• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help type me Ixxx

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Actually those descriptions aren't really that extreme, it's just that they are distinct.

Look at it objectively in yourself. If you don't experience visions or premonitions of what to do next, then you probably aren't an Ni user, because Ni is a synthesis/simulation function. It's also based in the unconscious, meaning that Ni users don't build their plans in their conscious mind, because Ni is busy building a plan in the unconscious to be let loose into the conscious mind when it is seen fit.

If you primarily make sense of things and figure out how things work according to your own subjective logic, you are probably a Ti user.

If you don't recall detail work well and don't notice when things are different, you are probably not an Si user.

That being said, I think it is safe to eliminate Te from your dominant and auxiliary slot.
If it's unconscious then how would I know if I had it :mellow:

I don't think I use my own logic, subjective logic doesn't seem logical...

I remember details subconsciously, most of the time I memorize better when I'm not focused.

If it helps I don't really like Fi or Ti people, specifically when I'm arguing with them...

Alea_iacta_est

If it's unconscious then how would I know if I have it :mellow:

I don't think I use my own logic, subjective logic doesn't seem logical...

I remember details subconsciously, most of the time I memorize better when I'm not focused.

If it helps I don't really like Fi or Ti people, especially in arguments...

You know you have Ni if you get the output of a vision or gut feeling from your unconscious that is completely insane but brilliant at the same time (usually). It ebbs into your conscious mind and you simply know what to do next. This is also why INTJs typically will claim they know something but not be able to explain how they know it.

Subjective Logic is simply figuring out how things make sense based on your own reasoning skills. Both Ti and Te are inherently logical, it's just that one looks for concrete evidence in the outside environment while the other simply looks to one's own reasoning skills to solve problems.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
You know you have Ni if you get the output of a vision or gut feeling from your unconscious that is completely insane but brilliant at the same time (usually). It ebbs into your conscious mind and you simply know what to do next. This is also why INTJs typically will claim they know something but not be able to explain how they know it.

Subjective Logic is simply figuring out how things make sense based on your own reasoning skills. Both Ti and Te are inherently logical, it's just that one looks for concrete evidence in the outside environment while the other simply looks to one's own reasoning skills to solve problems.
What is the difference between Ni and being psychic? :blush: yes something similar happened to me in school once. But not all the time. I still don't get what you mean... I'm probably misunderstanding you, but I don't understand how someone could make an important decision solely on an impulse? Do you have any examples?

Yes, I do that in my head sometimes, but never in a debate. I also related to Fe except I prefer to be an individual/be unique at the same time.

Is there a way to tell between N and S without cognitive functions though? I don't know if I understand them...

Alea_iacta_est

What is the difference between Ni and being psychic? :blush: yes something similar happened to me in school once. But not all the time. I still don't get what you mean... I'm probably misunderstanding you, but I don't understand how someone could make an important decision solely on an impulse? Do you have any examples?

Yes, I do that in my head sometimes, but never in a debate. I also related to Fe except I prefer to be an individual/be unique at the same time.

Is there a way to tell between N and S without cognitive functions though? I don't know if I'm ready...

INxJs trust Ni because we are use to it being right. Ni isn't really all that psychic, it just isn't calculated in the conscious mind, which is why people perceive it as mysterious. Actually, Ni (in Ni dom types) builds its premonitions/visions off of an inferior Se, which means that the Ni user is unconsciously and passively examining the environment at all times, and this information gets fed to Ni, which begins refining a single possibility or vision. I'm mostly sure that unconscious math is linked to Ni as well, as many INTJs, and myself included, have been able to look at a math problem and instinctively know the answer without having to do conscious calculations, though these calculations aren't always 100% correct, they are remarkably accurate. INFJs tend to be more akin to the Psychic, as they take in their information with their inferior Se, which is in turn fed into Ni, but its focus is different than the INTJ because the INFJ's auxiliary function is Fe. This means that INFJs are essentially the best people-readers in MBTI function-wise, as Fe takes in others' emotions, Se monitors their body language unconsciously, and both of these inputs are fed into Ni, which performs a calculation to determine what the other person is experiencing and what to do next about it. INFJs often report that their Ni is more visceral, to the point where some of them actually experience physical sensations (anything from dull pains to sweaty hands or something of the sort) when Ni is trying to warn them of something about a person (Ni in INTJs manifests predominantly as the vision).

What is your debate style if I might inquire?

What people don't always necessarily realize is that everyone is a Thinker, a Feeler, a Sensor, and an iNtuitive. It's just a matter of how strong they are in your function order and what kind of thinking, feeling, sensing, and intuiting you do. If your predominant perceiving style is intuition, you trust more in ideas that come out of thin air than concrete evidence, Ne types do this by trusting their brainstorming capabilities, and Ni types do this by trusting their gut instinct/vision. If your predominant perceiving style is sensing, you trust more in what's in front of you than the very strange and untrustworthy gut instincts you feel every once in a while.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
INxJs trust Ni because we are use to it being right. Ni isn't really all that psychic, it just isn't calculated in the conscious mind, which is why people perceive it as mysterious. Actually, Ni (in Ni dom types) builds its premonitions/visions off of an inferior Se, which means that the Ni user is unconsciously and passively examining the environment at all times, and this information gets fed to Ni, which begins refining a single possibility or vision. I'm mostly sure that unconscious math is linked to Ni as well, as many INTJs, and myself included, have been able to look at a math problem and instinctively know the answer without having to do conscious calculations, though these calculations aren't always 100% correct, they are remarkably accurate. INFJs tend to be more akin to the Psychic, as they take in their information with their inferior Se, which is in turn fed into Ni, but its focus is different than the INTJ because the INFJ's auxiliary function is Fe. This means that INFJs are essentially the best people-readers in MBTI function-wise, as Fe takes in others' emotions, Se monitors their body language unconsciously, and both of these inputs are fed into Ni, which performs a calculation to determine what the other person is experiencing and what to do next about it. INFJs often report that their Ni is more visceral, to the point where some of them actually experience physical sensations (anything from dull pains to sweaty hands or something of the sort) when Ni is trying to warn them of something about a person (Ni in INTJs manifests predominantly as the vision).

What is your debate style if I might inquire?

What people don't always necessarily realize is that everyone is a Thinker, a Feeler, a Sensor, and an iNtuitive. It's just a matter of how strong they are in your function order and what kind of thinking, feeling, sensing, and intuiting you do. If your predominant perceiving style is intuition, you trust more in ideas that come out of thin air than concrete evidence, Ne types do this by trusting their brainstorming capabilities, and Ni types do this by trusting their gut instinct/vision. If your predominant perceiving style is sensing, you trust more in what's in front of you than the very strange and untrustworthy gut instincts you feel every once in a while.
The only time I use a lot of this "intuition" would be with another person. I guess by watching people I can tell why they act the way they do, their motives, etc. I'm very good at picking up on these kinds of things, so I'm usually cautious about it. For this reason I avoid certain people. I can tell who's changed and how they would betray me because they only follow group norms to fit in. I can also tell who doesn't care enough about human relations, and won't appreciate me enough, so I don't bother talking to them. Often I find the most popular people to be the most cunning ones as well, but for some reason nobody else notices it...
When I'm helping someone too, I guess I use it. My friend from two years ago was having suicidal thoughts and I would chat with her during gym class about it. I don't think it was intuition but I told her why she might not have been getting along with her mom, how her mom could have felt, maybe what she expected, etc.

I don't understand the dull pains to sweat hands part though...
I guess after I've read a word I know how to solve it... Sometimes I have an idea at least, although I usually try to break the problem into parts and list what I already know and then try to connect that with ways to solve it?

My debating style changes. When possible, I like to use solid evidence in front of everyone because that's the easiest way to convince the other person. Other times I just debate, but it's more of making my point sound better than it is, haha. I can debate from pretty much any angle I want to and my friend thinks that I'm not as logical as him, just better at debating...
An example would be trying to say Miley Cyrus is a good role model for kids because she teaches them it's ok to be themselves
.... even if I don't agree with it :)

I still don't know about sensing or intuiting, haha. I mean even right now in the back of my mind I have an idea of what type I could be (chart the course), but I need more evidence... like I said before though, evidence isn't always enough to make me change my mind on something :unsure:

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Also, like I said before I probably place too much value on other sources :(

I've seen N described as many different things and I scored 96% on that abstract intelligence test at similar minds...

At least, I'm beginning to doubt more and more that trusting evidence = S, or something like not looking for symbolism in movies = S. I don't know... I don't know if anyone does that though :(

Alea_iacta_est

The only time I use a lot of this "intuition" would be with another person. I guess by watching people I can tell why they act the way they do, their motives, etc. I'm very good at picking up on these kinds of things, so I'm usually cautious about it. For this reason I avoid certain people. I can tell who's changed and how they would betray me because they only follow group norms to fit in. I can also tell who doesn't care enough about human relations, and won't appreciate me enough, so I don't bother talking to them. Often I find the most popular people to be the most cunning ones as well, but for some reason nobody else notices it...
When I'm helping someone too, I guess I use it. My friend from two years ago was having suicidal thoughts and I would chat with her during gym class about it. I don't think it was intuition but I told her why she might not have been getting along with her mom, how her mom could have felt, maybe what she expected, etc.

I don't understand the dull pains to sweat hands part though...
I guess after I've read a word I know how to solve it... Sometimes I have an idea at least, although I usually try to break the problem into parts and list what I already know and then try to connect that with ways to solve it?

My debating style changes. When possible, I like to use solid evidence in front of everyone because that's the easiest way to convince the other person. Other times I just debate, but it's more of making my point sound better than it is, haha. I can debate from pretty much any angle I want to and my friend thinks that I'm not as logical as him, just better at debating...
An example would be trying to say Miley Cyrus is a good role model for kids because she teaches them it's ok to be themselves
.... even if I don't agree with it :)

I still don't know about sensing or intuiting, haha. I mean even right now in the back of my mind I have an idea of what type I could be (chart the course), but I need more evidence... like I said before though, evidence isn't always enough to make me change my mind on something :unsure:

You could be an ENTP. ENTPs are generally considered the most reserved extrovert.

The debating style sounds Te but could be indicative of the ENTP's tert. Fe and need to win supporters quickly in debate. Do you use solid evidence because it is the most logical choice of action or do you use it to win people over to your side quickly?

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
You could be an ENTP. ENTPs are generally considered the most reserved extrovert.

The debating style sounds Te but could be indicative of the ENTP's tert. Fe and need to win supporters quickly in debate. Do you use solid evidence because it is the most logical choice of action or do you use it to win people over to your side quickly?
Both, I'd say! I over analyze these things too much so I'll go with both. The focus is probably more on the logic though. I know my point is more solid with that kind of evidence.

Do you doubt INTJ for me, or even INFJ, and if so why?

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION] I don't particularly believe that you are an introverted intuitive dominant. You vibe (another Ni thing) more introverted thinking coupled with Pe.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=20906]badatlife[/MENTION] I don't particularly believe that you are an introverted intuitive dominant. You vibe (another Ni thing) more introverted thinking coupled with Pe.
Thanks for helping. I don't relate to ISTP at all though :unsure: Except the problem solving part, I like to solve problems creatively. I'm not sure about my vibe either. I probably give off different vibes wherever I go lol

Alea_iacta_est

Thanks for helping. I don't relate to ISTP at all though :unsure: Except the problem solving part, I like to solve problems creatively. I'm not sure about my vibe either. I probably give off different vibes wherever I go lol

I vote xNTP.

Assuming Type 9w8, INTP seems more probable.

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Vote for INTP