User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default 6w7 sx/so with a 3w2 fix? Could this explain it?

So I have really been reconsidering the fact that I could in fact be a 6w7 sx/so with a 3w2 fix, instead of a sx/sp. My question is this though: What does that look like, and could that make the sx/so 6w7 much more career and success oriented? For some reason I am VERY ambitious and all about making money, becoming as sexually attractive as I can to the opposite sex, and about getting as high up the social ladder as humanly possible. I generally don't see this trait in that many sx/so 6w7's and they don't seem to be very success oriented at all. In fact, most of them that I have come across are fucking idiots: They seem to be morons that make the worst decisions ever and tend to be drug addicts, convicts, and fuck ups from what I have seen. In fact, I don't think that I have ever met an ambitious, and successful sx/so 6w7 in my entire life. However, I seem to fit the sx/so description quite well, I know I am sx dom, and I seem to be countra-flow. I think that the 3w2 fix could explain why I am much more in control of myself and much more success oriented than most 6w7 sx/so's because most of them that I know have a 4 fix, and some have a 2 fix. In fact, I have never met another 6w7 sx/so with a 3 fix, and I believe that this could be why I am the way I am. Can someone give me another example of a 6w7 sx/so with a 3w2 or are there any other 6w7 sx/so's on this site that relate to what I am saying?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I know a 6w7 sx/so IRL, though I think she probably has a 3w4 fix over 3w2 fix. She used to be a supervisor of mine, and I believe she is an ENFJ. I would call her ambitious and career-oriented. She is around 28 and a department manager at a grocery store, in addition to running a small business doing cake decorating from her home. She is definitely highly focused on her sexuality and attractiveness. She works out, tans, and dresses herself to accentuate her body. She's somewhat aggressive, and very defensive, but she's also hard-working, reliable, efficient, creative, and fun. I would have thought her a 3w2 sx/so if it weren't for her blatantly 6 reactivity. She also is very concerned with her work being original and unique, and she can be a bit dark, which is why I guess her as 3w4 over 3w2. She's from a very culturally Southern and country family and is a tomboy, growing up riding 4-wheelers with her guy friends. She's adventurous and very competitive. She's had many relationships, one with a coworker, on-and-off for years. They eventually got married - I think he's a 9w8 ISFP, not sx-first. Maybe even sp/so. They had a daughter together two years ago, and this year she separated from him, as far as I understand, because she was tired of him wanting her to be home with him and the baby when she wanted to go out and party with her guy friends. She was flirting very openly with another of her coworkers while this was going on, and is now in a relationship with him, which seems fairly stable and happy. I don't think she always makes the best personal decisions - she lives on a more intense level than I am comfortable with and sometimes seems to blow things out of proportion... one time she thought I was trying to "start a fight" with her because I accidentally left something in her workspace. But she seems fairly successful overall. I think of her as a little tornado!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I know a 6w7 sx/so IRL, though I think she probably has a 3w4 fix over 3w2 fix. She used to be a supervisor of mine, and I believe she is an ENFJ. I would call her ambitious and career-oriented. She is around 28 and a department manager at a grocery store, in addition to running a small business doing cake decorating from her home. She is definitely highly focused on her sexuality and attractiveness. She works out, tans, and dresses herself to accentuate her body. She's somewhat aggressive, and very defensive, but she's also hard-working, reliable, efficient, creative, and fun. I would have thought her a 3w2 sx/so if it weren't for her blatantly 6 reactivity. She also is very concerned with her work being original and unique, and she can be a bit dark, which is why I guess her as 3w4 over 3w2. She's from a very culturally Southern and country family and is a tomboy, growing up riding 4-wheelers with her guy friends. She's adventurous and very competitive. She's had many relationships, one with a coworker, on-and-off for years. They eventually got married - I think he's a 9w8 ISFP, not sx-first. Maybe even sp/so. They had a daughter together two years ago, and this year she separated from him, as far as I understand, because she was tired of him wanting her to be home with him and the baby when she wanted to go out and party with her guy friends. She was flirting very openly with another of her coworkers while this was going on, and is now in a relationship with him, which seems fairly stable and happy. I don't think she always makes the best personal decisions - she lives on a more intense level than I am comfortable with and sometimes seems to blow things out of proportion... one time she thought I was trying to "start a fight" with her because I accidentally left something in her workspace. But she seems fairly successful overall. I think of her as a little tornado!
    I relate a lot to this woman. Also, when does something become "too intense" for you? Can you give me an example of this?

Also,
    @Stansmith @Elfboy @Sanjuro @Urarienev

You all might want to check out this thread.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I relate a lot to this woman. Also, when does something become "too intense" for you? Can you give me an example of this?
    Well, on a personal level, I don't like making other people uncomfortable when they haven't really done anything to merit it. I don't have any problem with calling someone out when I feel like they've been unfair, but I try to avoid creating negative feelings for anyone else. As a result of that, I try to keep things a little more fluid and harmonious than I'm thinking the average sx-dom would prefer. "Too intense" for me also entails intimacy increasing very quickly. I like to keep some distance/padding until I feel like I understand the other person pretty well, and so I move somewhat slowly. Bruno Mars lyrics - "you make me feel like I've been locked out of Heaven", "your sex takes me to paradise", "I would catch a grenade for you"... all too intense. Lol.

In relation to the aforementioned sx/so, she talked about fighting people so much. She wouldn't really confront people at work but she would rant about them all day long. Supposedly she confronted them outside of work, though I never saw it happen. I am an emotional person and would call my own feelings very immersive, but hers were always STRONG and she tended to project them outward. Anytime she felt something, the rest of us felt it too. Her mood alone could determine whether we had a good or bad day at work. She was always pretty black and white, either you were on her side or you were her enemy. She was quick to call anyone out on anything she didn't like. The things she was into, she was REALLY into. I never understood how she could be that intense about everything. There are some things I'm just pretty loose or neutral on. She always had an opinion and was always ready to defend it.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@The Great One the person that @skylights described...sounds like what people at work think of me.

I actually get annoyed when ppl blame me for how their day goes. Lol I have zero Fe.

I know I have a 3 fix. It's quite ridiculous actually.... I am naturally driven. I cannot help it. It is uncontrollable. I have to continuously better myself. Its a must.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

@The Great One

First, could your experiences with sx/soc 6s be environmental at all? Like you indicated earlier that you lived in a crap neighborhood with lots of problems, so if many of the 6w7s you know came from that area, it's possible there are other factors at play here.

Second, I'm pretty sure all sx/soc 6w7s aren't failures and whatnot. Not anymore than all sx/soc 8w7s are all dictators.

The only example I can give is that of my father. He's probably more of a 5-winger than a 7-winger (I could see an argument for the 7, though) and is sx/soc, or possibly soc/sx (I can't really tell). And he's got a lot of neurotic problems, but being a drug-addicted fuck up is NOT one of them. He's a career-minded individual. He knew from the time he was in college that he wanted to be a professor, and has spent most of his 67 years building that. He has issues around success like any 6 (he doesn't want to be attacked for being "successful") but he equates failure with disaster. Most of his moves in life have, in his own words, revolved around "staving off disaster". At age 67, he owns and manages his own property and has learned to eat a healthier diet. He's concerned with acquiring a better salary and making sure I have the material goods necessary to support myself. His care for sp stuff isn't great (he gets annoyed with "housekeeping", insists he'd rather die young than live till 90 in a nursing home, and has heart and pancreas trouble from a lifetime of living off junk) but he "gets it" that money and stuff is important.

And yes, he's 3-fixed. 683, I'd say.

So, I don't see why being a sx/soc 6w7 is necessarily conducive to failure and not being success-oriented. It sounds like the 6s you know are failures because they've got other issues, not because they're sx/soc 6w7s. I don't personally claim to know your stacking, Great One, as I don't know you IRL. But, I think you should assess it by your motivations first, rather than by comparison with crappy people. Each individual is a unique permutation of his/her type, stacking, and MBTI and you may do things contrary to what you'd typically expect to see. Including success--it sounds like you're just an ambitious person, and that's not really type dependent at all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    So, I don't see why being a sx/soc 6w7 is necessarily conducive to failure and not being success-oriented. It sounds like the 6s you know are failures because they've got other issues, not because they're sx/soc 6w7s. I don't personally claim to know your stacking, Great One, as I don't know you IRL. But, I think you should assess it by your motivations first, rather than by comparison with crappy people. Each individual is a unique permutation of his/her type, stacking, and MBTI and you may do things contrary to what you'd typically expect to see. Including success--it sounds like you're just an ambitious person, and that's not really type dependent at all.
    Well-worded.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@skylights

Well, on a personal level, I don't like making other people uncomfortable when they haven't really done anything to merit it. I don't have any problem with calling someone out when I feel like they've been unfair, but I try to avoid creating negative feelings for anyone else. As a result of that, I try to keep things a little more fluid and harmonious than I'm thinking the average sx-dom would prefer. "Too intense" for me also entails intimacy increasing very quickly. I like to keep some distance/padding until I feel like I understand the other person pretty well, and so I move somewhat slowly. Bruno Mars lyrics - "you make me feel like I've been locked out of Heaven", "your sex takes me to paradise", "I would catch a grenade for you"... all too intense. Lol.
    Well I think that a lot of the "harmony" that you seek with others is due to your 9 fix. I also like to create harmony with those around me as well. However, I like intimacy to happen VERY quickly. It's not just about sex either, it's just bonding with the other person in general. In fact, I'm often angered by many sx second types because it's like they also want the intimacy, but they just want it to happen too damn slow. I HATE IT! I feel like when I'm courting another SX dom, things can just happen at a rapid pace, which is my natural pace.

In relation to the aforementioned sx/so, she talked about fighting people so much. She wouldn't really confront people at work but she would rant about them all day long. Supposedly she confronted them outside of work, though I never saw it happen. I am an emotional person and would call my own feelings very immersive, but hers were always STRONG and she tended to project them outward. Anytime she felt something, the rest of us felt it too. Her mood alone could determine whether we had a good or bad day at work. She was always pretty black and white, either you were on her side or you were her enemy. She was quick to call anyone out on anything she didn't like. The things she was into, she was REALLY into. I never understood how she could be that intense about everything. There are some things I'm just pretty loose or neutral on. She always had an opinion and was always ready to defend it.
    This is always the part of the sexual 6 description that I don't fit. I myself am not this wreckless and don't want to harm my good standing with people. I'm often like a politician that is always trying to keep a good standing with everyone and keep up a good image. I try not to get large groups of people on my bad side because I understand how that could be harmful to myself.
    @Urarienev

The Great One the person that skylights described...sounds like what people at work think of me.

I actually get annoyed when ppl blame me for how their day goes. Lol I have zero Fe.

I know I have a 3 fix. It's quite ridiculous actually.... I am naturally driven. I cannot help it. It is uncontrollable. I have to continuously better myself. Its a must.
    So then you don't care about making other's days miserable and losing your good standing with people? Why? This is insanity to me.
    @Sanjuro

First, could your experiences with sx/soc 6s be environmental at all? Like you indicated earlier that you lived in a crap neighborhood with lots of problems, so if many of the 6w7s you know came from that area, it's possible there are other factors at play here.

Second, I'm pretty sure all sx/soc 6w7s aren't failures and whatnot. Not anymore than all sx/soc 8w7s are all dictators.

The only example I can give is that of my father. He's probably more of a 5-winger than a 7-winger (I could see an argument for the 7, though) and is sx/soc, or possibly soc/sx (I can't really tell). And he's got a lot of neurotic problems, but being a drug-addicted fuck up is NOT one of them. He's a career-minded individual. He knew from the time he was in college that he wanted to be a professor, and has spent most of his 67 years building that. He has issues around success like any 6 (he doesn't want to be attacked for being "successful") but he equates failure with disaster. Most of his moves in life have, in his own words, revolved around "staving off disaster". At age 67, he owns and manages his own property and has learned to eat a healthier diet. He's concerned with acquiring a better salary and making sure I have the material goods necessary to support myself. His care for sp stuff isn't great (he gets annoyed with "housekeeping", insists he'd rather die young than live till 90 in a nursing home, and has heart and pancreas trouble from a lifetime of living off junk) but he "gets it" that money and stuff is important.

And yes, he's 3-fixed. 683, I'd say.

The pattern that I am seeing here is that all of the 6's that have their head on straight that have been mentioned are 3 fixers. I believe this chills them out and makes them more success oriented and less fucking crazy.

Also you told me that I should assess my motivations? Well here they are:

1) Become as sexually attractive as possible.

2) Get SOME type of intimacy in my life. I don't care if it's a friend with benefits, a girlfriend, or whatever. I just need some type of deep intimacy in my life and I need sex!

3) I want to be as successful as I possibly can. I want to have money, a nice car, a high paying job, and just over all prestige and success. I want this because I believe that it will make me feel better about myself, and I also believe it will make me more attractive to the opposite sex.

4) I just want some damn enjoyment out of life! I want fun excitement, adventure, and just a life of hedonism.

5) I want to accomplish great career successes.

These are my goals and motivations in life.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@The Great One I care only more recently.

This is cause I have never and still don't admit my fear...its a counter phobic thing I think. I used to be way worse. Now I will actually acknowledge someone that I don't care about. Where before I didn't.

You have Fe. Even though it's tertiary you still respect social rules better than inferior Fi....

The thing I don't do is try to be sexually attractive. At least not in my appearance. That's how I know I'm not sx dom. I don't devote energy into that.

However when I like someone and want them....then I put energy into getting their attention sexually.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

very interesting...
    I, too, desire closeness, yet fear I'm not good enough...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan