User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    iNtP

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    What's your heart's desire? What do you daydream/fantasize about? What makes you blissful?

Sent via Tapatalk
    Specifically? I guess improving the world, finding truths, improving on designs, creating new systems, understanding the systems of others. I've been known to conjure systems out of nowhere. What makes me blissful? Brainstorming with others. I like discussing hypotheticals, especially if they are humorous. I'll say for sure that if my environment isn't stimulating (my job, dreadful factory work) I'll disappear entirely into my own world, but when it is stimulating (offering opportunities for me to measure and make predictions) I'll pay more attention. Umm, freedom is very important to me. Of course, freedom means different things to different persons. I see it as power. Power to do as I wish (with the reasonable concerns of others in mind, of course). So freedom is another thing I fantasize about. Some vague happiness isn't something I strive for consciously. I do realize that happiness is lack of want, and that fullfilling or eliminating my desires is elimination of that lack of want, so it is something I strive for in a sense, but not necessarily a pop psych conception of happiness (I don't care much for the American dream, necessarily). So yeah, sorry, I'm having trouble being concise, but you asked a very general question.

Quote Originally Posted by maybetmp View Post
    Specifically? I guess improving the world, finding truths, improving on designs, creating new systems, understanding the systems of others. I've been known to conjure systems out of nowhere. What makes me blissful? Brainstorming with others. I like discussing hypotheticals, especially if they are humorous. I'll say for sure that if my environment isn't stimulating (my job, dreadful factory work) I'll disappear entirely into my own world, but when it is stimulating (offering opportunities for me to measure and make predictions) I'll pay more attention. Umm, freedom is very important to me. Of course, freedom means different things to different persons. I see it as power. Power to do as I wish (with the reasonable concerns of others in mind, of course). So freedom is another thing I fantasize about. Some vague happiness isn't something I strive for consciously. I do realize that happiness is lack of want, and that fullfilling or eliminating my desires is elimination of that lack of want, so it is something I strive for in a sense, but not necessarily a pop psych conception of happiness (I don't care much for the American dream, necessarily). So yeah, sorry, I'm having trouble being concise, but you asked a very general question.
    This sounds as ENTP...though I was hoping for a much brief answer like just one sentence...what/who do you aspire to be? Who IRL embodies that ideal?

Sent via Tapatalk

MBTI
    iNtP

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    This sounds as ENTP...though I was hoping for a much brief answer like just one sentence...what/who do you aspire to be? Who IRL embodies that ideal?

Sent via Tapatalk
    Abraham Lincoln. Not really. Umm, well, I've always admired hacker types. Like Dennis Ritchie, Wozniak, Ken Thompson (not Stallman or Raymond, aww hayull naw). Anyone who invents things, inspires change, etc. (so I guess Abe Lincoln? LOL). I have a slight affinity towards activist types (as long as they can present a coherent arguement). Does that help at all?

Permabanned

ti-fe.
    which means, ne-si.

xntp.

MBTI
    iNtP

I'll giev you a long-winded example of how I normally post (Facebook, LOL) outside of this forum, so I can reduce some potential "environmental bias" (apologies if that's an established term that I'm abusing). I think it seems pretty Te/Ni-sh. Let me know what you think. This is in response to a conservative group asking if people wish they could go back to earlier gas prices (think .99 per gallon). Let's see if this helps. Bear with me.

I mean, I can think of some ways to lower the prices, in a sense. Of course, both solutions have a cost that should be pretty obvious to anyone, and of course, are antithetical to American conservatism, but I'll list them anyway.
    1) You could establish price ceilings on gas prices to keep them under $1.00. I'm not too familiar with the economics of gas stations, but from what I've been told, they make a net loss off of gas sales to begin with and compensate for them with convenience store sales (which would explain the unusually high cost of things in gas station stores, I guess). I'd be inclined to believe that they'd have to raise prices of convenience items to the point that they'd be uncompetitive and they'd probably go out of business eventually, which would probably destroy the economy unless the government stepped in and nationalized the gas station industry.

2) We subsidize gas prices. We allow gas stations to sell gas at a low price by compensating the difference in prices through government subsidies. A price floor would have to be established so gas stations couldn't sell their gas at a price that's close to zero and having tax payers foot the bill.

The second option is obviously the most viable. In fact, some South American countries have implemented this successfully, IIRC. There are negative consequences with making gas extremely cheap, however, such as over consumption. The cheaper gas is, the more it will be consumed, leading to higher scarcity, leading to a greater demand on funds needed to subsidize it, thus increasing the tax burden. If it's left unchecked, oil will be consumed to the point of total depletion. That's not to mention the increased carbon footprint caused by this overconsumption and the hidden costs involved. Of course, that's not necessarily set in stone because there are many unforeeable factors, such as we might be able to synthesize oil at a lower price than extracting it.

MBTI
    iNtP

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    ti-fe.
    which means, ne-si.

xntp.
    Oh, sorry. What makes you say that?

Permabanned

Because...
    Quote Originally Posted by maybetmp View Post
    I love discussions (read: debates)

I love thinking of possibilities and generating new ideas to the point off compulsion

I like understanding how things (concepts, systems, subsystems, sub-subsystems, supersystems

I try to be objective, but sometimes I can make rash value judgements that I suspect of being rash value judgements as I make them, but latch onto them anyway.

Typically, I'll mentally backtrack and amend them when I'm feeling less emotional (usually in less than a day or so, lol).

Arguing and debating is practically a form of entertainment for me,
    Ti, Ne, Ti, Inferior Fe, Inferior Fe, Ti