• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I have found this to be the best way of typing someone/yourself

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I have been interested in/involuntarily thinking about MBTI for near two years now and have come up with one big thing that makes the typing of an individual much easier.

There is one additional rule that I have found to typing yourself that I think is very important and that I think should be noted:

That is that when you type yourself/someone else, that person should be in an environment that they find themself to be comfortable and stable in. This is to ensure that the person is not in a disintegrated state when the typing is being done.

(Reminder: The less information that you have about a person, the more difficult it will be to accurately type them.)

Basically, typing with enneagram and mbti combined is easier than the two seperate. Because human personality is so complex, using a combination of typing systems makes it easier to come to a solid conclusion.

Last edited:

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
+1 good points I think

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is that when you type yourself/someone else, that person should be in an environment that they find themself to be comfortable and stable in. This is to ensure that the person is not in a disintegrated state when the typing is being done

What do you do to type someone if there is no such environment available?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have been interested in/involuntarily thinking about MBTI for near two years now and have come up with one big thing that makes the typing of an individual much easier.

There is one additional rule that I have found to typing yourself that I think is very important and that I think should be noted:

That is that when you type yourself/someone else, that person should be in an environment that they find themself to be comfortable and stable in. This is to ensure that the person is not in a disintegrated state when the typing is being done.

Basically, typing with enneagram and mbti combined is easier than the two seperate. Because human personality is so complex, using a combination of typing systems makes it easier to come to a solid conclusion.

I mostly agree with this, except maybe for typing introversion/extraversion. One of my best friends is an ISFJ, hardcore introvert. But, we've been best friends for nearly 8 years so around me she is generally fairly loud and inhibited. I asked one of my friends to guess her type after meeting her a few times, both times I was present in our small group and she would have sworn my friend was an ESFJ.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
What do you do to type someone if there is no such environment available?

If someone tries to type someone whille they are in this kind of environment, they will have a strong chance of some degree of mistype whether they realize it at the time.

It will probably cause them to be unsure and waivering about their type.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I mostly agree with this, except maybe for typing introversion/extraversion. One of my best friends is an ISFJ, hardcore introvert. But, we've been best friends for nearly 8 years so around me she is generally fairly loud and inhibited. I asked one of my friends to guess her type after meeting her a few times, both times I was present in our small group and she would have sworn my friend was an ESFJ.

You are kind of missing the point.

What I mean is that the proper typing would be able to be made. I'm not saying that any old fool would be able to type them correctly.

Your friend and you know the way that she typically is. The outsider who says esfj does not have all the information when she goes for a typing.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If someone tries to type someone whille they are in this kind of environment, they will have a strong chance of some degree of mistype whether they realize it at the time.

It will probably cause them to be unsure and waivering about their type.

Well I can't say I'm in the best possible environment. Bet it does influence my typing.

You are kind of missing the point.

What I mean is that the proper typing would be able to be made. I'm not saying that any old fool would be able to type them correctly.

Your friend and you know the way that she typically is. The outsider who says esfj does not have all the information when she goes for a typing.

So your original post needs to be fixed: the person to be typed shouldn't just be in a comfortable environment but the typer should have a lot of information on the typee as well.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
So your original post needs to be fixed: the person to be typed shouldn't just be in a comfortable environment but the typer should have a lot of information on the typee as well.

That really seems like a given to me. Kind of like saying, make sure you have all of the information before you solve a math problem.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That really seems like a given to me. Kind of like saying, make sure you have all of the information before you solve a math problem.

Yeah but it's good to mention it. Btw I do agree that a lot of information is needed.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Yeah but it's good to mention it. Btw I do agree that a lot of information is needed.

There go. I guess another thing would be that the typer should be well experienced and have a lot of knowledge.

More obvious stuff, but of course it's always good to remember.