0 0%
First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Please.

ESFJ you aren't.

End of story.
    Stop manipulating P. Stories should never end.

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    This isn't about whether I like you, why would that be relevant? All 16 types are equally wonderful. Trust me. You did respond as an ESFJ, to me. You created a hierarchical response, Fe led, and there was a big focus on how people "believe" in you.

I'm sorry you'll see this as a criticism, it isn't!
    I wouldn't say a "criticism," it's probably just frustrating to feel like a few people only see part of you and for whatever reason can't see the rest.

Hmmm.
    1. Are there types who aren't really offended if they feel mistyped (versus others more prone to be annoyed), or is it truly just a personal reaction?
    2. If someone else you know whom you think is an ESFJ was posting this thread... would it have looked different at all than Jen's responses?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

This thread is awesome. We need a subforum for excellent threads.
    Last edited by disregard; 07-22-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: but I get the feeling I shouldn't be laughing.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Please.
    ESFJ you aren't.
    End of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    Right on.
    Damned J's.

(Actually, sometimes I'm pretty sure of my opinion too.
    Until it changes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    This thread is awesome. We need a subforum for excellent threads.
    What, you mean a Classics section?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Precisely!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You know what's totally annoying? You starting a thread asking people what your type is, praising all the people who choose the type you want for yourself, and then arguing that all the people who didn't choose your desired type don't know you, or haven't gone deep enough, or some other excuse for why their opinion isn't valid. Gimme a break. This is about something else entirely, which everyone else has already pointed out, namely, that you equate "sensor" with "vacant" and want to prove to everyone that you're not either of them. I think the purpose of this thread, like a majority of the threads you start, is about validating you. That's why I'm sticking with ESFJ.

Edit: I should clarify. The annoying thing isn't you starting a thread like this or wanting to let people know that you're contemplative. The annoying thing is the way it's disguised.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    You know what's totally annoying? You starting a thread asking people what your type is, praising all the people who choose the type you want for yourself, and then arguing that all the people who didn't choose your desired type don't know you, or haven't gone deep enough, or some other excuse for why their opinion isn't valid. Gimme a break. This is about something else entirely, which everyone else has already pointed out, namely, that you equate "sensor" with "vacant" and want to prove to everyone that you're not either of them. I think the purpose of this thread, like a majority of the threads you start, is about validating you. That's why I'm sticking with ESFJ.
    wt....?

Nice opening, I could dance to it.
    Could even agree with some of it.

But the conclusion (i.e., the type read tacked on the end) is illogical.

(And also is a bit insulting to ESFJs, to be honest, although I suppose that wasn't your point.)

Edit: I should clarify. The annoying thing isn't you starting a thread like this or wanting to let people know that you're contemplative. The annoying thing is the way it's disguised.
    Ah, there it is.
    Cool beans, ignore my other comment.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post

I think I'm more xNTP than you perhaps realize, colmena...

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

(Actually, sometimes I'm pretty sure of my opinion too.
    Until it changes.)

Me too, my dear.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I think the purpose of this thread, like a majority of the threads you start, is about validating you. That's why I'm sticking with ESFJ.
    You're goddamned right it's all about me but you're also terrible at typing people. You don't have a clue where I'm coming from.

thanks for you for your vote.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    But the conclusion (i.e., the type read tacked on the end) is illogical.
    Lets see.

I SAID: Jen has a strong need for validation, and this thread is just but one example.

http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFJ.html:
    SAID, about ESFJs:

"ESFJs are warm and energetic. They need approval from others to feel good about themselves...They're very sensitive to others, and freely give practical care. ESFJs are such caring individuals, that they sometimes have a hard time seeing or accepting a difficult truth about someone they care about...They have a strong need to be liked, and to be in control. They are extremely good at reading others, and often change their own manner to be more pleasing to whoever they're with at the moment."

ERGO: Jen has strong ESFJ qualities, enough to convince me that ESFJ is a good fit for her. I happen to think all of those qualities match her personality, but I based my illogical conclusion on the emboldened part only.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    You're goddamned right it's all about me but you're also terrible at typing people. You don't have a clue where I'm coming from.
    This is the BS I'm talking about. I don't type you the way you want, so you charge me with being terrible at typing people. Meh. Whatever.