• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type my roommate based on behaviors i've observed

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just for fun and mental exercise. :D I always thought he was an INFJ.

• He's very self-contained and soft-spoken.
  • He's friendly when interacting with others, but he doesn't speak unless spoken to. He tends to be quiet a majority of the time in group interaction.
  • He's very family-oriented and values his roots (he talks to his mom/cousin every day on the phone and has pictures of his hometown on the wall).
  • He tries taking on the interaction style of the person he's interacting with, although it ends up being a more contained and low-energy version if the person is more energetic.
  • He'd rather go to the city on his own than with new people.
  • Although he usually is more in the background when he's in a group, he gossips a lot about what he learned when he's on the phone.
  • When he warms up to you, he shows his affection by pushing back more than usual (ex: calling you "shit-head" or saying "oh my god" in a sassy way).
  • He doesn't really buy groceries for the room; he just goes out to get meals most of the time.
  • He's usually pretty good at finding things to complain about - people, the school, what happened to him, etc.
  • He has a habit of cursing under his breath when he's just going about in the room. "Fucking bitch," "shit," etc.
  • He says he doesn't mind that I Skype with my friends in the room at night. I thought that he just slept through it, but he told my mom he knows I'm up until like 5 AM sometimes.
  • He's not a generally happy person.
  • He's neat and moderately organized. According to his mom, he can get really stressed a lot.
  • Even though he doesn't have trouble meeting new people, he's not very concerned or focused on maintaining the friendship or building on it.
  • His energy is generally steady and slow, but when he's interacting with people it becomes a little more nervous or anxious.
  • He doesn't seem entirely sure what he wants out of life - he wants to transfer to either Pace (because it's actually in the city) or a school in Vermont (because it's close to home). He's interesting in fashion and talks about modeling but says he's thinking about an English or Art History major.

All I got for now. :shrug:

Alea_iacta_est

Definitely Fe aux, there is overwhelming evidence for the presence of an introverted perception function in the dominant slot and there is evidence of clear usage of Fe. I lean Ni > Si, so INFJ.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Definitely Fe aux, there is overwhelming evidence for the presence of an introverted perception function in the dominant slot and there is evidence of clear usage of Fe. I lean Ni > Si, so INFJ.

Thoughts about e-gram?

Alea_iacta_est

Thoughts about e-gram?

Well from what I've gathered, it seems his first two coping mechanisms are Withdrawn and Assertive (90% likely Withdrawn before Assertive)

That leaves us with Types 4, 5, and 9. From what you've said about his matching of interaction styles with others, that sounds very 9-ish (does he have a sense for who he is and what he is doing in life? Nines often don't know that much about themselves and are lacking in the self-awareness department). Perhaps 9w8 with most likely a 7 fix. I think tritype-wise he is a 974.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well from what I've gathered, it seems his first two coping mechanisms are Withdrawn and Assertive (90% likely Withdrawn before Assertive)

That leaves us with Types 4, 5, and 9. From what you've said about his matching of interaction styles with others, that sounds very 9-ish (does he have a sense for who he is and what he is doing in life? Nines often don't know that much about themselves and are lacking in the self-awareness department). Perhaps 9w8 with most likely a 7 fix. I think tritype-wise he is a 974.

Merrh, he doesn't seem really positive outlook enough for me to see him with two of them in his tritype. :thinking: I always thought the 469 tritype seemed like him. I agree that 9 could make sense though.

Alea_iacta_est

Merrh, he doesn't seem really positive outlook enough for me to see him with two of them in his tritype. :thinking: I always thought the 469 tritype seemed like him. I agree that 9 could make sense though.

Well he definitely has an assertive fix in there somewhere, and those are types 3,7, and 8 (though cp6 can sometimes seem assertive but that is simply a disguise for compliance with the Super-Ego)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well he definitely has an assertive fix in there somewhere, and those are types 3,7, and 8 (though cp6 can sometimes seem assertive but that is simply a disguise for compliance with the Super-Ego)

Why do you think he has an assertive fix? Hmm, maybe he's sx-last so he seems not as 7 to me? I dunno, I guess his indecisiveness with not knowing what he wants out of life and wanting to try a lot of things seems 7-ish. But in reality he actually doesn't do that much - maybe that's just the whole "taming the flame" aspect of being sx-last. If he were sx-last, so/sp?

Alea_iacta_est

Why do you think he has an assertive fix? Hmm, maybe he's sx-last so he seems not as 7 to me? I dunno, I guess his indecisiveness with not knowing what he wants out of life and wanting to try a lot of things seems 7-ish. But in reality he actually doesn't do that much - maybe that's just the whole "taming the flame" aspect of being sx-last. If he were sx-last, so/sp?

The "warming up" you describe, cursing under his breath (forced release of negative emotion to where others will most likely hear it), matching up with others' energy style (there was a thread about this concerning types 3 and 8). For 7 specifically, you mention how he has a nervous, anxious energy when interacting with others sometimes, which might be indicative of a subordinate 7 fix underneath an introverted dominant 9 fix. I'm not sure on instinctual variants.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I could see INFJ or ISFJ. Interesting talk above re: 7 and 3 in trifix, because I have both 7 and 3 in my tritype and relate to how your roommate warms up to people and mirrors them/how he pushes back when he knows a person better.

As for instinctual variants... sx-last?