User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: My Temperament?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Yeah, not trying to butt in or sound like a bitch but I don't think diagnosing @EJCC's temperament based on how you think the 16 types fit into the temperaments as a whole. I don't think being one type in MBTI (in this case, ESTJ) necessarily proves that you're a certain temperament (in this case, pure Choleric) in the Four Humors.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Thoughts? :/
    You know, I feel like I have a lot of people I need to apologize to for being inattentive lately. I see my name being mentioned in places but I just can't work up the effort to reply properly a lot of the time. Don't know what's caught me right now but I'd just like to say it's nothing personal, I'm just a lazy bum. Sorry to leave some of you guys hanging! I know @Starry is one of them. I don't mean to mistreat you.

Anyway, I can see why you'd think you'd be Choleric (any ETJ would really ). I'm not too well-immersed in this theory so don't take what I say too seriously but the only Choleric traits I seem to see in you are being task-oriented, ambitious, leader-like, and respectable. But, from my personal experience with you, the qualities of yours that seem most prominent to me are being calm, patient, peaceful (you know, that whole soft and welcoming vibe that comes with being so/sx like @skylights), and reasonable. I'm friends with an ESFJ 1w2 sx/so who's probably Choleric-Sanguine and she's much more quicker to snap on you, more impatient, and definitely less peaceful - she really has little regard for her own sense of peace. Comparing you two, I definitely see more Phlegmatic in you.

Again, not very well-researched on this theory besides the basics so that's my view.

But I think it's nice to note that I think confusion between Choleric (hot and dry) and Phlegmatic (cold and wet) would probably be a good thing, because it could indicate balance in yourself as an individual. I think that was kind of the goals of this whole thing right? To try to not be exclusive to hot/cold or wet/dry and find balance in yourself (and your diet, I think - I got more info on this from my History & Culture of Food class).

I'm totally Sanguine it's not even funny.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Thoughts? :/
    It is hard. I am not that familiar with the system and it seems pretty vague. Choleric/melancholic. I see melancholic more. A sprinkling of sanguine. A liberal sprinkling. Phlegmatic? You have a kind of coolness, but it isn't aloof like a phlegmatic.

Bounce something back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Yeah, not trying to butt in or sound like a bitch but I don't think diagnosing @EJCC's temperament based on how you think the 16 types fit into the temperaments as a whole. I don't think being one type in MBTI (in this case, ESTJ) necessarily proves that you're a certain temperament (in this case, pure Choleric) in the Four Humors.
    That's not what I meant. What I meant was, the traditional SP-SJ-NF-NT dichotomy is flawed. An individual ESTJ could be a Phlegmatic-Sanguine, but ESTJs as a whole are pure Choleric. INTJs are totally Melancholic. And there's nothing Choleric about NT.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Your temperament... hm... I'd say sassy-sweet...
    lol +1

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@Chanaynay

No problem at all!

Thanks for your input -- all of that makes sense and resonates with me. Makes me empathize with people who have a really hard time choosing an MBTI type -- I see myself in every temperament. I think I'd have buyers remorse with anything I chose!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It is hard. I am not that familiar with the system and it seems pretty vague. Choleric/melancholic. I see melancholic more. A sprinkling of sanguine. A liberal sprinkling. Phlegmatic? You have a kind of coolness, but it isn't aloof like a phlegmatic.

Bounce something back.
    Thanks for your input! Here's my attempt to bounce something back:

1) Choleric I relate to pretty much where it overlaps with being a Te-dom, but I'm not domineering and I don't need to control everyone/be their boss. I care too much about things being done right, to put myself in leadership positions I'm not qualified for.
    2) I relate to Melancholy in part because of my above reasoning. A lot of it sounds like type 1. There are a lot of Melancholy/Choleric things I relate to. I relate 100% to Melancholy in Control.
    3) I relate to Sanguine in ways that overlap with having a 7 trifix and being heavily 7 integrated (postive, friendly, optimistic)
    4) I relate to the coolness and easygoing nature of Phlegmatic, but I think I react more to things. I'm easily irritated, and I don't always respond well to criticism. (Plus: people-pleaser.)
    5) No idea about Supine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    That's not what I meant. What I meant was, the traditional SP-SJ-NF-NT dichotomy is flawed. An individual ESTJ could be a Phlegmatic-Sanguine, but ESTJs as a whole are pure Choleric. INTJs are totally Melancholic. And there's nothing Choleric about NT.
    So you're trying to fit the MBTI types into the temperament boxes?

I agree -- your style here is problematic. Each system addresses different things-- I'd say the systems interact like a Venn diagram.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

1) Choleric I relate to pretty much where it overlaps with being a Te-dom, but I'm not domineering and I don't need to control everyone/be their boss. I care too much about things being done right, to put myself in leadership positions I'm not qualified for.
    2) I relate to Melancholy in part because of my above reasoning. A lot of it sounds like type 1. There are a lot of Melancholy/Choleric things I relate to. I relate 100% to Melancholy in Control.
    3) I relate to Sanguine in ways that overlap with having a 7 trifix and being heavily 7 integrated (postive, friendly, optimistic)
    4) I relate to the coolness and easygoing nature of Phlegmatic, but I think I react more to things. I'm easily irritated, and I don't always respond well to criticism. (Plus: people-pleaser.)
    5) No idea about Supine.
    I don't see Supine.
    You need to be more aloof to be phlegmatic I think.
    I type myself as SanPhleg or PhlegSan for reference. I can't remember which.
    You are not sanguine. You are not phlegmatic.
    You are not me.
    Therefore you must be some combination of Choleric and Melancholic.
    Within the limits of this system.
    All systems have their limitations.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Could you elaborate a bit? Why did you choose those three, in that order?
    Your are sick a lot, you have allergies that would likely cause phlegm, and you seem to like to be on your back. :P
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I don't see Supine.
    You need to be more aloof to be phlegmatic I think.
    I type myself as SanPhleg or PhlegSan for reference. I can't remember which.
    You are not sanguine. You are not phlegmatic.
    You are not me.
    Therefore you must be some combination of Choleric and Melancholic.
    Within the limits of this system.
    All systems have their limitations.
    Makes sense. Maybe I'm just a really, really balanced Melancholic/Choleric
    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Your are sick a lot, you have allergies that would likely cause phlegm, and you seem to like to be on your back. :P
    Helpful. Thank you.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

garbage

Always seemed Sanguine-ish (though not pure) to me, but I don't really know anything

@Chanaynay
    So you're trying to fit the MBTI types into the temperament boxes?

I agree -- your style here is problematic. Each system addresses different things-- I'd say the systems interact like a Venn diagram.
    "Inclusion," "Control" and "Affection" are all terms you'd see in the SP-SJ-NF-NT nomenclature for putting primary temperaments (ESF/ENP-EST/ENJ-ISF/INP-IST/INJ) and secondaries (SP-SJ-NF-NT) into temperaments.

And if you look at the history of the four humors, "Choleric" and "Melancholic" used to just mean you were neurotic, hence the "domineering" and "manipulative" you don't identify with.