• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tritype:Finding your gut fix?

L

LadyLazarus

Alright,so I am having some trouble deciding on my gut fix as of late.(Bet you didn't get that from the title.)

Initially I thought I had an 8-fix,but I've been thinking I'm not blunt enough to be the "truth teller",but I am unsure if that's due to my core type's 3 wing or if it signifies the lack of an 8-fix,as I tend to favor diplomacy(that is to say I try to soften the blow)when I must share my observations with others,although I almost always get around to telling people in one way or another,as if I am being pushed to do so by myself.

At the present moment,I am leaning towards either 8 or 9 as my gut type,although hey who knows I might turn out to have a 1-fix.:shrug:

Anyway,thoughts?

S

Stansmith

If it helps..as a 9-fixer, I tend to experience myself as small in relation to the world - it's almost as if I just 'slither' through my day-to-day affairs unnoticed, coming-and-going as I please, as opposed to being some sort of active force with the ability to influence anything. I'm relatively patient and able to simply 'tune out' any external disturbances. I also have a 'meh' attitude towards anyone who tries to initiate a conflict/argument...although of course, if it's constructive or something I need to hear I'll concede, take what the person says into account and mull it over internally, but I don't do persistent back-and-forths.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tend to favor diplomacy(that is to say I try to soften the blow)when I must share my observations with others,although I almost always get around to telling people in one way or another,as if I am being pushed to do so by myself.

1 or a weak 8 fix

and fix your spacebar :p

L

LadyLazarus

If it helps..as a 9-fixer, I tend to experience myself as small in relation to the world - it's almost as if I just 'slither' through my day-to-day affairs unnoticed, coming-and-going as I please, as opposed to being some sort of active force with the ability to influence anything. I'm relatively patient and able to simply 'tune out' any external disturbances. I also have a 'meh' attitude towards anyone who tries to initiate a conflict/argument...although of course, if it's constructive or something I need to hear I'll concede, take what the person says into account and mull it over internally, but I don't do persistent back-and-forths.
Hmm interesting,this makes me reconsider 9...Is your 9-fix very strong?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks.Why 1 though?

Never.:D

well I thought maybe it was superego telling you to say the truth in whatever way you can say it, "as if I am being pushed to do so by myself"

why never? :p

L

LadyLazarus

well I thought maybe it was superego telling you to say the truth in whatever way you can say it, "as if I am being pushed to do so by myself"

why never? :p

Oh ok that would kind of make sense,but I'm not sure abut being through enough about being perfect to be a 1 though,would it manifest itself differently within the last position in a tritype?

:shrug:...pride I suppose.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh ok that would kind of make sense,but I'm not sure abut being through enough about being perfect to be a 1 though,would it manifest itself differently within the last position in a tritype?

:shrug:...pride I suppose.

no idea heh

for me 4 is last fix, it doesnt seem different at all from core 4 except that it surfaces much less often than for a core 4. much more short-lived stuff. well though different in one aspect, not obsessed in a conscious way about authenticity, that issue doesn't worry me or anything.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright,so I am having some trouble deciding on my gut fix as of late.(Bet you didn't get that from the title.)
What aspect of yourself is making you uncertain?

Initially I thought I had an 8-fix,but I've been thinking I'm not blunt enough to be the "truth teller",but I am unsure if that's due to my core type's 3 wing or if it signifies the lack of an 8-fix,as I tend to favor diplomacy(that is to say I try to soften the blow)when I must share my observations with others,although I almost always get around to telling people in one way or another,as if I am being pushed to do so by myself.
OK, first of all, you're a core 4. Your gut fix is going to come out for those (4ish) reasons, and come out in a 4ish form. Fours are sensitive and tactful as part of their core nature, so I'm not sure that being able to be diplomatic is a strike against an 8-fix. You are also Fi-dom, which means you're going to relate to people from that perspective. You will probably not generally be as blunt as you may be thinking.

I personally don't think I'm blunt enough to be a "real 8/8-fixer" myself, yet the psychological underpinnings are all there. I definitely do not see myself being "hyperreactive", either, which caused me to doubt being this tritype for a long time. But when I look at where my fields of perception are, that's clearly what's going on. So, it's not always what you would expect based on your own inner experience.

At the present moment,I am leaning towards either 8 or 9 as my gut type,although hey who knows I might turn out to have a 1-fix.:shrug:

Anyway,thoughts?
Fours sometimes report difficulty in finding the gut-fix. They're often gut-fix-last, and they have a 1-connection to further complicate matters.

I made this some time ago:
1-fix will try to justify anger before taking action and may feel guilty for being angry later. Strong values system.
9-fix tends to suppress rage and doesn't perceive self as "angry" very often
8-fix tends to explode, then get over it. There is more comfort with one's own anger.

The Fauvres say that when you think of your gut fix, think of how you manage anger as a general rule. Do any of these resonate?

L

LadyLazarus

What aspect of yourself is making you uncertain?
The fact that I don't think I am "strong enough" so to speak,to have an 8-fix.Also the fact that I may be almost too soft in a way to have 8 in me,like maybe I'm not blunt enough about things to be the truth teller...I tend to favor finding a tactful way of phrasing the truth overall,to soften the blow.

OK, first of all, you're a core 4. Your gut fix is going to come out for those (4ish) reasons, and come out in a 4ish form. Fours are sensitive and tactful as part of their core nature, so I'm not sure that being able to be diplomatic is a strike against an 8-fix. You are also Fi-dom, which means you're going to relate to people from that perspective. You will probably not generally be as blunt as you may be thinking.
That would make a lot of sense,as I don't really relate to 9 or 1's core fears or motivations as much as 8's.I suppose 4 being in the lead might explain my approach towards informing others,thanks.

I personally don't think I'm blunt enough to be a "real 8/8-fixer" myself, yet the psychological underpinnings are all there. I definitely do not see myself being "hyperreactive", either, which caused me to doubt being this tritype for a long time. But when I look at where my fields of perception are, that's clearly what's going on. So, it's not always what you would expect based on your own inner experience.
Ok good to know it's not just me:laugh:,
other people on here I've seen with this tritype seem so very blunt,and I didn't really relate to them in that aspect,
which caused me even more doubt as I thought we where supposed to relate to people of our same tritype,
but I suppose a differing core would make sense as to how a person goes about their tritype.

Fours sometimes report difficulty in finding the gut-fix. They're often gut-fix-last, and they have a 1-connection to further complicate matters.
Yes this is certainly the case with myself,I feel the least in touch with my gut type,it makes it very hard to discern.

I made this some time ago:
1-fix will try to justify anger before taking action and may feel guilty for being angry later. Strong values system.
9-fix tends to suppress rage and doesn't perceive self as "angry" very often
8-fix tends to explode, then get over it. There is more comfort with one's own anger.

The Fauvres say that when you think of your gut fix, think of how you manage anger as a general rule. Do any of these resonate?

1-Only the parts about feeling guilty about being angry afterwards(although maybe that's more about what I did while angry...) and having a strong value system.
9-Not at all.
8-Strongly relate to all of it.

So I do have an 8-fix,it's just softened,if you will, by my core 4?

á´…eparted

passages
While all are possible, I think that 1 is highly unlikely for you. It's extremely rare for FP's to have 1 even in their tritype. It's possible, but not likely. I haven't seen you show much signs of it either.

One thing that helped me figure out my tritype was to figure out the sort of, order of events when methods start to fail. So if you try and try and try, is your last ditch effort to sort of attack things head on, blow them down and get there (even if there are casulties). Or, to wait it out, sort of hope and see if things will emerge as needed be, or follow the path of least resistance knowing it will be ok. Or, to try and micromanage everything, get into the nitty gritty and iron it all out? Bare in mind these are all kind of "the end of the road" so it might feel kind of icky or depressing when things are done this way.

L

LadyLazarus

While all are possible, I think that 1 is highly unlikely for you. It's extremely rare for FP's to have 1 even in their tritype. It's possible, but not likely. I haven't seen you show much signs of it either.

One thing that helped me figure out my tritype was to figure out the sort of, order of events when methods start to fail. So if you try and try and try, is your last ditch effort to sort of attack things head on, blow them down and get there (even if there are casulties). Or, to wait it out, sort of hope and see if things will emerge as needed be, or follow the path of least resistance knowing it will be ok. Or, to try and micromanage everything, get into the nitty gritty and iron it all out? Bare in mind these are all kind of "the end of the road" so it might feel kind of icky or depressing when things are done this way.

Yes I agree, I really doubt I have 1 in there.

My last ditch effort would probably be to attack things head on,I'm not patient enough to try to iron things out and nowhere near patient enough to try to wait things out.I do tend to lose my cool and become reckless extremely easily when under frustration...

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The fact that I don't think I am "strong enough" so to speak,to have an 8-fix.Also the fact that I may be almost too soft in a way to have 8 in me,like maybe I'm not blunt enough about things to be the truth teller...I tend to favor finding a tactful way of phrasing the truth overall,to soften the blow.

I think it's the descriptions that are the problem here. Go by motivations instead, and always remember you're human.

That would make a lot of sense,as I don't really relate to 9 or 1's core fears or motivations as much as 8's.I suppose 4 being in the lead might explain my approach towards informing others,thanks.
It might indeed. Motivations, again, are the important part.

Ok good to know it's not just me:laugh:,
other people on here I've seen with this tritype seem so very blunt,and I didn't really relate to them in that aspect,
which caused me even more doubt as I thought we where supposed to relate to people of our same tritype,
but I suppose a differing core would make sense as to how a person goes about their tritype.
I don't know any other 4s of this tritype, tbh. But I think we can relate to each other in deeper aspects than surface traits of bluntness or tact. All the Fauvres have said about the tritype is that they want to be "direct", which is very different from being blunt. If you can say that you share that desire, I think you're good to go.

1-Only the parts about feeling guilty about being angry afterwards(although maybe that's more about what I did while angry...) and having a strong value system.
9-Not at all.
8-Strongly relate to all of it.
Sounds like 1 or 8 is your best bet then. If you just don't relate to the 1, you're more likely to be 8-fixed.

So I do have an 8-fix,it's just softened,if you will, by my core 4?
Well you know yourself best, so I defer my ultimate judgement to you. It's just that as a core 4, you wouldn't necessarily seem like an 8 all the time. You'd still be a core 4 who shares similar motivations to the 8 and may act out that way on occasion.

L

LadyLazarus

To be honest, I feel the same way about 8 as core. "I'm strong, but I'm not THAT strong" kind of mentality. I'm well aware of all the Fe-laced things I've said and the times I haven't stood up for myself. I certainly don't go around looking for trouble with my big blunt mouth or anything. I don't have any power, and I'm certainly no "big shot". So I spent all these years acquiring reasons I couldn't be a core 8...yet having read about the types in depth, that's looking increasingly likely for me.

I think it's the descriptions that are the problem here. Go by motivations instead, and always remember you're human.

Gotcha', I really must get out of the habit of going off the descriptions.I think they make 8's out to be imposing and almost larger than life.

I don't know any other 4s of this tritype, tbh. But I think we can relate to each other in deeper aspects than surface traits of bluntness or tact. All the Fauvres have said about the tritype is that they want to be "direct", which is very different from being blunt. If you can say that you share that desire, I think you're good to go.
Hmm yes I may have mistaken the bluntness and directness for each other, and yes I would say I share the desire to be direct overall.

Well you know yourself best, so I defer my ultimate judgement to you. It's just that as a core 4, you wouldn't necessarily seem like an 8 all the time. You'd still be a core 4 who shares similar motivations to the 8 and may act out that way on occasion.
Yeah I think I'm going to go with 8 for now at least, your help is appreciated.