User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

@Alea_iacta_est oh yes that is very much me. The cold/distant part because of being focused is super super spot on. It's something I try to watch case it can hamper relationships. Do you have a similar info page for 145? It would be good to compare them, one might fit better than the other. And yep, I do love to impress people with my intelligence... woah man do not like admitting that in the slightest but it's true. I have gone on dates with guys before with the soul reason that I know I would impress them with my intellect.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Ha flamboyant. I can be, I am gay afterall . I jest, but in all seriousness though my presence can be rather attention-grabbing when I am in a good environment, and can be rather showy with it. However this almost always connects with telling stories or expressing a non-logic based opinion. Ultimately I would agree 3w4 would fit much more likely than 3w2.

I think at this point 1w2 is locked, and 5w6 is locked at the last position. So now it's just a tossup between 4w3 and 3w4. This will be tricky to sort thorough, because I am going to have to tease apart the difference between when being seen a certain way is important, as opposed to dealing with by emotional sides. Would you recommend any questions, or lines of thinking I could use to aid me in sorting between the two? As of now I am leaning more towards 3w4. The reason is at the end of the day, I think my drive to be seen in a particular light is more important the validation of my own feelings and originality. Those things are very important to me and I value by "uniqueness", but it's not something I get super defensive over. The emotional/feeling part is certainly there though. So it seems that I have more parts of 3 than 4. But, and this is a big but, I have to remember that I don't want to be a 4, and that could easily cloud my thinking.
    If you have a 3 fix combined with 1, you'll have a workaholic attitude and, with presence of 5, an air of intellectualism.

If you have a 4 fix combined with 5, you'll have a highly dark negativist/pessimist and, in some cases (when depressed), nihilistic introvert (2 withdrawn types)

Socionics
    ILI

@Hard, Here's the 1-4-5.

If you want to check out the other 25 tritypes, here's a link to where I'm getting these from:
    http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram...criptions.html

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

153, final answer

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Awesome! Thanks for that. Both are pretty even as of now. To aid in resolving this, I highlighted each block descrption so I can visually see it and make it easier to sort out. If it's left alone it felt accurate enough with no need to change it's importance. Bold means it very accurate for me. If it's red it's completely dead on. If it's grey then it's not accurate or in some way incorrect. It's also worth noting the attention to detail bit. In some contexts, yes I am amazing with orientation to detail. In others? I freaking suck ass at it even with experience.

If you are a 135, you are diligent, focused and knowledgeable. You want to be ethical, efficient and wise. Highly rational, you seek systems and procedures. Detail oriented, you like mathematical concepts and finding ways to breakdown and understand complex material. You are very precise and good with your hands.

Your life mission is to be focused and to use your powers of observation to achieve goals. A true technical expert, you feel happiest when you use your knowledge and precision skills to create, achieve and teach.

You can be so focused on what you perceive is accurate, effective and logical that you can appear to be cold and distant. Your attention to detail is so critical in your life that the key is to recognize that it governs your decisions.

1-3-5 : a rather ambitious, elitist and goal-oriented One, very hard-working and somewhat intellectually arrogant. They rarely show their feelings and therefore they usually seem cold and very self-assured. These Ones are generally well-read, well-mannered and quite intellectually refined: they like to impress others with their intelligence, wisdom and irreproachable work.
    usual subtypes: social, self-preserving, 1w9
    similar tritypes: 1-5-3, 3-1-5, 5-1-3
    flavours: competent, intellectual, ambitious and refined

--------------------------------------------

If you are a 145, you are diligent, intuitive, and knowledgeable. You want to be ethical, original and wise. Highly intellectual, you are focused on what you perceive is correct and above reproach. Research oriented, you seek and quote the opinions of experts to avoid being seen as ignorant.

Your life mission is to study and learn as much as you can and then teach the wisdom of what you have learned to others. A true researcher, you are happiest using your investigative skills.

You can be so identified with the information that you have gathered and the correct way of doing things that you feel exhausted and can appear to be a persnickety know it all.

1-4-5 : a rather introverted and withdrawn One, more creative, original and abstract than most. Prefers the realm of imagination and has very high ideals and standards, especially in what concerns romantic relationships. They’re harder to get to know because they can be very reserved, moody and somewhat picky. They have artistic inclinations and can be quite whimsical and creative. Tend to feel overwhelmed by the real world and hide in their own perfect worlds of fantasy. Prone to bouts of existential depression.
    usual subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 1w9
    similar tritypes: 1-5-4, 4-1-5
    flavours: solitary, melancholic, critical and whimsical

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    If you have a 3 fix combined with 1, you'll have a workaholic attitude and, with presence of 5, an air of intellectualism.

If you have a 4 fix combined with 5, you'll have a highly dark negativist/pessimist and, in some cases (when depressed), nihilistic introvert (2 withdrawn types)
    This is interesting. I wrestle with the idea of a workaholic. I feel super lazy a lot of the time, like I don't work hard enough and I always want to rest, but at the same time everyone around me thinks I work a ton. I am in graduate school (going for a PhD in organic chemistry), so I do work A LOT all the time. But it's at the upper limit of what I can do so compared to many hear I don't work as hard. But it's partly because of much more complex issues I don't have time to get into. But, I still do well, and compared to the rest of the world I work a lot. So I am not sure, and yeah I do have an intelleculism air. I have had it since early childhood.

When I get depressed I definitely go nihilistic introvert, no doubts there. However, I do not have a highly dark pessimistic persona. I am an optimist at my core, and I'll put on rose colored glasses to keep floating a good chunk of the time (cause I have to). I have however taught myself to be a realist, and as such it's made me a lot less optimistic, but not a pessimist.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    153, final answer
    Reading through the descriptions of that, that seems to fit really well as well. I also looked at 154 and that fit really well too, but it didn't leap out at me quite as strongly as the others. It makes sense that all of them align with me. All of the traits are there and the order of them just highlights different aspects of myself.

What makes you think that 5 shows up before 3? Or is it more of a gut thing that just sort of feels right.

I did the highlighting thing here too, and out of all of them I think this actually has the most highlights.

1-5-3 : usually introverted and elitist, prefer the scientific approach in nearly everything they do. These Ones appear colder and very self-certain but can be rather sensitive and fearful on the inside. Are afraid of failure and not meeting the expectations of others, mainly because they think they do not have enough resources for all their projects. They are hard-working, thorough and very meticulous and their work is usually impeccable. These Ones are particularly intellectual, knowledgeable and objective.
    usual subtypes: self-preserving, social 1w9
    similar tritypes: 1-3-5, 5-1-3, 3-1-5
    flavours: cerebral, scientific, meticulous and objective

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Let's try a better approach that will most likely figure this out quickly. The tritype system is supposed to be organized by how you cope with stress based on the Assertive (8,7,3, hence 873 is triple assertive), Withdrawing (4,5,9, hence 459 is triple withdrawing), and Complying Triads (1,2,6, hence 126 is triple complying).

In the case of the 135, you have complying/assertive/withdrawing, a relatively healthy combination, especially since it accounts for the Super-Ego (1), the Ego (5), and the Id (3).

The 135, when faced with a problem/stress, would possess the first instinct of trying to compromise to settle the problem morally/ethically/justly (Type 1 compliance) and quickly so that it doesn't draw out. If the 1 coping mechanism fails, you switch to Type 3's coping mechanism of assertion. The 3 uses its vice of deceit to outwit/deceive/politic their way to victory fueled by the unconscious (Id) drive to win at all costs. If the 3 coping mechanism fails, you switch to Type 5's coping mechanism of withdrawing, which can either be literally in the form of leaving the problem altogether to keep yourself safe (5 fear of being unprepared) or 5's vice of Non-Attachment, which can manifest itself as a literal parting from emotion.

The 145 isn't as healthy as 135 in terms of balance, it is complying/withdrawing/withdrawing, and possesses 2 Ego types (4 and 5) and 1 Super-Ego type (1), meaning that the Id is ignored a little bit.

The first instinct of the 145 when faced with a problem/stress is the same as the 135 with the need for moral compromise and just decision-making by the 1. If that fails, however, then the 145 withdraws to protect its somewhat covered up sensitivity of the 4, which tries to work out its emotions or inversely heighten his or her negative emotions to help combat the stress (usually seen in a sx 4 or 4 with 8), and if that doesn't work it turns to the 5 and acts just the same as the 135 in the same state.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Let's try a better approach that will most likely figure this out quickly. The tritype system is supposed to be organized by how you cope with stress based on the Assertive (8,7,3, hence 873 is triple assertive), Withdrawing (4,5,9, hence 459 is triple withdrawing), and Complying Triads (1,2,6, hence 126 is triple complying).

In the case of the 135, you have complying/assertive/withdrawing, a relatively healthy combination, especially since it accounts for the Super-Ego (1), the Ego (5), and the Id (3).

The 135, when faced with a problem/stress, would possess the first instinct of trying to compromise to settle the problem morally/ethically/justly (Type 1 compliance) and quickly so that it doesn't draw out. If the 1 coping mechanism fails, you switch to Type 3's coping mechanism of assertion. The 3 uses its vice of deceit to outwit/deceive/politic their way to victory fueled by the unconscious (Id) drive to win at all costs. If the 3 coping mechanism fails, you switch to Type 5's coping mechanism of withdrawing, which can either be literally in the form of leaving the problem altogether to keep yourself safe (5 fear of being unprepared) or 5's vice of Non-Attachment, which can manifest itself as a literal parting from emotion.

The 145 isn't as healthy as 135 in terms of balance, it is complying/withdrawing/withdrawing, and possesses 2 Ego types (4 and 5) and 1 Super-Ego type (1), meaning that the Id is ignored a little bit.

The first instinct of the 145 when faced with a problem/stress is the same as the 135 with the need for moral compromise and just decision-making by the 1. If that fails, however, then the 145 withdraws to protect its somewhat covered up sensitivity of the 4, which tries to work out its emotions or inversely heighten his or her negative emotions to help combat the stress (usually seen in a sx 4 or 4 with 8), and if that doesn't work it turns to the 5 and acts just the same as the 135 in the same state.

This interesting, because I do both. Ultimately though... I think I do the 3 coping a little more than the 4 coping. However, they are very very linked, which the wing would explain. If I hit a stress, I definitely deal with 1, then if it fails I do definitely go to 3. I absolutely will deceit my way through things. Which can actually drive my 1 side nuts, but if the ends justify the means and no one is harmed, I'll do it. I'm not proud of it, but I have gotten far from being able to spin doctor and use "poltics and wit" with things to avoid stress. I'm incredibly detailed with it too and don't get caught doing it. What's interesting though, is I use negative emotions to bolster it, and how I feel a la 4 type stuff is always part of it. I definitely will heighten negative emotions to cope (it makes NO sense, but I do it can't always stop it but I do try). However doing that by itself is completely useless to me and defeats the purpose of doing it in the first place.

And yep, a literal parting from emotions is what happens if things go along too long. Last ditch is to just withdraw. I think we have a winner! 1w2 - 3w4 - 5w6. sp/sx fits with this too with 3 there. Also I just need to take a moment that I have a nice neat pretty 123456 count going on (I just noticed and it made me laugh. Even my type looks organized! ).

Thank you so much for your help good sir . Tis much appreciated.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp