• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I a 4 or a 6?

L

LadyLazarus

Alright,so I'm starting to question whether I'm really a four or if I just want to be a four,because I want to be special and misunderstood or whatever.

I usually test as a 4w5,but that doesn't tell me much as I understand online tests are inaccurate,I fear I may just be lying to myself sub-consciously or something,or maybe I really have no idea who I am.Either way,I want to know which one I am,as the enneagram is a tool for self discovery and growth,and possibly lying to myself just defeats the purpose of it all.

Anyways,weird rant aside,I am pretty confident my tritype is some variant of 4-6-8,with the eight in last.

That being said,I relate to both 4 and 6 pretty well.

In regards to 4 I relate to their feelings of shame,of being defective,their romanticism,being aware of their own emotions,as well as their integration and disintegration points.When I was younger I always felt that I wasn't like my peers,like I was fucked up in some way that made me awkward,and inept in comparison.I think this was due to my being very sensitive from an early age,in tandem with being rejected by certain people early on,I've never truly been able to get over/cope with that.Whereas before I felt I was defective,now I have come to accept myself for what I am,and understand that there's nothing wrong with me,it's just the way I am.

The only thing I don't relate to is 4's aversion to conflict,but maybe that's just because of my tritype.

Now for 6.I relate to 6's need to face their fears;I have to come to suspect that I have a bit of social anxiety,people have always made me extremely nervous and I really detest talking to strangers.Once more,going back to my younger days,I used to go to great lengths to avoid having to interact with people(ie. skipping school,ditching class)for fear that they would notice my anxiety,therefore I would run away from my fears.As I have grown,I've learned to enjoy pushing myself to do things I am afraid of such as interacting with people when necessary,I've learned to hide my anxiety mildly well,and appear relatively at ease,although I still haven't figured out how to stop myself from blushing when someone catches me off-guard,haha.All in all,I like pushing myself to do things I don't want to/am afraid of,I see them as a challenge or a chance to improve myself.
However,I do not relate to 6's loyalist,rule abiding nature,but that may be because I'm an Sx first?I also do not relate to it's disintegration point for certain,and I'm pretty sure I don't relate to it's integration point very well either.

I apologize for my rambling,and would appreciate anyone's input on which one they think I am,based on this of course.

á´…eparted

passages
Alright,so I'm starting to question whether I'm really a four or if I just want to be a four,because I want to be special and misunderstood or whatever.

This is classic 4.

I'm fairly certain 4 is your main type. 6 is simply part of your tritype.

L

LadyLazarus

This is classic 4.

Yes,it is indeed possible that it's just my 6-fix.
Also,really?I always assumed most 4's where so dead set on being 4's they wouldn't entertain any other possibilities.
Thank you for your input.:)

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is classic 4.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more?

á´…eparted

passages
Also,really?I always assumed most 4's where so set dead on being 4's they wouldn't entertain any other possibilities.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more?

Wanting to be special and important, is almost too stereotypicaly E4. I actually laughed a little when I first read it. Even if one is questioning it, the way you said it makes it seem like a really essential and core drive. Thus, 4.

L

LadyLazarus

Wanting to be special and important, is almost too stereotypicaly E4. I actually laughed a little when I first read it. Even if one is questioning it, the way you said it makes it seem like a really essential and core drive. Thus, 4.

Wow, you got all that from what I said?Impressive.
I was actually secretly hoping a little that I'd be a 6 since 4's are a dime a dozen around here...
Anyway,thanks for the reassurance.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was actually secretly hoping a little that I'd be a 6 since 4's are a dime a dozen around here...

'nother classic 4 statement. :p

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Also,really?I always assumed most 4's where so set dead on being 4's they wouldn't entertain any other possibilities.

I don't know. Whenever I typed as a 4, I was outraged/pissed. The descriptions seemed like a conglomeration of faults. I tried to convince myself that I was a 6 or 9 but I knew I was a 4. I've now made peace with it.

:)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your language sounds much more 4 than 6 to me. 4 is more oriented to internal experience and aesthetics, while 6 is more oriented to defense and thought process.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just being devil's advocate here, but 6s tend to seek reassurance like this

About your original post, most 6s tend to alternate between trusting and mistrusting authority.

L

LadyLazarus

Just being devil's advocate here, but 6s tend to seek reassurance like this

About your original post, most 6s tend to alternate between trusting and mistrusting authority.

Interesting...yes I've heard that,I think it's especially applicable towards Sx 6's,as I've heard they are the most rebellious 6(*hopes rising*).
Although I actually,naturally have a mistrust/lack of respect for authority,I always assume power to bring out the worst in others.:dry:
Overall,I've never been inclined to trust my elders/authority figures,they're all human,and all humans are corrupt/capable of corruption.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What you describe sounds like the type 4 concerns are what the 6 traits grew out of, making the former the core. It's no surprise if someone who feels fundamentally unlike their peers experiences social anxiety.

Ha, I so did this. The question didn't last long.

The only thing I don't relate to is 4's aversion to conflict,but maybe that's just because of my tritype.
I see few 4s if any who relate to it on this site. To be cliche as fuck, I feel sometimes like I'm the only one who does...and yet, that's in a "yes and no" way. ;)

L

LadyLazarus

I don't know. Whenever I typed as a 4, I was outraged/pissed. The descriptions seemed like a conglomeration of faults. I tried to convince myself that I was a 6 or 9 but I knew I was a 4. I've now made peace with it.

:)
Yes I feel that way as well,to put it simply;it sucks and I don't understand why the hell everyone wants to be a four so damn bad!:mad:
Regardless,I agree,what choice do we have but to embrace it?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

I usually test as a 4w5,but that doesn't tell me much as I understand online tests are inaccurate,I fear I may just be lying to myself sub-consciously or something,or maybe I really have no idea who I am.Either way,I want to know which one I am,as the enneagram is a tool for self discovery and growth,and possibly lying to myself just defeats the purpose of it all.

Anyways,weird rant aside,I am pretty confident my tritype is some variant of 4-6-8,with the eight in last.

That being said,I relate to both 4 and 6 pretty well.

In regards to 4 I relate to their feelings of shame,of being defective,their romanticism,being aware of their own emotions,as well as their integration and disintegration points.When I was younger I always felt that I wasn't like my peers,like I was fucked up in some way that made me awkward,and inept in comparison.I think this was due to my being very sensitive from an early age,in tandem with being rejected by certain people early on,I've never truly been able to get over/cope with that.Whereas before I felt I was defective,now I have come to accept myself for what I am,and understand that there's nothing wrong with me,it's just the way I am.

Now for 6.I relate to 6's need to face their fears;I have to come to suspect that I have a bit of social anxiety,people have always made me extremely nervous and I really detest talking to strangers.Once more,going back to my younger days,I used to go to great lengths to avoid having to interact with people(ie. skipping school,ditching class)for fear that they would notice my anxiety,therefore I would run away from my fears.As I have grown,I've learned to enjoy pushing myself to do things I am afraid of such as interacting with people when necessary,I've learned to hide my anxiety mildly well,and appear relatively at ease,although I still haven't figured out how to stop myself from blushing when someone catches me off-guard,haha.All in all,I like pushing myself to do things I don't want to/am afraid of,I see them as a challenge or a chance to improve myself.
However,I do not relate to 6's loyalist,rule abiding nature,but that may be because I'm an Sx first?I also do not relate to it's disintegration point for certain,and I'm not pretty sure I don't relate to it's integration point very well either.

I apologize for my rambling,and would appreciate anyone's input on which one they think I am,based on this of course.

Forget the whole "6's have anxiety" shit. They want help from others. That's it. I have anxiety about random things. 4s get anxious in relationships because they have daddy issues.

Ask yourself what your core fear is, that drives your decision making process in life.

L

LadyLazarus

What you describe sounds like the type 4 concerns are what the 6 traits grew out of, making the former the core. It's no surprise if someone who feels fundamentally unlike their peers experiences social anxiety.

Ha, I so did this. The question didn't last long.

I see few 4s if any who relate to it on this site. To be cliche as fuck, I feel sometimes like I'm the only one who does...and yet, that's in a "yes and no" way. ;)

Yes,I can see how that would work.

I see why now.

Maybe it's the 9 in your tritype.

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes I feel that way as well,to put it simply;it sucks and I don't understand why the hell everyone wants to be a four so damn bad!:mad:
Regardless,I agree,what choice do we have but to embrace it?

Exactly. :D

L

LadyLazarus

Your language sounds much more 4 than 6 to me. 4 is more oriented to internal experience and aesthetics, while 6 is more oriented to defense and thought process.

What exactly do you mean by defense?

L

LadyLazarus

Forget the whole "6's have anxiety" shit. They want help from others. That's it. I have anxiety about random things. 4s get anxious in relationships because they have daddy issues.

Ask yourself what your core fear is, that drives your decision making process in life.

Daddy issues??