• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

well ok so my vibe is whatever?? vote for my type :P

What's my type

• ENFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

• ENTP

• ESFJ

• ESTJ

• INFJ

• INTJ

• INTP

• ISFJ

• ISFP

• ISTJ

• Total voters

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wanted to do this anyway :)

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do post reasoning for it if you can.

badger055

Permabanned
[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION]
lol every time I see you trying to figure out your type it drives me mad. 800 posts and still nothing!

Why do you think you're an ESFP? Do you like to perform?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
estp_1.png

That's it - step over to the dark side... There you go! Nicely done. :vader1:

:solidarity:

-Halla74

the resident

MBTI Type
esfj
Enneagram
3w8
Still figuring out your type? What's giving you trouble? Try, uh, to be concise.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION] What do you think is the biggest obstacle that's keeping you from coming to a solid conclusion about your type?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION]
lol every time I see you trying to figure out your type it drives me mad. 800 posts and still nothing!

Why do you think you're an ESFP? Do you like to perform?

Lol ;p A lot of those 800 posts were arguing over shit though :p

As for ESFP... the test was actually one point away from ESTP.

But my love of talking to virtually anyone just for the sake of interaction, is kind of ESFP-ish. I don't do any other kind of "performing" however.

That's it - step over to the dark side... There you go! Nicely done. :vader1:

:solidarity:

-Halla74

Ha-ha good job!... tempted. :smile:

Still figuring out your type? What's giving you trouble? Try, uh, to be concise.

A) Well I have at least two very distinct modes depending on circumstances. You can say it's either an S/N or an I/E issue. With T/F bleeding into it too.

1) IRL usually I'm a non-analytical non-thinking living-in-the-moment person. If I talk to someone, it's also just talking, not analysing. (Also when reading easy fiction books.)

2) In writing or if reading non-fiction, or when dealing with certain interests of mine, I will easily be much more analytical and possibly even nitpicking and annoying lol. It's like I'm automatically focused on totally different things then.

(Of course this is the general trend, I can also be 2) in IRL situations or 1) in online situations.)

B) There's a T/F divide as well.

1) As I said above I can be really analytical and argumentative. But only if the circumstances are favourable for this mindset.

2) Otoh I sometimes give very F-like reasoning for things. I cannot identify with the "robotic mind" idea and I actually find the idea of being like that unpleasant. Like, too detached and too unemotional.

Concise enough? Thoughts?

& See the stuff below as well, if you want

[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION] What do you think is the biggest obstacle that's keeping you from coming to a solid conclusion about your type?

Hard to see if I truly have some sort of default mode of being. I have the same thing with enneagram (the 7 vs 8 thing there).

For example, Jung talks about this differentiation thing, I could see it applied to Ti but then if I consider my life I see that the scope of Ti usage is limited to specific interests and specific circumstances as well. Unless it's just that I'm not as aware of using Ti in most cases. Sometimes people point out things that are Ti-ish and I didn't notice it myself.

Or about Se, I have tested as ESxP a few times but I'm kind of bored with many S things, how to say it, I only care about more refined stuff. Like, very ordinary life situations stopped being interesting to me and I just size up such situations in the fraction of a second and then be bored/disinterested with it if the result of sizing it up is not er, favourable. I can however be into more "special" S stuff very much.

I have considered the scope of Ni and Te as well but I'm not quite sure on those.

& See the above reply too

Alea_iacta_est

Based on the way [MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION] picks apart arguments and requires fine tuning on nearly everything, Ji is aux. or dom, most likely Ti.

Then it's a question of Pe. (I still vote Ne)

the resident

MBTI Type
esfj
Enneagram
3w8
Lol ;p A lot of those 800 posts were arguing over shit though :p

As for ESFP... the test was actually one point away from ESTP.

But my love of talking to virtually anyone just for the sake of interaction, is kind of ESFP-ish. I don't do any other kind of "performing" however.

Ha-ha good job!... tempted. :smile:

A) Well I have at least two very distinct modes depending on circumstances. You can say it's either an S/N or an I/E issue. With T/F bleeding into it too.

1) IRL usually I'm a non-analytical non-thinking living-in-the-moment person. If I talk to someone, it's also just talking, not analysing. (Also when reading easy fiction books.)

2) In writing or if reading non-fiction, or when dealing with certain interests of mine, I will easily be much more analytical and possibly even nitpicking and annoying lol. It's like I'm automatically focused on totally different things then.

(Of course this is the general trend, I can also be 2) in IRL situations or 1) in online situations.)

B) There's a T/F divide as well.

1) As I said above I can be really analytical and argumentative. But only if the circumstances are favourable for this mindset.

2) Otoh I sometimes give very F-like reasoning for things. I cannot identify with the "robotic mind" idea and I actually find the idea of being like that unpleasant. Like, too detached and too unemotional.

Concise enough? Thoughts?

& See the stuff below as well, if you want

Hard to see if I truly have some sort of default mode of being. I have the same thing with enneagram (the 7 vs 8 thing there).

For example, Jung talks about this differentiation thing, I could see it applied to Ti but then if I consider my life I see that the scope of Ti usage is limited to specific interests and specific circumstances as well. Unless it's just that I'm not as aware of using Ti in most cases. Sometimes people point out things that are Ti-ish and I didn't notice it myself.

Or about Se, I have tested as ESxP a few times but I'm kind of bored with many S things, how to say it, I only care about more refined stuff. Like, very ordinary life situations stopped being interesting to me and I just size up such situations in the fraction of a second and then be bored/disinterested with it if the result of sizing it up is not er, favourable. I can however be into more "special" S stuff very much.

I have considered the scope of Ni and Te as well but I'm not quite sure on those.

& See the above reply too

ESTP wanna-be ISTP.

Whenever someone spends this much time arguing over their type, they're hiding something.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on the way [MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION] picks apart arguments and requires fine tuning on nearly everything, Ji is aux. or dom, most likely Ti.

Then it's a question of Pe. (I still vote Ne)

Yes that's the analytical nitpicking mode. The strange thing about it though is that I do not do it in every situation.. See as described above.

Why Ne, though?

ESTP wanna-be ISTP.

Whenever someone spends this much time arguing over their type, they're hiding something.

Sry, wait, I didn't understand that one. ISTP that's a wanna-be ESTP, or an ESTP that's a wanna-be ISTP?

When I talked about my 800+ posts, it wasn't about posts arguing over my type, I argue over whatever shit I run into. Not my type much. If you just meant me not deciding on my type then please explain why it must mean 'hiding something'.

the resident

MBTI Type
esfj
Enneagram
3w8
Yes that's the analytical nitpicking mode. The strange thing about it though is that I do not do it in every situation.. See as described above.

Why Ne, though?

Sry, wait, I didn't understand that one. ISTP that's a wanna-be ESTP, or an ESTP that's a wanna-be ISTP?

When I talked about my 800+ posts, it wasn't about posts arguing over my type, I argue over whatever shit I run into. Not my type much. If you just meant me not deciding on my type then please explain why it must mean 'hiding something'.

ESTP that wants to be an ISTP.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
If you're worried about not being emotional enough, there's no way you're a T.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTP that wants to be more ISTP.

Okay thank you for your opinion. How about the other thing?

Btw I actually abhor the thought of being a real true introvert. This now is kind of a F-like reasoning, but this is how I feel about it ;) I cannot give any rational/logical argument as to why I don't like the idea.

The ESTP idea I'm more fine with but I will then still have to resign to seeing myself as an atypical ESTP. And that's where the ISTP idea feels better, feels like it's less of a square peg in a round hole. Except that ISTP is an introvert lol.

Alea_iacta_est

Why Ne, though?

Because of the multiple ways you interpret questions and statements.

In fact, you being confused about the statement "ESTP wanna-be ISTP" as mentioned by [MENTION=20825]the resident[/MENTION], might be a relevant example of this.

Also, a little bit on the Socionics side, if you were ESTP (under the assumption that I am 100% INTJ and not the TiNi or NiTi freak of nature), then we would be semi-duals, and I'm mostly sure that our relation is more akin to Contrary.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I didn't know we get to choose our types!?!

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you're worried about not being emotional enough, there's no way you're a T.

Well how it exactly is; I feel I'm too unemotional sometimes and I would not want to be even more unemotional. Again that's because it to me involves the concept of being too detached. Otoh, the only one emotion that's really strong for me is anger. So as a sum-up, yes I'm detached a lot of the time and I'd sometimes prefer intense emotions to that.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well how it exactly is; I feel I'm too unemotional sometimes and I would not want to be even more unemotional. Again that's because it to me involves the concept of being too detached. Otoh, the only one emotion that's really strong for me is anger. So as a sum-up, yes I'm detached a lot of the time and I'd sometimes prefer intense emotions to that.

I'm having trouble with the 'too detached' part. A T has trouble when they think they're not seeing something objectively enough to see truth. They're satisfied once emotions aren't clouding issues.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because of the multiple ways you interpret questions and statements.

Actually I don't think of specific interpretations in those cases. That would be too much mental work and not only that but I'm usually disinterested in trying to conjure up ideas of interpretations.

What I have is a vague feeling of "shit, this can have several interpretations", it feels too ambiguous to me, and so I ask to clarify. And so I get annoying sometimes with that habit. But I can't stand ambiguous stuff.

Where I can be good with seeing the alternative is when I pick apart an argument by pointing out how it's wrong, that is, pointing out the alternative lol. Though I am usually convinced that this alternative is the correct one. But yes I am good with that, seeing how something is wrong ;)

When I don't know something, then I will ask and I'm not afraid to ask a lot if need to.

In fact, you being confused about the statement "ESTP wanna-be ISTP" as mentioned by [MENTION=20825]the resident[/MENTION], might be a relevant example of this.

Aye relevant in terms of how I hated the ambiguity. My native language is not English so that maybe didn't help.

Also, a little bit on the Socionics side, if you were ESTP (under the assumption that I am 100% INTJ and not the TiNi or NiTi freak of nature), then we would be semi-duals, and I'm mostly sure that our relation is more akin to Contrary.

Oh? I didn't notice any contrariness. I actually thought I was getting along pretty well with you in terms of conversing without too much problem, at least I did not perceive any real problem on my end. I did notice of course that we did not think alike but that to me isn't a problem.

No opinion on semi-duality though.

I didn't know we get to choose our types!?!

Who implied anything like that here? Certainly not me.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm having trouble with the 'too detached' part. A T has trouble when they think they're not seeing something objectively enough to see truth. They're satisfied once emotions aren't clouding issues.

Oh, no, it's not a problem when trying to evaluate something. Though I'm sure I don't always evaluate by logic. It depends on the situation really. I have annoyed people by my logical evaluating before and I have also annoyed other people by using emotional evaluation.

So the problem with detachment is just that I don't always want to be detached and emotionless. But then who does? Only those "robotic" people eh?

Though yes I got comments before from certain people that I appear very dispassionate. Funnily enough when a certain someone said that to me, I was already thinking the same about her :D