User Tag List

12 Last

LadyLazarus

Default Tritype:Finding your gut fix?

Alright,so I am having some trouble deciding on my gut fix as of late.(Bet you didn't get that from the title.)

Initially I thought I had an 8-fix,but I've been thinking I'm not blunt enough to be the "truth teller",but I am unsure if that's due to my core type's 3 wing or if it signifies the lack of an 8-fix,as I tend to favor diplomacy(that is to say I try to soften the blow)when I must share my observations with others,although I almost always get around to telling people in one way or another,as if I am being pushed to do so by myself.

At the present moment,I am leaning towards either 8 or 9 as my gut type,although hey who knows I might turn out to have a 1-fix.

Anyway,thoughts?

Stansmith

If it helps..as a 9-fixer, I tend to experience myself as small in relation to the world - it's almost as if I just 'slither' through my day-to-day affairs unnoticed, coming-and-going as I please, as opposed to being some sort of active force with the ability to influence anything. I'm relatively patient and able to simply 'tune out' any external disturbances. I also have a 'meh' attitude towards anyone who tries to initiate a conflict/argument...although of course, if it's constructive or something I need to hear I'll concede, take what the person says into account and mull it over internally, but I don't do persistent back-and-forths.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by tsunderes View Post
    I tend to favor diplomacy(that is to say I try to soften the blow)when I must share my observations with others,although I almost always get around to telling people in one way or another,as if I am being pushed to do so by myself.
    1 or a weak 8 fix

and fix your spacebar :P

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    1 or a weak 8 fix

and fix your spacebar :P
    Thanks.Why 1 though?

Never.

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    If it helps..as a 9-fixer, I tend to experience myself as small in relation to the world - it's almost as if I just 'slither' through my day-to-day affairs unnoticed, coming-and-going as I please, as opposed to being some sort of active force with the ability to influence anything. I'm relatively patient and able to simply 'tune out' any external disturbances. I also have a 'meh' attitude towards anyone who tries to initiate a conflict/argument...although of course, if it's constructive or something I need to hear I'll concede, take what the person says into account and mull it over internally, but I don't do persistent back-and-forths.
    Hmm interesting,this makes me reconsider 9...Is your 9-fix very strong?

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Thanks.Why 1 though?

Never.
    well I thought maybe it was superego telling you to say the truth in whatever way you can say it, "as if I am being pushed to do so by myself"

why never? :P

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    well I thought maybe it was superego telling you to say the truth in whatever way you can say it, "as if I am being pushed to do so by myself"

why never? :P
    Oh ok that would kind of make sense,but I'm not sure abut being through enough about being perfect to be a 1 though,would it manifest itself differently within the last position in a tritype?

...pride I suppose.

Stansmith

Hmm interesting,this makes me reconsider 9...Is your 9-fix very strong?
    I'd say so.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Oh ok that would kind of make sense,but I'm not sure abut being through enough about being perfect to be a 1 though,would it manifest itself differently within the last position in a tritype?

...pride I suppose.
    no idea heh

for me 4 is last fix, it doesnt seem different at all from core 4 except that it surfaces much less often than for a core 4. much more short-lived stuff. well though different in one aspect, not obsessed in a conscious way about authenticity, that issue doesn't worry me or anything.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Alright,so I am having some trouble deciding on my gut fix as of late.(Bet you didn't get that from the title.)
    What aspect of yourself is making you uncertain?

Initially I thought I had an 8-fix,but I've been thinking I'm not blunt enough to be the "truth teller",but I am unsure if that's due to my core type's 3 wing or if it signifies the lack of an 8-fix,as I tend to favor diplomacy(that is to say I try to soften the blow)when I must share my observations with others,although I almost always get around to telling people in one way or another,as if I am being pushed to do so by myself.
    OK, first of all, you're a core 4. Your gut fix is going to come out for those (4ish) reasons, and come out in a 4ish form. Fours are sensitive and tactful as part of their core nature, so I'm not sure that being able to be diplomatic is a strike against an 8-fix. You are also Fi-dom, which means you're going to relate to people from that perspective. You will probably not generally be as blunt as you may be thinking.

I personally don't think I'm blunt enough to be a "real 8/8-fixer" myself, yet the psychological underpinnings are all there. I definitely do not see myself being "hyperreactive", either, which caused me to doubt being this tritype for a long time. But when I look at where my fields of perception are, that's clearly what's going on. So, it's not always what you would expect based on your own inner experience.

At the present moment,I am leaning towards either 8 or 9 as my gut type,although hey who knows I might turn out to have a 1-fix.

Anyway,thoughts?
    Fours sometimes report difficulty in finding the gut-fix. They're often gut-fix-last, and they have a 1-connection to further complicate matters.

I made this some time ago:
    1-fix will try to justify anger before taking action and may feel guilty for being angry later. Strong values system.
    9-fix tends to suppress rage and doesn't perceive self as "angry" very often
    8-fix tends to explode, then get over it. There is more comfort with one's own anger.
    The Fauvres say that when you think of your gut fix, think of how you manage anger as a general rule. Do any of these resonate?