User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Comparing Si & Se or Ni & Ne is the wrong way to go about it, IMO. Neither IxFP type is characterized by their tertiary.
    I don't have the time or inclination at the moment to discuss the difference between Se & Ne, but I may come back at a later time, if I feel like it. Or just give me a call via a mention if you wanna this input. I had a long discussion with myself the other day in which I clarified all the functions & distinguished them from one another succinctly, but now I have forgotten the details; nonetheless, I am sure I can recall the gist.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Comparing Si & Se or Ni & Ne is the wrong way to go about it, IMO. Neither IxFP type is characterized by their tertiary.
    I don't have the time or inclination at the moment to discuss the difference between Se & Ne, but I may come back at a later time, if I feel like it. Or just give me a call via a mention if you wanna this input. I had a long discussion with myself the other day in which I clarified all the functions & distinguished them from one another succinctly, but now I have forgotten the details; nonetheless, I am sure I can recall the gist.
    In a way I get that, I don't think my tertiary function is very evident or gets much use.

Alright, I may just take you up on that a bit later, thanks for the offer.

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Lol, yeah, exactly. I turn into STJ for sure.

If you are in fact S, at least in my opinion it makes sense for you to feel some relation to both Si and Se, though of course one will be stronger. There is a lot of commonality between the two... the most substantial being operating more in the tangible world, using tangible data to navigate. Being an FP would make it a little less concrete, since F is a bit "floaty", but both Si and Se are influenced by tangible environment and influence tangible environment.
    Yeah I think that would explain why I don't feel either extremely grounded and concrete or extremely conceptual, I also think being a 4 attributed to the confusion as well as I've heard most NF's are 4's.

I would guess at isfp over infp. But, just a vibe.

LadyLazarus

Thanks guys, I think I'll stick with ISFP for a while.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tsunderes View Post
    In regards to stereotypes(yes I know,these are never a good thing to get into, but how could I resist?This is as system founded almost completely on stereotypes, after all.)
    I think ISFP. But it's still probably too soon.

IMO the bold is not a stereotypical thing that an INFP would say.

They don't want to be put in a box at all. And ISFP's tend to just laugh at that, even though they don't want to either. ISFP's are not as adverse to them as INFP's (stereotypically speaking of course )

However, I will say, that I do not relate to the "gentle" stereotype both types seems to carry.
    Many of the ISFP's I know, don't either. ISFP's do have a tendency to be cynical. And this can take that "gentleness" way out of focus. I personally think that ISFP's become this way because they are extremely sensitive and gentle when they're young but life's circumstances make them feel like they have to be tougher. I knew an ISFP that was beat up every single day for 2 years in school...and his gentleness is almost all gone. (He is still way more sensitive than I am in comparison though...so that's what I mean by "takes it out of focus." I think perspective can be lost, unless you're comparing them to a "harder" type.)

Just like when I think of 6's being sensitive, they are way less sensitive than 2's and 4's in general.

Anyway, back to the main idea, my younger sister is an INFP 9w1, and I feel like I am much more assertive, pessimistic/realistic, and overall life-hardened in comparison.
    While my mother, is an ISFP 6w7, and in comparison to her I feel more secure/steady, more sensitive, more inclined towards artistic pursuits, less paranoid, slightly less aggressive, more fanciful/romantic, and more dramatic.
    Yea, this comparison is what I mean. To me it sounds like you're an ISFP from this paragraph.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I think ISFP. But it's still probably too soon.

IMO the bold is not a stereotypical thing that an INFP would say.

They don't want to be put in a box at all. And ISFP's tend to just laugh at that, even though they don't want to either. ISFP's are not as adverse to them as INFP's (stereotypically speaking of course )
    Haha yeah I get what you mean, I think INFP's tend to take that sort of stuff a lot more seriously than I do.

Many of the ISFP's I know, don't either. ISFP's do have a tendency to be cynical. And this can take that "gentleness" way out of focus. I personally think that ISFP's become this way because they are extremely sensitive and gentle when they're young but life's circumstances make them feel like they have to be tougher. I knew an ISFP that was beat up every single day for 2 years in school...and his gentleness is almost all gone. (He is still way more sensitive than I am in comparison though...so that's what I mean by "takes it out of focus." I think perspective can be lost, unless you're comparing them to a "harder" type.)
    Yes I thinks that's what happened to me, life made me realize I have to keep my sensitivities hidden.
    Also,I think what's left of my gentleness does accidently seep out from time to time, so I don't think I look quite as tough as say a T might.I also think it may have something to do with being Sx first as well, like skylights said,I don't think I was really ever extremely gentle or anything,from what I remember anyways.

Yea, this comparison is what I mean. To me it sounds like you're an ISFP from this paragraph.
    Yeah I think I'm a lot more similar to my mother vs my sister, who I feel is my total opposite.
    Hmm yeah I think I'm too grounded and cynical to be an INFP, from what I've noticed with my sister they seem to trusting and optomistic(well at least the 9w1's are).

Thanks for your input.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I too really think ISFP. Everything point to it. The not taking yourself too seriously, being grounded and cynical, gentle but aggressive at the same time, skipping school, really creative but just not caring too much about rules, your short and concise answers, and observation instead of speculation.

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I too really think ISFP. Everything point to it. The not taking yourself too seriously, being grounded and cynical, gentle but aggressive at the same time, skipping school, really creative but just not caring too much about rules, your short and concise answers, and observation instead of speculation.
    Yeah now that I think about it again, it all seems to be pointing in that direction.