Based on my results on the MBTI I can only describe myself as an INTX. I have at least a moderate preference toward I, N, and T but I am right on the line of P and J. But it seems as if my traits are somewhat contradictory. Here's what I mean:
• Very consistent in my habits
• Constantly contingency planning
• Like to have a clear plan and stick to it
• Want to put my analysis to practical use so I can make an impact on the world and reap the fruits of my labor.
• Always hold my ground in debate
• Not good at troubleshooting
• Very indecisive
• Not apt to come to a firm decision about what is happening and or what should be done (and tend to instead come up with a litany of options.)
• Have a strong desire to understand myself and find wisdom
• Less interested in finding a single solution that works and more interested in exploring a topic completely
It seems as if I have extroverted intuition and a desire to apply my knowledge, however I am indecisive and not very good at troubleshooting and problem solving unless the problem is highly conceptual. It is as if I have a tendency to want to explore and understand topics completely, but am instinctually inclined to want to make practical use of my analysis (even if I am not very good at it). Given that the last letter of INTX is the most important one, which determines all of the functions, this leaves me highly skeptical that such an odd borderline of these two personality types exists, which I could reasonably exist upon. This has lead me to much questioning about who I really am and if either or both of these types best describe me, or if something else is clouding my judgement of myself and giving me a false sense of identity.
On top of this I have recently taken the Big Five Personality Test and scored odd results for a typical INTX. My results:
Openness to new experience: 12%
These results have led me to even further question my psychological state. Could it be possible that a psychological disorder(s) is causing me to exhibit traits, which have led to inaccurate MBTI test results? I know I have some psychological problems, but isn't it crazy to think that they could cause me to think, feel, and behave in ways that are completely out of character with who I really am? Am I just being paranoid, or are my concerns appropriate, sound, and/or probable?