User Tag List

12 Last

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Default I have found this to be the best way of typing someone/yourself

I have been interested in/involuntarily thinking about MBTI for near two years now and have come up with one big thing that makes the typing of an individual much easier.

There is one additional rule that I have found to typing yourself that I think is very important and that I think should be noted:

That is that when you type yourself/someone else, that person should be in an environment that they find themself to be comfortable and stable in. This is to ensure that the person is not in a disintegrated state when the typing is being done.

(Reminder: The less information that you have about a person, the more difficult it will be to accurately type them.)

Basically, typing with enneagram and mbti combined is easier than the two seperate. Because human personality is so complex, using a combination of typing systems makes it easier to come to a solid conclusion.
    Last edited by TheCheeseBurgerKing; 03-04-2014 at 03:56 PM.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

+1 good points I think

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by collierm48 View Post
    That is that when you type yourself/someone else, that person should be in an environment that they find themself to be comfortable and stable in. This is to ensure that the person is not in a disintegrated state when the typing is being done
    What do you do to type someone if there is no such environment available?

MBTI
    ENfp
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Screwed?

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Screwed?
    Lol ok

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I have been interested in/involuntarily thinking about MBTI for near two years now and have come up with one big thing that makes the typing of an individual much easier.

There is one additional rule that I have found to typing yourself that I think is very important and that I think should be noted:

That is that when you type yourself/someone else, that person should be in an environment that they find themself to be comfortable and stable in. This is to ensure that the person is not in a disintegrated state when the typing is being done.

Basically, typing with enneagram and mbti combined is easier than the two seperate. Because human personality is so complex, using a combination of typing systems makes it easier to come to a solid conclusion.
    I mostly agree with this, except maybe for typing introversion/extraversion. One of my best friends is an ISFJ, hardcore introvert. But, we've been best friends for nearly 8 years so around me she is generally fairly loud and inhibited. I asked one of my friends to guess her type after meeting her a few times, both times I was present in our small group and she would have sworn my friend was an ESFJ.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ISTP

If someone tries to type someone whille they are in this kind of environment, they will have a strong chance of some degree of mistype whether they realize it at the time.

It will probably cause them to be unsure and waivering about their type.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I mostly agree with this, except maybe for typing introversion/extraversion. One of my best friends is an ISFJ, hardcore introvert. But, we've been best friends for nearly 8 years so around me she is generally fairly loud and inhibited. I asked one of my friends to guess her type after meeting her a few times, both times I was present in our small group and she would have sworn my friend was an ESFJ.

You are kind of missing the point.

What I mean is that the proper typing would be able to be made. I'm not saying that any old fool would be able to type them correctly.

Your friend and you know the way that she typically is. The outsider who says esfj does not have all the information when she goes for a typing.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

If someone tries to type someone whille they are in this kind of environment, they will have a strong chance of some degree of mistype whether they realize it at the time.

It will probably cause them to be unsure and waivering about their type.
    Well I can't say I'm in the best possible environment. Bet it does influence my typing.

You are kind of missing the point.

What I mean is that the proper typing would be able to be made. I'm not saying that any old fool would be able to type them correctly.

Your friend and you know the way that she typically is. The outsider who says esfj does not have all the information when she goes for a typing.
    So your original post needs to be fixed: the person to be typed shouldn't just be in a comfortable environment but the typer should have a lot of information on the typee as well.

MBTI
    ISTP

So your original post needs to be fixed: the person to be typed shouldn't just be in a comfortable environment but the typer should have a lot of information on the typee as well.
    That really seems like a given to me. Kind of like saying, make sure you have all of the information before you solve a math problem.