User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 17

  1. #1
    Member maybetmp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    iNtP
    Posts
    41

    Default Help Me Type Myself (Let's Try This Again)

    A while ago, when I joined this site, I posted an introduction that also asked for help with typing myself. I didn't get too many responses, and in hindsight, it was probably because I didn't post it in the proper subforum (that's what they're called, right?). Some of this post contains content from the original post (why create more work for myself?). So I guess a description is in order. I tend to be pretty quiet and low energy. I have very many interests and can find almost anything fascinating if I think about it or can understand it. I love computers, philosophy and engineering and spend most of my time reading (code and non-code) or developing code. I love discussions (read: debates) and parties, and like to "cut-loose" every once in a while. I generally can't stand socialising with strangers and will typically keep my conversations short, though the opposite is the case for people I know and trust. I love thinking of possibilities and generating new ideas to the point off compulsion and I'll often follow through with it if it's feasible. I like understanding how things (concepts, systems, subsystems, sub-subsystems, supersystems (I promise I didn't make that up), individual components, etc.) work and spend hours each day trying to do so. I try to be objective, but sometimes I can make rash value judgements that I suspect of being rash value judgements as I make them, but latch onto them anyway. Typically, I'll mentally backtrack and amend them when I'm feeling less emotional (usually in less than a day or so, lol). Arguing and debating is practically a form of entertainment for me, but I lose interest and feel uncomfortable if the other person gets too emotional. Oh, and please feel free to ask any questions you want, because there are probably some things that I might have subconsciously filtered out with the intent to skew your evaluation, and asking might help me remember. Sorry if I'm being pushy, and thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Your interests don't really matter much when it comes to determining type, but ENFP or perhaps INFP sounds like the likeliest. Other possibilites could be ISFP and INTP. Read about them. Pay attention to the dominant functions. Do tell us about what type you think you are too, it helps.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

  3. #3
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    ENFP with strong Te? I don't think you're an introvert.
    Btw you should make paragraphs.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  4. #4
    Junior Member Antonio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I would say INTP or ENTP.

  5. #5
    Member maybetmp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    iNtP
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    Your interests don't really matter much when it comes to determining type, but ENFP or perhaps INFP sounds like the likeliest. Other possibilites could be ISFP and INTP. Read about them. Pay attention to the dominant functions. Do tell us about what type you think you are too, it helps.
    My greatest difficulty is in discerning between Fi and Ti, not because they appear superficially similar, but because I suspect that my preference for the rational over the irrational might be for more emotional reasons. Though I might be presenting to myself a false dichotomy by assuming that being driven by emotion necessarily makes one irrational. I see that based on what you've said, I seem like I have a preference for perceiving, which is probably true, although ISTJs also have Ne in their functional stack, but it's inferior. It raises the question if those with poorly developed inferior traits can appear similar to those with the opposite ordering of functions. Then again, it would be difficult for me to imagine myself as an Si (or even Te) dom. ISFP would be possible on account of Ni being in the tertiary position, since I'm pretty confident that I have an intuitive function in at least the top three. I do have the ability to focus on a given task (only obsessively, my attention span is very binary), but in general, I think I lack the mental conciseness and discipline to be a J. Hmm...

  6. #6
    Member maybetmp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    iNtP
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Okay, so I took an online test (HumanMetrics') and scored INTP. I answered it as generously as possible, that is, if there was even the possibility of an option being true, I picked it over what I'd normaly put. The scores are as follows:
    Introvert 44% (moderate preference)
    iNtuitive 88% (strong preference)
    Thinking 50% (moderate preference)
    Perceiving 11% (slight preference)
    The only other scores I've ever gotten were IN(?)TJ (on a formal test by a licensed psychiatrist years ago, and a handful of times of informal tests), ENTP (on maybe two occasions), and INFP (once or twice). I have a feeling that these tests don't really evaluate functions, but INTP comes out pretty consistently, for what that's worth. I doubt that an ENTP, being Ne dom and Ti aux probably wouldn't score terribly high on extraversion on these tests because they test for the "popular" idea of extraversion (whereas an INFJ might score higher). Observing some supposed ENTPs, I've even found them to seem pretty introverted, so I wouldn't rule that out as a possibility. INFP is possible, but it's really hard for me to imagine myself as an Fi dom. Even at the most emotional stage of my life, I tested as an INTJ (by a psychiatrist). As for what I think I am, it's hard to say. I can guess and maybe say INTP, but I don't really trust my judgement on it. ENTP would probably be a runner up, followed by INTJ, followed by INFP/ENFP, followed by ISTP, followed by ISFP, followed by ESTP.. So in order of likelihood, I'll say:
    1. INTP
    2. ENTP
    3. INTJ
    4. INFP
    5. ENFP
    6. ISTP
    7. ISFP
    8. ESTP
    9. ISTJ
    10. ESFP
    11. INFJ
    12. ENTJ
    13. ESTJ
    14. ENFJ
    15. ESFJ
    16. ISFJ (I almost forgot about this one entirely, despite living with one, LOL)
    I hope that helps a little.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maybetmp View Post
    Okay, so I took an online test (HumanMetrics') and scored INTP. I answered it as generously as possible, that is, if there was even the possibility of an option being true, I picked it over what I'd normaly put. The scores are as follows:
    Introvert 44% (moderate preference)
    iNtuitive 88% (strong preference)
    Thinking 50% (moderate preference)
    Perceiving 11% (slight preference)
    The only other scores I've ever gotten were IN(?)TJ (on a formal test by a licensed psychiatrist years ago, and a handful of times of informal tests), ENTP (on maybe two occasions), and INFP (once or twice). I have a feeling that these tests don't really evaluate functions, but INTP comes out pretty consistently, for what that's worth. I doubt that an ENTP, being Ne dom and Ti aux probably wouldn't score terribly high on extraversion on these tests because they test for the "popular" idea of extraversion (whereas an INFJ might score higher). Observing some supposed ENTPs, I've even found them to seem pretty introverted, so I wouldn't rule that out as a possibility. INFP is possible, but it's really hard for me to imagine myself as an Fi dom. Even at the most emotional stage of my life, I tested as an INTJ (by a psychiatrist). As for what I think I am, it's hard to say. I can guess and maybe say INTP, but I don't really trust my judgement on it. ENTP would probably be a runner up, followed by INTJ, followed by INFP/ENFP, followed by ISTP, followed by ISFP, followed by ESTP.. So in order of likelihood, I'll say:
    1. INTP
    2. ENTP
    3. INTJ
    4. INFP
    5. ENFP
    6. ISTP
    7. ISFP
    8. ESTP
    9. ISTJ
    10. ESFP
    11. INFJ
    12. ENTJ
    13. ESTJ
    14. ENFJ
    15. ESFJ
    16. ISFJ (I almost forgot about this one entirely, despite living with one, LOL)
    I hope that helps a little.
    Humanmetrics = Forer Effect, easy discernible answers, and dichotomy based testing.

    Keys2Cognition = Higher degree of accuracy for those with little knowledge of JCF, not dichotomy based testing, tests on actual functions.

  8. #8
    Member maybetmp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    iNtP
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Yeah, that's more or less what I've gathered from it. I thought the dichotomies were overly simplistic. Though I kind of suspect on the test that you suggested to me that the measuring of Fe is very simplistic because it doesn't seem to care much about harmony and uses some overly concrete examples. Meh. Anyway, here are my results:
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.3)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************* (33)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.3)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************* (31.2)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.8)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.2)
    good use

    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP
    It seems to correspond more or less with the types I listed above according to likelihood. I'm pretty confident in my perceiving functions being Ne and Si, so naturally that leaves ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ, ENTP, INTP, ENFP, INFP (not in order of likelihood). I'd say my Ne is stronger than my Si, so that leaves ENTP, INTP, ENFP, and INFP and XSXJs, with ISFJ and ISTJ being less likely. My Fe is pretty weak, so that eliminates Fe doms or auxes, so buh-bye XSFJ. My Ne is bonkers, so ISTJ is out. So that realistically leaves ESTJ, ENTP, INTP, ENFP, and INFP. I can pretty confidently say that I'm not a Te or Fi dom, so now we're left with ENFP, ENTP, and INTP. Of these three, it's difficult to say which is the most likely. I could be an ENTP with very underdeveloped Fe, an INTP with okay-ish Ti, or an ENFP with bizarrely high Ti. The first two seem the most probable, but I'll lean only slightly toward INTP. Maybe, but if only for the fact that I'd make for a very atypical ENTP, and that my Si is perhaps more developed than my Fe.

  9. #9
    Member maybetmp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    iNtP
    Posts
    41

    Default

    So after further thought, I realised that I seem to use Ni somewhat frequently. It's often a little overwhelming. Would that indicate that I might possibly be an ISTP? Is it possible that what appears to be Ni is just 1+X other functions working in tandem to synthesize something that appears similar to Ni? I'm clearly still having a lot of trouble with this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maybetmp View Post
    So after further thought, I realised that I seem to use Ni somewhat frequently. It's often a little overwhelming. Would that indicate that I might possibly be an ISTP? Is it possible that what appears to be Ni is just 1+X other functions working in tandem to synthesize something that appears similar to Ni? I'm clearly still having a lot of trouble with this.
    What's your heart's desire? What do you daydream/fantasize about? What makes you blissful?

    Sent via Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Help me typing myself?
    By rubi2cube in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 03:29 AM
  2. Let's try this again...so what's my type?
    By Presumptuous Pepper in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 03:07 PM
  3. Help me type myself! INTJ or ENTP (or what)?
    By sunako in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 04:51 PM
  4. Help me type myself?
    By mujigay in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 06:20 PM
  5. Please help me type myself.
    By Noon in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 11:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO