• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unsure about my enneatype

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was pretty sure that my type was 4w5 sp/sx, but I've been questioning that lately. Right now I think 4w5 is the most possible for my core type, but I'm considering 4w3 as well and I'm unsure of my tritype. I keep testing differently on various tests though. I usually get type 4, but I took one recently which tested full tritype, and it put me as 5w4>4w5>1w2. 4w5 and 1w2 fit but I really don't think 5 fits at all. I'm having trouble figuring out my instinctual variants as well. I feel like I identify with all of them almost equally. One test I took said I was sx/so/sp, while the other said I was sp/sx/so.

Any ideas on how to figure this all out would be appreciated.

Cygnus

4w3 or 1w2 is my guess. INFJs internally feel as if they're very extroverted even though they're not.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4w3 or 1w2 is my guess. INFJs internally feel as if they're very extroverted even though they're not.

Yes, I've always felt that others perceived me as very extroverted. I'm definitely not though.

In what ways does a 4w3 differ from a 4w5? I definitely think I have 1w2 in my tritype somewhere (maybe my second type?) but I don't think it's my first.

What is it about five that doesnt fit?
Well, I've never really thought of myself as being particularly intellectual. I think I'm a lot more emotional and less logical, but maybe that's just because I'm an INFJ. Sometimes I think that I'm more logical than a lot of feeler types, but I also hear that INFJs are like that sometimes. It seems almost contradictory to me that a feeler could be a 5, even though I know it happens.
I also don't think the basic fear and key motivations of E5 are true for me for the most part.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wouldn't take the tritype test too seriously, there's so much overlapping information that goes into that. If you have a core type whose wing bleeds over into a different triad, it could easily influence the answer for the other triad. For your wing, a 4w5 should have nuances of solitude, iconoclasm, running against the grain, information focus. A 4w3 should have nuances of need for perfection, performing, style, image awareness. I always thought 4w5 fit you well, personally. It seems fairly consistent for IxFJs to be more logical than the other F types, I assume because of the Ti/purest T component.

As for instinct variant, my favorite description I've ever read was one that likened the instincts to potential (Sp), mechanical (Soc), and chemical (Sx) energy. Sp types have a heightened ability to see potential energy, with their resource focus. They are concerned about whether they themselves or others have the ability to do what they need and want to do, whether they have enough resources (be that energy, time, money, strength, attractivenes etc) to do whatever. Soc types have a heightened ability to see mechanical energy: how everything fits together, and which gears are turning which other gears. It's all about seeing where interactions exist between things, usually interactions between people and other people but sometimes also interactions between people and environment. It's seeing how one action in one place affects everything else. Finally, Sx types have a heightened ability to see chemical energy: the intensity, strength, level, and character of relations between things. They register closeness, commonality, attraction, passion, energy. So then to extend that into the stackings:

Sp/So - Focus on resource ability, how interaction impacts resources. They're generally direct and casual but naturally respectful of others. Primarily concerned with self-needs, but low-key goodwill and harmony towards others. Ideal of self living comfortably in concert with others, with everyone taking care of their personal needs and using society to help each other synergistically fulfill their needs. Building intimacy through trust over time.

Sp/Sx - Focus on resource ability, how intensity of bonds impacts resources. A darker and more insulated energy. Also primarily concerned with self-needs but also significant concern about attractiveness to others and ability to bond with others. Wanting to let someone else important into their world but being concerned if they can maintain their security and comfort if they let someone else in. Intimacy tends to come in little bursts, can be push/pull because of the fear of letting the person in.

So/Sp - Focus on interaction, how resources impact interaction. Perhaps the most formal and business-like of all the instincts. A desire to keep things well-oiled on the social/mechanical level, focus on using their personal needs and upkeep to assist them in interacting smoothly and positively. Often fairly private and tend to keep intense personal concerns to themselves. Let people in very slowly, but very attached once they're in.

So/Sx - Focus on interaction, how intensity of bonds impacts interaction. Open and engaging, seeking bonding in every interaction, seeking low-level chemical sparking across many mechanical interactions. "Fairy dust" interaction quality, little sparks everywhere but only sustaining them with a few intimates. Makes me think of Pop Rocks, that fizzy candy. Fairly quick intimacy but slower integration of intimate relationship and personal world.

Sx/So - Focus on intense relating, how interaction impacts relating. Also socially engaging but less flitting from person to person and more staying with certain people and more exuding energy. The Warhead (you know those really intense sour hard candies?) equivalent to So/Sx's Pop Rocks, I figure. Still appealing, fun, sweet, but really intense. Tends to rev up groups, lots of pushing forward, can personally become symbolic of a cause. Quick intimacy, laser focus on object of affection.

Sx/Sp - Focus on intense relating, how resources impact relating. How resources can be used to gain or improve intense bonding, amassing resources to be free to act in the Sexual realm. Seek merging and ideal, tendency to be all-or-nothing, deepest level of bonding. Intense, restless, seeking, but holds back a little. Private externally, just glimpses into what really moves them. Quick intimacy but also some push-pull as in sp/sx.

Hopefully that's helpful, anyone is welcome to let me know if they feel I've misrepresented the instincts, that's generally just all going off what I've integrated into my understanding.