User Tag List

View Poll Results: Jen's True Type

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

    0 0%
  • ISFJ

    3 7.14%
  • INFJ

    15 35.71%
  • INTJ

    1 2.38%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • ISFP

    0 0%
  • INFP

    0 0%
  • INTP

    0 0%
  • ESTP

    0 0%
  • ESFP

    1 2.38%
  • ENFP

    2 4.76%
  • ENTP

    0 0%
  • ESTJ

    0 0%
  • ESFJ

    12 28.57%
  • ENFJ

    8 19.05%
  • ENTJ

    0 0%
First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 241

  1. #11
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    I understand NT's well as my Husband is an INTJ and I appreciate their honesty. I find most NF's either too gentle and worried about hurting my feelings or if they're hurt by something I've said to them (bluntly) in the past they seem to lash out spitefully when the opportunity presents itself. Somewhere in the middle is where I see myself.

    The idea that I am a sensor makes me . It may also be a spite issue as well. I feel that some feelers don't forgive as easily as I do. I'm not one to hold grudges especially on a forum. I will respect members however if I feel someone is being treated unfairly I will say so. Champion of the downtrodden most certainly.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  2. #12
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    So, Jen instead of asking us what your type is, why dont you make an argument for whatever type you think you are.

    Will be easier for me to figure out what you are by listening to you do that. (Not to the end of informing you)Personally, I think telling you outright what you are is belittling to you as an autonomous mind.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  3. #13
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    That won't be necessary. I am more interested in how others perceive me. Sure typing me as a sensor would be insulting since I've clashed with them for as long as I can remember. It wasn't until discovering INTPc and later MBTIc that I finally realised why I've felt different to the general sensing population all my life. Different modes of operation and I don't like their rules and inability to see things from all angles.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  4. #14
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    "typing" people online is difficult, especially the E/I part, because anybody can appear introverted or extroverted online, regardless of how they behave in person. A few people on this forum have even asked me if I'm sure I'm an introvert because I "seem extroverted" on this forum. Those people would likely not have the same impressions if they knew me outside the computer.

    I'm inclined to agree with BlueWing (*gasp*) as I tend to take people at face value and believe a person probably knows herself better than I do.

    Your prejudices against sensors are funny, though, it's kinda like being prejudiced against right-handed people.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  5. #15
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    That won't be necessary. I am more interested in how others perceive me. Sure typing me as a sensor would be insulting since I've clashed with them for as long as I can remember. It wasn't until discovering INTPc and later MBTIc that I finally realised why I've felt different to the general sensing population all my life. Different modes of operation and I don't like their rules and inability to see things from all angles.
    So you know your type. Inquiry concering your type is wholly irrelevant to your interests. You only use the question of 'type' as means to the end of finding out what other people think of you. Is that correct?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  6. #16
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    I've been mentally abused by sensors throughout my childhood and it continues to happen. it's difficult and painful for me to discuss so stop pouring salt on my wounds.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  7. #17
    Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    You seem to me like an ENFJ with a moderate E.


    I... suppose. Yeah!

  8. #18
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    So you know your type. Inquiry concering your type is wholly irrelevant to your interests. You only use the question of 'type' as means to the end of finding out what other people think of you. Is that correct?
    Nope, none of that is correct. Thank you for your vote.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    You seem to me like an ENFJ with a moderate E.
    I can see why you would think that and there are times (like yourself) when I am extroverted.

    So when are we all getting together?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  9. #19
    Obsession. Lethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I understand NT's well as my Husband is an INTJ and I appreciate their honesty. I find most NF's either too gentle and worried about hurting my feelings or if they're hurt by something I've said to them (bluntly) in the past they seem to lash out spitefully when the opportunity presents itself. Somewhere in the middle is where I see myself.

    The idea that I am a sensor makes me . It may also be a spite issue as well. I feel that some feelers don't forgive as easily as I do. I'm not one to hold grudges especially on a forum. I will respect members however if I feel someone is being treated unfairly I will say so. Champion of the downtrodden most certainly.
    I would assume this is the reason why you are not sure about being in the NF camp?

    I think this is because you acknowledge that in order to achieve an understanding, there will be some uncomfortable conflicts down the road. You can see importance of the bigger picture and usually do not get stuck in the minute details such as being offended about statements that could potentially serve a greater good.

    The inflexibility in forgiving may lie beyond the thinking/feeling line. From my personal experience, this is a trend that occurs amongst the Js, especially the IXTJs. I know I can be one of these people because I once held a three-year grudge against a friend. The fact I didn't want to admit to myself that I felt ill-willed against her and that she truly hurt me probably gave it the long-lasting power. Underdeveloped Fi, I'd say.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

    Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne


    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

  10. #20
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I've been mentally abused by sensors throughout my childhood and it continues to happen. it's difficult and painful for me to discuss so stop pouring salt on my wounds.
    You know, I think I've felt some abuse from several "N" types, so I can sorta relate. I don't hold the actions of any person against any unrelated person, though, and I can assure you that will receive no abuse from me. I like to get to know and get along with as many people as I can, regardless of their information input sources.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Similar Threads

  1. New and confused! Can you type me?
    By rosescarlet in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2017, 09:02 AM
  2. [Enne] The new and improved Enneagram! From the sponge and evan.
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 04-04-2017, 04:57 AM
  3. New, and improved, questionnaire!
    By MetalMoon in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 09:06 PM
  4. Type me (once and for all)
    By King sns in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO