very similar to how they act, and not at all like my INFJ roommate. However I haven't met you in RL either and that may change my opinion.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Jen, if you don't truly want outside perspective why are you asking for it?

I want to understand, that's why I ask.
See my edit. You're putting words into my mouth. I never said I didn't want outside perspectives but I will disagree if I think something is off.

The reason I posted a "type me" thread in the What's my Type section is because over the last week I've been told I'm really more like an ENFP and another member thought of me as a ESFP so I thought I'd throw this out there one more time for fun and see what others thought. The sensor thing confuses me because I do have issues with the stereotype but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I may have booed upon first reading it but I can assure you I'm over it already.

Heart your post made me smile. Why? Because in the past I've been called on more than one occasion "Intense" and an "Enigma" and I've never met anyone that struck me this way until I met you on this forum. And I mean this in a good way. You are fascinating. :yes:

heart

heart on fire
Jen, disagreeing is one thing, but you accuse people who don't agree with you of being motivated by spite.

Plus, you seem very sure of your type so I am very curious what you are looking for in these threads.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Jen, disagreeing is one thing, but you accuse people who don't agree with you of being motivated by spite.

Plus, you seem very sure of your type so I am very curious what you are looking for in these threads.
I'm an upfront person so I'll be honest. Dana knows full well that I'm not a sensor but she voted that way. Geoff did as well but the difference is that Geoff is Geoff and he's a fair unbiased person from what I've viewed of his behavior on this forum as well as appearing level headed. I don't have any issues with Dana personally but her vote was odd because I know she knows that's not who I am. Dana is very smart and intuitive. As for BW I didn't give his vote much thought either way and I don't mean that in a spiteful way, it's just that I haven't interacted with him on the forum at all so as far as I'm concerned he doesn't know who I am.

I'm here to understand myself and if I can take something positive away from this thread then I will be a step closer to becoming a better person. What is a better person to me? I'm not sure yet.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The idea that I am a sensor makes me :laugh:.
ESFJ.

:hi:

Actually I'm not sure, you probably are ENFJ, but borderline on the F/T so I voted for the one more likely to annoy you.

:p

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I voted ISFJ because you seem I-FJ to me, but somehow fundamentally different from INFJs I've come across. More earthy and aesthetic or something, I'm not sure. I also work for an ISFJ, and you remind me a lot of her.

Edit: Now I'm having second thoughts about the I/E, though.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm an upfront person so I'll be honest. Dana knows full well that I'm not a sensor but she voted that way. Geoff did as well but the difference is that Geoff is Geoff and he's a fair unbiased person from what I've viewed of his behavior on this forum as well as appearing level headed. I don't have any issues with Dana personally but her vote was odd because I know she knows that's not who I am. Dana is very smart and intuitive. As for BW I didn't give his vote much thought either way and I don't mean that in a spiteful way, it's just that I haven't interacted with him on the forum at all so as far as I'm concerned he doesn't know who I am.

Hmm... I honestly thought you were ESFJ. You are outgoing. You are interested in the here and now. You approach things personally. And you are a J if I ever saw one.

E-S-F-J

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4

Hmm... I honestly thought you were ESFJ. You are outgoing. You are interested in the here and now. You approach things personally. And you are a J if I ever saw one.

E-S-F-J
Ah.. forget the outgoing bit. You are "externally oriented".
Goodness. :rolleyes:

I don't talk about my past or future to many on here because I hate sharing. It's taken me a long time to go back into my blog again and discuss anything. Sharing my hopes and dreams with people is icky for me and I'm also not comfortable talking about my past but have opened up some with a few members. I am more inward with my feelings and thoughts that's why you won't find me sharing and caring online. As for the future I have it all mapped out but know that things don't always work out the way we want them to so I have back up plans as well. My mother has told me since I was young that she never thought about the things that I do but thats because shes an ISFJ and doesn't get me at all.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I'll just use myself as an example, I used to be pretty anxious about being a sensor. I see qualities in myself in either category and I'm no longer concerned with fitting neatly into on or the other. Some people think I'm an ESFJ and others think I'm an ENFJ. Don't get caught up in the foolishness that being a sensor is a lesser than. I recently read a beautiful description of Si from an ISTJ and I'd never even conceived of Si in that way. MBTI enthusiasts tend to attribute such negative to sensing qualities that who would want to be associated with it? I'm saying this to get you all lubed up. I encourage you to research the sensing function to see where it will lead you. I think most people on the forum look for more visible and concrete (deliciously ironic) manifestations of the N function to prove that you're really an intuitive which is the forum watermark. And for cripes sake, DO NOT compare yourself to other ENFJs on the forum! Are there even three regularly posting ENFJs? Don't bother. Frankly I think everyone has been primed towards Pink's type of ENFJness and that's what they're looking for.

That said, I do think you're an ENFJ (and I can see ESFJ as well...don't grind my bones and bake me into a rhubarb pie!!:eek::puppy_dog_eyes:), although more low-key and less interested in harmonizing. Still more ENFJ. I personally think you're more psychological and than people think. I don't think your fluffiness is all frou-frou. I think ENFJs or ESFJs can be more into emotional expression vs. harmonizing and connecting. I've always thought you were a more expressive NFJ and harmonizing can fall by the wayside. It's is cool because I'm about 50/50 with how often I like to harmonize and connect with others as well and depending on when you meet me I may be extremely outgoing or get into an argument with you. :D

Reasons why I think you're an ENFJ aren't all typologically related. Mainly because you're all the way live. This is what I relate to with you: sometimes when I read what you do and say to people I start laughing because that's what I do myself. You seem direct, WYSIWYG, unafraid to be confrontational even though you prefer not to. Emotionally reactive, which can be positive or negative. I thought it was especially cute when you said you cut your family's toenails for them, but that just seems like something a Fe-dom would do, IDK.

And I don't view extroversion/introversion by how much you like or don't like to be around people. I've met some ornery and unsocial extroverts and Fe dominants. I've also seen more tertiary Se than Ti with you. When I can't tell a dominant function I go looking for other functions. Where's your Ti? How well do you use it?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Goodness. ;)
I don't talk about my past or future to many on here because I hate sharing. It's taken me a long time to go back into my blog again and discuss anything. Sharing my hopes and dreams with people is icky for me and I'm also not comfortable talking about my past but have opened up some with a few members. I am more inward with my feelings and thoughts that's why you won't find me sharing and caring online. As for the future I have it all mapped out but know that things don't always work out the way we want them to so I have back up plans as well. My mother has told me since I was young that she never thought about the things that I do but thats because shes an ISFJ and doesn't get me at all.

Ah.. now this is a Jen with whom have not made acquaintance.

I never see you open up.

I am telling you, I do believe you are NFJ.

Keep talking like this (or perhaps I should read your blog?) and I will be able to discern the rest.