User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,150

    Default type my roommate based on behaviors i've observed

    Just for fun and mental exercise. I always thought he was an INFJ.

    • He's very self-contained and soft-spoken.
    • He's friendly when interacting with others, but he doesn't speak unless spoken to. He tends to be quiet a majority of the time in group interaction.
    • He's very family-oriented and values his roots (he talks to his mom/cousin every day on the phone and has pictures of his hometown on the wall).
    • He tries taking on the interaction style of the person he's interacting with, although it ends up being a more contained and low-energy version if the person is more energetic.
    • He'd rather go to the city on his own than with new people.
    • Although he usually is more in the background when he's in a group, he gossips a lot about what he learned when he's on the phone.
    • When he warms up to you, he shows his affection by pushing back more than usual (ex: calling you "shit-head" or saying "oh my god" in a sassy way).
    • He doesn't really buy groceries for the room; he just goes out to get meals most of the time.
    • He's usually pretty good at finding things to complain about - people, the school, what happened to him, etc.
    • He has a habit of cursing under his breath when he's just going about in the room. "Fucking bitch," "shit," etc.
    • He says he doesn't mind that I Skype with my friends in the room at night. I thought that he just slept through it, but he told my mom he knows I'm up until like 5 AM sometimes.
    • He's not a generally happy person.
    • He's neat and moderately organized. According to his mom, he can get really stressed a lot.
    • Even though he doesn't have trouble meeting new people, he's not very concerned or focused on maintaining the friendship or building on it.
    • His energy is generally steady and slow, but when he's interacting with people it becomes a little more nervous or anxious.
    • He doesn't seem entirely sure what he wants out of life - he wants to transfer to either Pace (because it's actually in the city) or a school in Vermont (because it's close to home). He's interesting in fashion and talks about modeling but says he's thinking about an English or Art History major.


    All I got for now.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  2. #2
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Definitely Fe aux, there is overwhelming evidence for the presence of an introverted perception function in the dominant slot and there is evidence of clear usage of Fe. I lean Ni > Si, so INFJ.

  3. #3
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Definitely Fe aux, there is overwhelming evidence for the presence of an introverted perception function in the dominant slot and there is evidence of clear usage of Fe. I lean Ni > Si, so INFJ.
    Thoughts about e-gram?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  4. #4
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Thoughts about e-gram?
    Well from what I've gathered, it seems his first two coping mechanisms are Withdrawn and Assertive (90% likely Withdrawn before Assertive)

    That leaves us with Types 4, 5, and 9. From what you've said about his matching of interaction styles with others, that sounds very 9-ish (does he have a sense for who he is and what he is doing in life? Nines often don't know that much about themselves and are lacking in the self-awareness department). Perhaps 9w8 with most likely a 7 fix. I think tritype-wise he is a 974.

  5. #5
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Well from what I've gathered, it seems his first two coping mechanisms are Withdrawn and Assertive (90% likely Withdrawn before Assertive)

    That leaves us with Types 4, 5, and 9. From what you've said about his matching of interaction styles with others, that sounds very 9-ish (does he have a sense for who he is and what he is doing in life? Nines often don't know that much about themselves and are lacking in the self-awareness department). Perhaps 9w8 with most likely a 7 fix. I think tritype-wise he is a 974.
    Merrh, he doesn't seem really positive outlook enough for me to see him with two of them in his tritype. I always thought the 469 tritype seemed like him. I agree that 9 could make sense though.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  6. #6
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Merrh, he doesn't seem really positive outlook enough for me to see him with two of them in his tritype. I always thought the 469 tritype seemed like him. I agree that 9 could make sense though.
    Well he definitely has an assertive fix in there somewhere, and those are types 3,7, and 8 (though cp6 can sometimes seem assertive but that is simply a disguise for compliance with the Super-Ego)

  7. #7
    climb on Showbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Perhaps 9w8 with most likely a 7 fix. I think tritype-wise he is a 974.
    Took the words right out of my mouth/keyboard.
    Friends, waffles, work

    "The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

    3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*


  8. #8
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Well he definitely has an assertive fix in there somewhere, and those are types 3,7, and 8 (though cp6 can sometimes seem assertive but that is simply a disguise for compliance with the Super-Ego)
    Why do you think he has an assertive fix? Hmm, maybe he's sx-last so he seems not as 7 to me? I dunno, I guess his indecisiveness with not knowing what he wants out of life and wanting to try a lot of things seems 7-ish. But in reality he actually doesn't do that much - maybe that's just the whole "taming the flame" aspect of being sx-last. If he were sx-last, so/sp?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  9. #9
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Why do you think he has an assertive fix? Hmm, maybe he's sx-last so he seems not as 7 to me? I dunno, I guess his indecisiveness with not knowing what he wants out of life and wanting to try a lot of things seems 7-ish. But in reality he actually doesn't do that much - maybe that's just the whole "taming the flame" aspect of being sx-last. If he were sx-last, so/sp?
    The "warming up" you describe, cursing under his breath (forced release of negative emotion to where others will most likely hear it), matching up with others' energy style (there was a thread about this concerning types 3 and 8). For 7 specifically, you mention how he has a nervous, anxious energy when interacting with others sometimes, which might be indicative of a subordinate 7 fix underneath an introverted dominant 9 fix. I'm not sure on instinctual variants.

  10. #10
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,428

    Default

    I could see INFJ or ISFJ. Interesting talk above re: 7 and 3 in trifix, because I have both 7 and 3 in my tritype and relate to how your roommate warms up to people and mirrors them/how he pushes back when he knows a person better.

    As for instinctual variants... sx-last?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Similar Threads

  1. My Etype based on Limited Questions, whaddaya think?
    By brainheart in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2011, 09:45 PM
  2. TYPE my friend based on her blog entry
    By eldarwen in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 02:15 AM
  3. Type my roommate.
    By InfiniteIntrigue in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 12:35 AM
  4. Type my roommate
    By sofmarhof in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 07:52 PM
  5. Type my roommates!
    By Firelie in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO