First 1234 Last

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Based on the way @valaki picks apart arguments and requires fine tuning on nearly everything, Ji is aux. or dom, most likely Ti.

Then it's a question of Pe. (I still vote Ne)
    Yes that's the analytical nitpicking mode. The strange thing about it though is that I do not do it in every situation.. See as described above.

Why Ne, though?

Quote Originally Posted by the resident View Post
    ESTP wanna-be ISTP.

Whenever someone spends this much time arguing over their type, they're hiding something.
    Sry, wait, I didn't understand that one. ISTP that's a wanna-be ESTP, or an ESTP that's a wanna-be ISTP?

When I talked about my 800+ posts, it wasn't about posts arguing over my type, I argue over whatever shit I run into. Not my type much. If you just meant me not deciding on my type then please explain why it must mean 'hiding something'.

MBTI
    esfj
    Enneagram
    3w8

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Yes that's the analytical nitpicking mode. The strange thing about it though is that I do not do it in every situation.. See as described above.

Why Ne, though?

Sry, wait, I didn't understand that one. ISTP that's a wanna-be ESTP, or an ESTP that's a wanna-be ISTP?

When I talked about my 800+ posts, it wasn't about posts arguing over my type, I argue over whatever shit I run into. Not my type much. If you just meant me not deciding on my type then please explain why it must mean 'hiding something'.
    ESTP that wants to be an ISTP.
    3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

3w2 6w7 8w7

"Verbally adept and a good reader of people and situations, you have the ability to identify unjust authority, rebel against tyranny and verbally spar against it."

"The 368 is very dynamic. This is the toughest fighter on the Enneagram."

The Justice Fighter

3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

If you're worried about not being emotional enough, there's no way you're a T.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by the resident View Post
    ESTP that wants to be more ISTP.
    Okay thank you for your opinion. How about the other thing?

Btw I actually abhor the thought of being a real true introvert. This now is kind of a F-like reasoning, but this is how I feel about it I cannot give any rational/logical argument as to why I don't like the idea.

The ESTP idea I'm more fine with but I will then still have to resign to seeing myself as an atypical ESTP. And that's where the ISTP idea feels better, feels like it's less of a square peg in a round hole. Except that ISTP is an introvert lol.

Socionics
    ILI

Why Ne, though?

Because of the multiple ways you interpret questions and statements.

In fact, you being confused about the statement "ESTP wanna-be ISTP" as mentioned by @the resident, might be a relevant example of this.

Also, a little bit on the Socionics side, if you were ESTP (under the assumption that I am 100% INTJ and not the TiNi or NiTi freak of nature), then we would be semi-duals, and I'm mostly sure that our relation is more akin to Contrary.

MBTI
    ENTP

I didn't know we get to choose our types!?!
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    If you're worried about not being emotional enough, there's no way you're a T.
    Well how it exactly is; I feel I'm too unemotional sometimes and I would not want to be even more unemotional. Again that's because it to me involves the concept of being too detached. Otoh, the only one emotion that's really strong for me is anger. So as a sum-up, yes I'm detached a lot of the time and I'd sometimes prefer intense emotions to that.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well how it exactly is; I feel I'm too unemotional sometimes and I would not want to be even more unemotional. Again that's because it to me involves the concept of being too detached. Otoh, the only one emotion that's really strong for me is anger. So as a sum-up, yes I'm detached a lot of the time and I'd sometimes prefer intense emotions to that.
    I'm having trouble with the 'too detached' part. A T has trouble when they think they're not seeing something objectively enough to see truth. They're satisfied once emotions aren't clouding issues.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Because of the multiple ways you interpret questions and statements.
    Actually I don't think of specific interpretations in those cases. That would be too much mental work and not only that but I'm usually disinterested in trying to conjure up ideas of interpretations.

What I have is a vague feeling of "shit, this can have several interpretations", it feels too ambiguous to me, and so I ask to clarify. And so I get annoying sometimes with that habit. But I can't stand ambiguous stuff.

Where I can be good with seeing the alternative is when I pick apart an argument by pointing out how it's wrong, that is, pointing out the alternative lol. Though I am usually convinced that this alternative is the correct one. But yes I am good with that, seeing how something is wrong

When I don't know something, then I will ask and I'm not afraid to ask a lot if need to.

In fact, you being confused about the statement "ESTP wanna-be ISTP" as mentioned by @the resident, might be a relevant example of this.
    Aye relevant in terms of how I hated the ambiguity. My native language is not English so that maybe didn't help.

Also, a little bit on the Socionics side, if you were ESTP (under the assumption that I am 100% INTJ and not the TiNi or NiTi freak of nature), then we would be semi-duals, and I'm mostly sure that our relation is more akin to Contrary.
    Oh? I didn't notice any contrariness. I actually thought I was getting along pretty well with you in terms of conversing without too much problem, at least I did not perceive any real problem on my end. I did notice of course that we did not think alike but that to me isn't a problem.

No opinion on semi-duality though.

I didn't know we get to choose our types!?!
    Who implied anything like that here? Certainly not me.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I'm having trouble with the 'too detached' part. A T has trouble when they think they're not seeing something objectively enough to see truth. They're satisfied once emotions aren't clouding issues.
    Oh, no, it's not a problem when trying to evaluate something. Though I'm sure I don't always evaluate by logic. It depends on the situation really. I have annoyed people by my logical evaluating before and I have also annoyed other people by using emotional evaluation.

So the problem with detachment is just that I don't always want to be detached and emotionless. But then who does? Only those "robotic" people eh?

Though yes I got comments before from certain people that I appear very dispassionate. Funnily enough when a certain someone said that to me, I was already thinking the same about her