• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

hopefully my last MBTI questionnaire

melisanddre

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've done way too many of these to be honest. I've tested as both ISFP and INFP most recently.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Pretty much everything, I'm not going to lie. I'm very competitive and ambitious, yet I am dependent and extremely sensitive. I try to be logical, but I am much more interested in subjective things; art, literature, philosophy. The funny thing is, is that I am interested in an objective aspect of these things - breaking them apart, finding themes, analysis, etc. I place a great value on my friendships, because I don't have many friends. I rely on them a lot; it took me a long time to make friends because I was made fun of growing up, so I'm always afraid they'll leave me, or secretly hate me.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I just want to be happy, I guess. Successful, in my eyes. I want to be content with myself and what Im doing, be self-sufficient. I want to travel, have adventures, and be able to be completely myself. I want to be able to change the world, influence others.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Over the summer, I was in Amsterdam, biking along sunny canals in sundresses like a local would. Music from the festival would float through my ears, and the cobblestones made the ride bumpy. And I felt happy; I felt like this is where I belonged, like this is what I should be doing for the rest of my life.
A moment I think was my finest thus far (though I wasn't at my finest in the slighest) is when I was at my most depressed, I was admittedly suicidal. But despite being hysterical, I was able to put all over that raw emotion aside and make the rational decision to seek help and go into hospitalization. At the time, I thought I was so weak, but now I realize how strong I was.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
People. People who are smarter than me, witter than me, wealthier than me, more well-read and more travelled. People who are more attractive, more admired, more popular. I live in a fairly affluent area, but I am by no means affluent; it makes me feel so small and worthless.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Whether it will benefit me, what I feel about it (what emotional impact will it have on me. Will it give me anxiety? Will it make me happy?)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I am admittedly a control freak because I do not trust anyone to do such a good job as I will. Mostly I just focus on getting it done in the quickest yet most accurate way possible. I like free time, I'm a big procrastinator and admittedly lazy. I have the mental ability to do phenomenally, but I lack the energy or the will.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I went with my friends to this carnival I hadn't been to in years. We pet all the show bunnies and show goats, and watched the alpacas. I won a stuffed unicorn and we ate so much funnel cake we almost threw up. We went on every ride five times, I swear. I just felt really young again. It had been a hard year, and I felt like it aged me a lot, made me wiser.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I can memorize fairly well, but I like to be hands on. Reading books can only get you so far, you have to go out and try.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Not very. Organized in my own way, I suppose, in that I know where everything is even though it may look like organized chaos to others. When I know I have a lot of things to do I'll make lists and cross things off, but most of the time I just hope I'll remember all the things I have to do.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
If it makes sense with what I already know to be true, and if it follows what I believe, then I'll accept it. It is rare that this happens, however. I'm fairly particular.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Fe vs Fi, I take it? :) I am mostly focused on myself, trapped in my own head, actually, though I care a lot about the well-being of my friends. I always feel for those who are left-out, because I've been there. However, it is more important for me to be free in my own sense.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
For the most part, I speak before thinking, but of course I've done the opposite and put my foot in my mouth in times of anger, stress, etc. I like one-on-one and group discussions equally; either way, if it's something I'm really passionate about, I'll dominate the conversation.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I'm about equal. I like a good deal of spontaneity, but generally I like knowing what I'm getting into. Words are our most powerful weapon, I think, and they speak volumes but what you do is ultimately more important.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Tape the show, go out with my friends. I need to get out more, and I'm rarely invited out so.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I internalize stress, which I shouldn't and I've been working on it. I think everything will be fine if I just ignore it, and I can keep it to myself, until it gets so bad I implode into tears. Now, I've been working on breaking tasks down, allowing free time, starting in advance, etc.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't like obnoxious, loud people. I don't like ignorant people, people who are concerned with what I consider trivial things. I'm not a great fan of outspoken people; like I mentioned, I was made fun of growing up, so now I have this massive need for everyone to like me, and I hate when people so easily speak their mind and go against the crowd (jealously, I suppose, that I am unable to do the same). I really don't like ignorance (and I know I've mentioned that); people who are trapped in the past.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Literary analysis, books, movies, history, philosophy, whatever TV show I'm watching.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
I try not to pay attention to friend and/or family drama because it stresses me out too much. I don't pay attention to things I deem trivial (i.e. I always forget to vacuum, do the dishes, etc.) Though I do pay attention to it, I should be more diligent in regards to me school work.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They think I'm warm and kind, I suppose. I can be kind of an asshole, really selfish and manipulative to get what I want, which they'll admit. Yet I can be really overly sensitive, so they're always trying to toughen me up. They'll never admit that I'm completely elitist, though I am. I have this thing where I think I'm better than everyone, yet I also think I'm awful.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Catch up on TV, go for a bike ride, read a book or play, see a show if anything good is playing. Shop, watch a movie.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess the Fi-dom works.

Do you specifically have trouble deciding between Ne and Se?

I was going to say Se over Ne but this struck me as interesting:

"The funny thing is, is that I am interested in an objective aspect of these things - breaking them apart, finding themes, analysis, etc"

Can you talk more about that? How do you do that exactly?

melisanddre

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess the Fi-dom works.

Do you specifically have trouble deciding between Ne and Se?

I was going to say Se over Ne but this struck me as interesting:

"The funny thing is, is that I am interested in an objective aspect of these things - breaking them apart, finding themes, analysis, etc"

Can you talk more about that? How do you do that exactly?

This is best explained in an example: I'll use today. In my literature class, we were having a Socratic seminar about Orwell's 1984. I was much more passionate about Orwell's use of language - why he included the words he did, the images he did. Why Winston's dreams were important, how doublethink controlled society, etc. The minute we switched topics to whether or not Winston was heroic, I lost interest. I even argued that Winston doesn't matter to the purpose of the novel; he is merely a vehicle for Orwell to describe Oceania.
It's like, I could write you a whole essay about symbolism or allusions, but when you ask me why I like a certain character, what I thought of the plot, I'll draw a blank.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is best explained in an example: I'll use today. In my literature class, we were having a Socratic seminar about Orwell's 1984. I was much more passionate about Orwell's use of language - why he included the words he did, the images he did. Why Winston's dreams were important, how doublethink controlled society, etc. The minute we switched topics to whether or not Winston was heroic, I lost interest. I even argued that Winston doesn't matter to the purpose of the novel; he is merely a vehicle for Orwell to describe Oceania.
It's like, I could write you a whole essay about symbolism or allusions, but when you ask me why I like a certain character, what I thought of the plot, I'll draw a blank.

I dunno now that kind of sounded like INTx.... rereading your questionnaire, I can see it.

Btw you're right, I always had this feeling that Winston wasn't really the hero of the novel. :)

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=19421]melisanddre[/MENTION]

You vibe ISFJ, and here is what I gathered from your questionnaire that reinforces my vibe.

You are an irrational type (leading with a Pe or Pi function) and most likely a Pi dominant, most likely Si due to the exacting details and personalized sensory information given from your trip to Amsterdam and the time you had fun question.

You use Ti, which is drawn from the analysis and wanting to personalize information, which is also indicative of Si, suggesting that there is an Si-Ti dimension going on in your personality. Ti is most likely inflated in your personality right now and is most likely in the Tertiary slot, meaning that Ti can go from periods of strength to periods of weakness.

Average usage of Fe, I don't particularly see a direct preference for either of the feeling functions, but assuming Si - Je - Ti - Pe, it will probably be Fe.

Almost invisible usage can be drawn of a Pe function, which in this case would be Ne, and would make sense if it is in the inferior slot.

I put forth ISFJ.

Last edited:

melisanddre

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@Alea_iacta_est

@valaki

Oddly enough, I have tested both as an INTP (same cognitive functions as an ISFJ) and an INTJ (same cognitive functions as an ISFP) quite frequently. I always thought my feeling preference was higher than inferior (INTP), and I don't know, INTJ didn't quite click with me.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oddly enough, I have tested both as an INTP (same cognitive functions as an ISFJ) and an INTJ (same cognitive functions as an ISFP) quite frequently. I always thought my feeling preference was higher than inferior (INTP), and I don't know, INTJ didn't quite click with me.

That means nothing in terms of functions if those tests were dichotomy based.

Do you relate much to Ni?

melisanddre

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That means nothing in terms of functions if those tests were dichotomy based.

Do you relate much to Ni?

Eh, I suppose. I do tend to see the bigger picture, able to understand things without being able to put them into words.
The thing is, is that I'm incredibly observant - but subconsciously. Without even noticing it I pick up details about everyone around me, and then, in times of great stress I can be rather mean because I know everyone's flaws, everyone's weakness without them knowing.
At the moment, I'm leaning more towards ISFP for myself mostly because I lack that stereotypical bohemian, 'for the cause' thing INFPs seem to like. My internal monologue is very ENTJ, actually. I just don't say it aloud because I don't want to step on toes and I want to avoid conflict.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh, I suppose. I do tend to see the bigger picture, able to understand things without being able to put them into words.
The thing is, is that I'm incredibly observant - but subconsciously. Without even noticing it I pick up details about everyone around me, and then, in times of great stress I can be rather mean because I know everyone's flaws, everyone's weakness without them knowing.
At the moment, I'm leaning more towards ISFP for myself mostly because I lack that stereotypical bohemian, 'for the cause' thing INFPs seem to like. My internal monologue is very ENTJ, actually. I just don't say it aloud because I don't want to step on toes and I want to avoid conflict.

Then ENTJ it is!

Alea_iacta_est

Then ENTJ it is!

It's just that easy! XD

Oh yeah, out of curiosity [MENTION=19421]melisanddre[/MENTION], do you often find yourself doing stuff like this?

-Do you frequently get (small or huge) flash backs when you see certain colors/shapes/whatever patterned in a certain way? In a building, box, TV, curtains/whatever? Same for all the other senses...

-Do you frequently get a wave of 'childhood mindset?' Like, you'll experience exactly what it was like to be 5 years old looking at the world around you? Like you're in a trance? This is not a flashback. But actual purely experiencing what it was like again to see the world through the eyes of a 'child you' and all the feelings and impressions of your surroundings associated with it in the present moment.

-Do you tend to be kind of picky about sensory input? For example, when creating a character in an MMORPG, do you always kinda know what you want him/her/it to look like even before you know what the game has to offer in character customization, or what the characters look like at all? And when it fails here, you tend to lose interest? (apply this general concept to any other thing in your life. The game was merely for sake of explanation)

-Do you sometimes feel as if objects carry an essence of some sort? Like, the army jeep that drives jumping over the hills on the road in the middle of blood, guts and war, all happy like a dog to be of service to its drivers. Yet it's ironic for the happy jeep is in direct contradiction to the drivers facial expressions and the scene of war, so you can't help but kinda chuckle at the ironic scene.

Or the desklamp that sits there between your monitor and shelf, hidden away, just kinda wanting to be left alone, hoping for you not to notice its gentle and shy non-threatening presence. Again, a mere personal example. Though I imagine only the 'nutcase' [hidden]-users to be aware of this part of [hidden]... But yet, this is the most pure and truest way of experiencing [hidden]. The inner and wholly subjective impression full on imprinted on the objective world around you.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Guess I see the Ni and Fi, no idea about function order ;) but you were really Ni-ish about 1984 and seemed to have low F as well for that one. But that was just one example, dunno how characteristic it is of you.

-Do you frequently get (small or huge) flash backs when you see certain colors/shapes/whatever patterned in a certain way? In a building, box, TV, curtains/whatever? Same for all the other senses...

-Do you frequently get a wave of 'childhood mindset?' Like, you'll experience exactly what it was like to be 5 years old looking at the world around you? Like you're in a trance? This is not a flashback. But actual purely experiencing what it was like again to see the world through the eyes of a 'child you' and all the feelings and impressions of your surroundings associated with it in the present moment.

-Do you tend to be kind of picky about sensory input? For example, when creating a character in an MMORPG, do you always kinda know what you want him/her/it to look like even before you know what the game has to offer in character customization, or what the characters look like at all? And when it fails here, you tend to lose interest? (apply this general concept to any other thing in your life. The game was merely for sake of explanation)

-Do you sometimes feel as if objects carry an essence of some sort? Like, the army jeep that drives jumping over the hills on the road in the middle of blood, guts and war, all happy like a dog to be of service to its drivers. Yet it's ironic for the happy jeep is in direct contradiction to the drivers facial expressions and the scene of war, so you can't help but kinda chuckle at the ironic scene.

Or the desklamp that sits there between your monitor and shelf, hidden away, just kinda wanting to be left alone, hoping for you not to notice its gentle and shy non-threatening presence. Again, a mere personal example. Though I imagine only the 'nutcase' [hidden]-users to be aware of this part of [hidden]... But yet, this is the most pure and truest way of experiencing [hidden]. The inner and wholly subjective impression full on imprinted on the objective world around you.

God that sounds like going mad lol. Though, the pickiness about sensory input, can Se types never be like that? Though it would be overkill to abandon the game just because some character doesn't look the way I'd like it to. Unless you mean the character is me.

I think the army jeep example is pretty Ni-ish with that subjective association thingie. I only did that when I was really stressed out and I don't want that normally ;)

The desklamp stuff sounded very Si-ish on the other hand. Jungian Si.

Alea_iacta_est

Guess I see the Ni and Fi, no idea about function order ;) but you were really Ni-ish about 1984 and seemed to have low F as well for that one. But that was just one example, dunno how characteristic it is of you.

God that sounds like going mad lol. Though, the pickiness about sensory input, can Se types never be like that? Though it would be overkill to abandon the game just because some character doesn't look the way I'd like it to. Unless you mean the character is me.

I think the army jeep example is pretty Ni-ish with that subjective association thingie. I only did that when I was really stressed out and I don't want that normally ;)

The desklamp stuff sounded very Si-ish on the other hand. Jungian Si.

All of that is Si. It's completely alien to Se types let alone Ni types to quote from the exact ISFJ who posted this on another forum, and I am a testament to that because I had honestly no fucking clue that people experienced the world like that.

melisanddre

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's just that easy! XD

Oh yeah, out of curiosity [MENTION=19421]melisanddre[/MENTION], do you often find yourself doing stuff like this?

Definitely the first and the third ones. I have vivid flashbacks because of different objects and stuff, and I am really picky about forming avatars and fashion and appearance so yeah. The others ones not really, though I did talk to my stuffed animals a lot as a child. I think I would be an ENTJ is I was extroverted.

melisanddre

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

To tell you more about my inferior, here is a little anecdote that happened about one hour ago: I ruined my relationships with my two best friends, an INFJ and INTP respectively. They dropped me and my other ESFP friend off to see if another friend was working, and he wasn't. Me and said ESFP decided then to play an elaborate game of hide and seek - for an hour and a half/I] When we finally met up again, they basically pulled the car over and yelled at us for being so immature, so irresponsible. ESFP gave in right away and apologized, but I basically told them they were acting like my mother, they were self-righteous, holier-than-thou assholes (which they are - they think they are better than everyone else, more mature and serious), I told them then to 'f themselves' and 'never talk to me again'.
I feel bad now because I don't have many friends to begin with, and of course our little game went too far and I understand that they were upset but I was having fun so I didn't really care (I am extremely selfish, everything is about me in my world), and I do not regret the things I said to them but I regret the way I handled it and now I have no idea how to suck up my pride to apologize.

Alea_iacta_est

Definitely the first and the third ones. I have vivid flashbacks because of different objects and stuff, and I am really picky about forming avatars and fashion and appearance so yeah. The others ones not really, though I did talk to my stuffed animals a lot as a child. I think I would be an ENTJ is I was extroverted.

Hmmm. That might suggest Si is in the Auxiliary or Tertiary position.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All of that is Si. It's completely alien to Se types let alone Ni types to quote from the exact ISFJ who posted this on another forum, and I am a testament to that because I had honestly no fucking clue that people experienced the world like that.

Yeah I can see most of it is jungian Si, but are you sure the one that makes a far-flung association is Si too? Jung described Ni in that way. The example was Ni associating some experience of dizziness or pain or something with some general image. This about the army jeep seemed like that to me. That was the sort of stuff I also experienced myself when I had this life period that was most stressful for me. Though I do think the specific example of the jeep was a bit Fe-ish too.

Can you explain why it's still Si if it makes an association like that? How would Ni see it instead, the army jeep example?

Also do you think this is Si and specifically ISFJ? Quoting from OP:

"In my literature class, we were having a Socratic seminar about Orwell's 1984. I was much more passionate about Orwell's use of language - why he included the words he did, the images he did. Why Winston's dreams were important, how doublethink controlled society, etc. The minute we switched topics to whether or not Winston was heroic, I lost interest. I even argued that Winston doesn't matter to the purpose of the novel; he is merely a vehicle for Orwell to describe Oceania.
It's like, I could write you a whole essay about symbolism or allusions, but when you ask me why I like a certain character, what I thought of the plot, I'll draw a blank."

Btw, to be quite honest I prefer not to deal with any Si definitions much because they are all so wildly different from each other. Si is a big weakness in any of these function based systems.

To tell you more about my inferior, here is a little anecdote that happened about one hour ago: I ruined my relationships with my two best friends, an INFJ and INTP respectively. They dropped me and my other ESFP friend off to see if another friend was working, and he wasn't. Me and said ESFP decided then to play an elaborate game of hide and seek - for an hour and a half/I] When we finally met up again, they basically pulled the car over and yelled at us for being so immature, so irresponsible. ESFP gave in right away and apologized, but I basically told them they were acting like my mother, they were self-righteous, holier-than-thou assholes (which they are - they think they are better than everyone else, more mature and serious), I told them then to 'f themselves' and 'never talk to me again'.
I feel bad now because I don't have many friends to begin with, and of course our little game went too far and I understand that they were upset but I was having fun so I didn't really care (I am extremely selfish, everything is about me in my world), and I do not regret the things I said to them but I regret the way I handled it and now I have no idea how to suck up my pride to apologize.

Haha I have done that before myself. And right, I don't know if that's inferior Fe or inferior Fi or what. Anyway sorry I'm sure it's not a great situation for you now.

I didn't get more clear on your type just from that. I really don't have a lot to go on. Only that example where you talked about how you approach books and essay writing.

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION], the army jeep example is still Si because it is linking a feeling (in this case emotions based on appearance) to a concrete object in the exterior world. Ni doesn't do that, Ni-types would probably passively examine it with Se and make a conclusion about why it is there, what it wants, and where it is from.

That example sounds sort of like Te-Fi.