User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default Determining my MBTI type (contains video).

Hi.

So, I have been here long enough that I think people have gotten somewhat of a perspective on what I am like. It's not ideal but good enough to start with. After having an interaction with @EJCC, I thought now is as good as ever.

Simply put, while I label myself as INTJ, this might not be correct. I considered myself to be INFJ for about 9 years, and several months ago realized that is very likely wrong. Some reflection and discussion elsewhere (reddit) lead others to suggest INTJ. I stewed with it, went with it here as it fit, and said to stay with it until given a reason to question it. I have since received that.

When I take MBTI tests, I get 3 common results: ENTJ, ESTJ, and INTJ. Slightly less frequently, ISTJ and INFJ. There's enough variability that I can't use it. Cognitive function results can run the gambit as well. The main consistency with that is either a Pi function is top, with Te second, or Te is top, with a Pi second. Both are often very close. Ne and Se are dead last.

Anyway, I thought making a video would actually be better suited for this. You can actually "see" me which gives a better vibe. I think this is a fairly good capture of me in a neutral mood (more or less) and when I have sufficent energy (when I am lacking it throws things off). I will warn you now: I talk fast (I'm quite verbose and chatty, always have been). I will let that do most of the talking and safe the wall of text for later till people ask, or it becomes needed for clarification purposes.

If there is any questions, comments, concerns you want to make please make them known. I will do my best to answer. Though I usually am not on here until the evenings since I work a lot during the day.

MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

i like ENTJ for you.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    i like ENTJ for you.
    Maybe this is just stereotypes, but I have some major aspects of myself that seem quite anti-entj like. The biggest ones is that i am quite moody. While i do my best to mask and hide it from others, it still does leak out for others to see. I am not spooked by emotions either (well, mostly). If someone is really upset, crying, angry, etc. I either feel little, or annoyed. In those cases I will simply ignore it, leave, or deal if I have to. If it is someone i truly care about I won't leave their side for quite a while.

Idk, it fits. In some ways I just don't... feel like I'm good enough to be ENTJ?

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Maybe this is just stereotypes, but I have some major aspects of myself that seem quite anti-entj like. The biggest ones is that i am quite moody. While i do my best to mask and hide it from others, it still does leak out for others to see. I am not spooked by emotions either (well, mostly). If someone is really upset, crying, angry, etc. I either feel little, or annoyed. In those cases I will simply ignore it, leave, or deal if I have to. If it is someone i truly care about I won't leave their side for quite a while.

Idk, it fits. In some ways I just don't... feel like I'm good enough to be ENTJ?
    I think it's typical for people to have that sort of relationship with their inferior function. Moodiness doesn't necessarily imply developed feeling.

Socionics
    ILI

My opinion from the video: ENFJ (or possible ENTJ)

Je (most likely Fe) - Pi (most likely Ni) - Pe (Most likely Se) - Ji (Most likely Ti)

Your mannerism in the video is fairly warm, friendly, and you sort of abide by social niceties (assuming that you didn't pick up phrases from others like the one mentioned as "For lack of a better word here, bullshit", the follow-up is more Fe oriented in conveying the weight of the information than Fi, which would be a bit more directive and uncaring in the use of inappropriate language).

Your absolute necessity for order may stem from Je residing in the dominant slot, and recall that extroversion/introversion simply indicates your preference for dealing with life. Oftentimes, it is possible for somewhat introverted ENFJs (though, ExTJ is more organization oriented) to still be extroverted due to the fact that they feel the need to always add structure to the environment.

I say that Fe > Te primarily in the way you speak, usually Te types are more direct and to the point with information (and outdo Fi in terms of neglecting social courtesy), whereas you tend to be more expressive and possess much more inflection in your voice (a good amount of Te types are suspect to monotone, not caring about the delivery of the information but the information itself). The Hot-Cold mentality might spring from Fe Hero and Fi Opposing Personality Complex (I'm going to start calling that the anti-hero, it's too damn long to type), when you go to attack others when stressed, you might be more inclined to completely ignore social courtesies in favor of becoming stubborn about personal values ((s)he hurt me; therefore, that person went against what I believe is right or wrong, and thus I will deny him or her social graces in favor of retribution for crossing my values (also note that this is a hypothesis, I don't know how this might actually play out entirely)).

Just my personal analysis though.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    i like ENTJ for you.
    Agreed.

Extraverted because he describes himself as uncomfortable being inside his head for too long (whereas introverts are uncomfortable getting outside of their heads for too long).

Intuition versus Sensing isn't made obvious in this video. However, if he describes himself as wannabe-Sensor, then I'll take his word for it.

Thinking is a strong trait in this video based on statements concerning wanting to get control of his environment.

Judging is so obvious as to be unworthy of explanation.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I think it's typical for people to have that sort of relationship with their inferior function. Moodiness doesn't necessarily imply developed feeling.
    That's true, and a very good point. I was raised to be in touch with my feelings very heavily, and I picked up on how to do it. I have very keen self-awareness. However, I sometimes get a bit confused over exactly what I feel. If the emotion is complex, I get it and can manage it fine. Simple? I have a hard time. If I am just sad, and there is no reason, I don't know what to do and it just gets worse and worse until it eventually just fades, I swallow it, or external circumstances resolve it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    My opinion from the video: ENFJ (or possible ENTJ)

Je (most likely Fe) - Pi (most likely Ni) - Pe (Most likely Se) - Ji (Most likely Ti)

Your mannerism in the video is fairly warm, friendly, and you sort of abide by social niceties (assuming that you didn't pick up phrases from others like the one mentioned as "For lack of a better word here, bullshit", the follow-up is more Fe oriented in conveying the weight of the information than Fi, which would be a bit more directive and uncaring in the use of inappropriate language).

Your absolute necessity for order may stem from Je residing in the dominant slot, and recall that extroversion/introversion simply indicates your preference for dealing with life. Oftentimes, it is possible for somewhat introverted ENFJs (though, ExTJ is more organization oriented) to still be extroverted due to the fact that they feel the need to always add structure to the environment.

I say that Fe > Te primarily in the way you speak, usually Te types are more direct and to the point with information (and outdo Fi in terms of neglecting social courtesy), whereas you tend to be more expressive and possess much more inflection in your voice (a good amount of Te types are suspect to monotone, not caring about the delivery of the information but the information itself). The Hot-Cold mentality might spring from Fe Hero and Fi Opposing Personality Complex (I'm going to start calling that the anti-hero, it's too damn long to type), when you go to attack others when stressed, you might be more inclined to completely ignore social courtesies in favor of becoming stubborn about personal values ((s)he hurt me; therefore, that person went against what I believe is right or wrong, and thus I will deny him or her social graces in favor of retribution for crossing my values (also note that this is a hypothesis, I don't know how this might actually play out entirely)).

Just my personal analysis though.
    Yeah I am leaning more and more strongly to extrovert. I think I have always seen myself as introverted because of long term depression issues since my late teens, and from having low self-esteem from early teens until a few years ago. That has definitely colored myself to appear more introvered than I actually am. Not just in the classical meaning of the word,

I have always been friendly. As a child (as soon as I could talk in full sentences) I would talk to anyone. My parents dreaded taking me to the store at times because of how socially inclined I was. I would be watching the world go by, and if someone went by that caught my interest for whatever reason, it would go something like this "Hi! My name's Pieter! What's yours? That's a pretty shirt, where did you buy it? Why are you here? Where do you work? What is your favorite thing on the shelf?" ad nasueum. I knew no bounds. I just wanted to get to know people. It was fun to learn what went on inside of another person, and I liked receiving warmth from them if they liked me. In a way, I am still like this. In the right circumstances, I am very chatty with complete strangers. I am very choosy who I share warmth with though. I put a lot of emphasis on vocal tone, because I want people to understand me. It actually strikes me as illogical not to have very varied cadence in my voice. If impart a lot of it, it's very clear on what I mean. It's very easy to read between the lines. I want things to be crystal clear. I also want to be sure that what I feel is coming across clearly (and if there is an absence of feeling, I want that to show too).

When stressed I do have to restrain myself from being nasty (though it depends on my energy level more than anything). I am fair with people 99% of the time. The only time I forgo what is "socially correct" is when someone has slighted me in a bad way. In those cases, I get nasty, I don't care, I do not stop, and they will be punished. It has to be internally justifed for me to do it. i.e. ends must justify the means. That said though, I mostly keep this within social bounds. In fact, I will use that against them (i.e. bend the system to my advantage).

EDIT: I should clarify, I don't care so much if someone tries to personally insult me. That usually is meaningless to me and doesn't phase me. What I have more issue with, is someone I determine to be "a problem" and context determines what a problem is. Usually it's someone causing disorder or dissaray (often for the sake of with malintent). That's what sets me off. Or someone that is just so profoundly stupid and willfully ignorant despite being corrected again and again.

At the end of the day, I think I identify with Te more than Fe (but I do identify strongly with Je in general the most). I just don't really appear like a typical Te. That said, my father is an ESTJ and he is rather expressive in a similar manner that I am (lots of voice varience), but not to the extend that I am. If I am Fe then, it must be that I am just more "calculated" with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Agreed.

Extraverted because he describes himself as uncomfortable being inside his head for too long (whereas introverts are uncomfortable getting outside of their heads for too long).

Intuition versus Sensing isn't made obvious in this video. However, if he describes himself as wannabe-Sensor, then I'll take his word for it.

Thinking is a strong trait in this video based on statements concerning wanting to get control of his environment.

Judging is so obvious as to be unworthy of explanation.
    It's not so much that I am uncomfortable being in my head for too long, it's that it causes me a lot of problems if I remain there for too long. Yet I find myself ignoring that, but it's such a old old habit that in a way I am used to it.
    Last edited by Hard; 03-05-2014 at 12:38 AM. Reason: clarify

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    That does not mean he's a thinking type. Enfjs have a reputation of being feisty/controlling. On the personality page or whatever its called description of enfj, im pretty sure it even says that enfjs like to be alone, but then they start to have dark thoughts if alone too long or something like that. Check for yourself, its been a while for me.

Definitely think enfj imho.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Whatever this is worth, I still dislike typing by video but you seemed to ooze a specific kind of warmth :o

(And when I once made a video to see what it was like, I also did, lol.)

That's true, and a very good point. I was raised to be in touch with my feelings very heavily, and I picked up on how to do it. I have very keen self-awareness. However, I sometimes get a bit confused over exactly what I feel. If the emotion is complex, I get it and can manage it fine. Simple? I have a hard time. If I am just sad, and there is no reason, I don't know what to do and it just gets worse and worse until it eventually just fades, I swallow it, or external circumstances resolve it for me.
    Haha your writing style never ever made me think you would be F but this is really F-ish :P

I have always been friendly. As a child (as soon as I could talk in full sentences) I would talk to anyone. My parents dreaded taking me to the store at times because of how socially inclined I was. I would be watching the world go by, and if someone went by that caught my interest for whatever reason, it would go something like this "Hi! My name's Pieter! What's yours? That's a pretty shirt, where did you buy it? Why are you here? Where do you work? What is your favorite thing on the shelf?" ad nasueum. I knew no bounds. I just wanted to get to know people. It was fun to learn what went on inside of another person, and I liked receiving warmth from them if they liked me. In a way, I am still like this. In the right circumstances, I am very chatty with complete strangers. I am very choosy who I share warmth with though. I put a lot of emphasis on vocal tone, because I want people to understand me. It actually strikes me as illogical not to have very varied cadence in my voice. If impart a lot of it, it's very clear on what I mean. It's very easy to read between the lines. I want things to be crystal clear. I also want to be sure that what I feel is coming across clearly (and if there is an absence of feeling, I want that to show too).
    Not a typical INTJ whatsoever. Whatever that means ;p

What I have more issue with, is someone I determine to be "a problem" and context determines what a problem is. Usually it's someone causing disorder or dissaray (often for the sake of with malintent). That's what sets me off. Or someone that is just so profoundly stupid and willfully ignorant despite being corrected again and again.
    What kind of corrections are those?

At the end of the day, I think I identify with Te more than Fe
    Why?

It's not so much that I am uncomfortable being in my head for too long, it's that it causes me a lot of problems if I remain there for too long. Yet I find myself ignoring that, but it's such a old old habit that in a way I am used to it.
    That's almost the exact same for me. (Though I would say I do get uncomfortable in terms of feeling a bit drained & I snap out of head easily and automatically if something comes up in the environment)

What kind of problems does it cause for you?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

ENTJ > ENFJ.