User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 27

  1. #11
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    I'm good at keeping my own needs and desires over others. I'm very careful and cautious to protect myself. Self-oriented
    I'm good at being apart of groups, engaging many people at once, and will stand up for my group
    I'm good at talking to people one-on-one. I make intense connections with people and can form friendships with people fast one-on-one.
    If these 3 fairly shitty descriptions are anywhere near accurate, then this suggests so/sp/sx instinct.

    Does this description sound anything close to who you are? Look at this objectively, don't idealize traits you don't possess.

    [hidden] are very self reliant. They are frequently entrepreneurial; the self-preservational instinct combines with the social to make a subtype that is very focused on the external environment. [hidden] are the least dramatic of type [hidden]. They are “no nonsense” types. They can be introverted, especially when the [hidden] wing is dominant. But, even though they are often quiet, they are very much in control of themselves and their direction in life. On the high side, they make great business owners. They show a sense of fairness and have an instinctual drive to do what needs to be done. They know how to make decisions and aren’t afraid to implement them. Because the [hidden] instinct is last, they can sometimes be seen as difficult to warm up to. They can be seen as “all business.”

    This type has a tendency to see relationships as somehow “getting in the way.” While they may desire a close romantic relationship, they don’t want it if it is at the expense of their self-pres needs. They can appear [hidden] in this way, as they are concerned about the demands a relationship might make on their time.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    I do it to dull my senses
    This suggests more Type 9 influence.

  3. #13
    Senior Member OptoGypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    This suggests more Type 9 influence.
    Senses as in hallucinations because I get bored of the real world, not for stress reasons, the question confused me in that they can both be linked with stress depending on the context that it is put in. So I don't do drugs for stress reasons I do it because I easily get bored with what my eyes see and what I experience on a day to day basis

  4. #14
    Senior Member OptoGypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    If these 3 fairly shitty descriptions are anywhere near accurate, then this suggests so/sp/sx instinct.

    Does this description sound anything close to who you are? Look at this objectively, don't idealize traits you don't possess.

    [hidden] are very self reliant. They are frequently entrepreneurial; the self-preservational instinct combines with the social to make a subtype that is very focused on the external environment. [hidden] are the least dramatic of type [hidden]. They are “no nonsense” types. They can be introverted, especially when the [hidden] wing is dominant. But, even though they are often quiet, they are very much in control of themselves and their direction in life. On the high side, they make great business owners. They show a sense of fairness and have an instinctual drive to do what needs to be done. They know how to make decisions and aren’t afraid to implement them. Because the [hidden] instinct is last, they can sometimes be seen as difficult to warm up to. They can be seen as “all business.”

    This type has a tendency to see relationships as somehow “getting in the way.” While they may desire a close romantic relationship, they don’t want it if it is at the expense of their self-pres needs. They can appear [hidden] in this way, as they are concerned about the demands a relationship might make on their time.
    "They are frequently entrepreneurial; the self-preservational instinct combines with the social to make a subtype that is very focused on the external environment. [hidden] are the least dramatic of type [hidden]. They are “no nonsense” types. They can be introverted, especially when the [hidden] wing is dominant. But, even though they are often quiet, they are very much in control of themselves and their direction in life" I agree with this part in that I'm quite, not into drama and i'm quite. From what people have told me they see me as the really chill guy that doesn't have any worries and comes up with the funniest things when people least expect it.

    They show a sense of fairness and have an instinctual drive to do what needs to be done. They know how to make decisions and aren’t afraid to implement them. Because the [hidden] instinct is last, they can sometimes be seen as difficult to warm up to. They can be seen as “all business.” Am I doing things on my own standards or standards that someone else has created. I create my own standards and fulfill them, my view on the status quo is Fuck the status quo we need to change the system, better ourselves and stop thinking that things are perfect because they aren't. Shit is being poured down from the 20% asses to the 80% and for some fucked up reason they want "the idiots who can't think for themselves" to consume it like it was a chocolate waterfall. I'm all business in that I do have goals in life and I will do my best to accomplish these goals but not because I feel obliged to do it but because I find the accomplishing of objectives to be entertaining.

    "This type has a tendency to see relationships as somehow “getting in the way.” While they may desire a close romantic relationship, they don’t want it if it is at the expense of their self-pres needs. They can appear [hidden] in this way, as they are concerned about the demands a relationship might make on their time." Yeah my view on that is behind every great man is a great woman and behind every great woman is a... Brainy is the new Sexy.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    "They are frequently entrepreneurial; the self-preservational instinct combines with the social to make a subtype that is very focused on the external environment. [hidden] are the least dramatic of type [hidden]. They are “no nonsense” types. They can be introverted, especially when the [hidden] wing is dominant. But, even though they are often quiet, they are very much in control of themselves and their direction in life" I agree with this part in that I'm quite, not into drama and i'm quite. From what people have told me they see me as the really chill guy that doesn't have any worries and comes up with the funniest things when people least expect it.

    They show a sense of fairness and have an instinctual drive to do what needs to be done. They know how to make decisions and aren’t afraid to implement them. Because the [hidden] instinct is last, they can sometimes be seen as difficult to warm up to. They can be seen as “all business.” Am I doing things on my own standards or standards that someone else has created. I create my own standards and fulfill them, my view on the status quo is Fuck the status quo we need to change the system, better ourselves and stop thinking that things are perfect because they aren't. Shit is being poured down from the 20% asses to the 80% and for some fucked up reason they want "the idiots who can't think for themselves" to consume it like it was a chocolate waterfall. I'm all business in that I do have goals in life and I will do my best to accomplish these goals but not because I feel obliged to do it but because I find the accomplishing of objectives to be entertaining.

    "This type has a tendency to see relationships as somehow “getting in the way.” While they may desire a close romantic relationship, they don’t want it if it is at the expense of their self-pres needs. They can appear [hidden] in this way, as they are concerned about the demands a relationship might make on their time." Yeah my view on that is behind every great man is a great woman and behind every great woman is a... Brainy is the new Sexy.
    Well that's a popular 8w9 sp/so description. Would you say that this is you, similar, or not at all?

  6. #16
    Senior Member OptoGypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Well that's a popular 8w9 sp/so description. Would you say that this is you, similar, or not at all?
    Did I sound like an 8/9 sp/so I honestly think I have 7 in me as I didn't create a fake personality, I got 8w9, 9w8 on the test which confused me it's why I created the thread. Sp/So are serious and reserved, i'm not serious. I'm reserved in that I don't like getting emotional or sentimental. I make penis blow faces during class and scream out west side while making gang signs as I create a joke out of something serious in class and in the end I say something deep and come out impressing the class and the professor. My Sociology Professor told the class that if we where to have a party at his house he would keep his eyes on me as I was the one who would spike the punch.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    he
    Did I sound like an 8/9 sp/so I honestly think I have 7 in me as I didn't create a fake personality, I got 8w9, 9w8 on the test which confused me it's why I created the thread.
    I'm not entirely sure if you know that the Enneagram does have a tritype system, and that you can have both 7 and 8 in your trifix.

    In the case of an 8w9 - 7w8 - ?w? (probably 3w2, doubt you're anywhere near 4, but I could be wrong), the 8 core type is enhanced by the 7w8 to create a more fun-loving 8, one that isn't as strict but is still very guarded and assertive. (BTW, if you didn't know, trifixes can only contain a gut fix, a heart fix, and a head fix, so if your 8w9 is more dominant than 9w8, then 8w9 is your gut fix)

  8. #18
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    Did I sound like an 8/9 sp/so I honestly think I have 7 in me as I didn't create a fake personality, I got 8w9, 9w8 on the test which confused me it's why I created the thread. Sp/So are serious and reserved, i'm not serious. I'm reserved in that I don't like getting emotional or sentimental. I make penis blow faces during class and scream out west side while making gang signs as I create a joke out of something serious in class and in the end I say something deep and come out impressing the class and the professor. My Sociology Professor told the class that if we where to have a party at his house he would keep his eyes on me as I was the one who would spike the punch.
    Alright. Let's break this down completely. Doing hilarious things, while very funny and 7-ish, is still not particularly indicative of any type, but I will say that you seem id type driven (types 3,7,8).

    Type 7 - flighty, anxious-nervous energy, running to the outside world out of fear of boredom/non-indulgence, needs new experiences.
    Type 8 - controlled, confident energy, protecting inner world (some refer to it as "the inner child"), needs independence.

    Compare -
    Both 8 and 7 are extroverted, they are id types driven by impulses in the unconscious, they aren't very intellectual (as in the stereotype of the book nerd sitting in a library silently devouring 30 encyclopedias, 7 and 8s are often very intelligent).

    Contrast -
    8 disintegration to 5, when you are extremely stressed past your breaking point, if you are an 8, you will see yourself acting like a 5. You will withdraw from the world around you and become highly antagonistic to anyone who dares try and "manipulate" you. Direct explicitness to assure independence (whether it be verbal or physically violent).

    7 disintegration to 1, when you are extremely stressed past your breaking point, you become highly impulsive and attempt to over-indulge in experiences to give you the characteristic energy rush of the 7's stimulation being met. Unhealthy 7's don't feel satiated by their experiences because they are often ridiculous and gained at great lengths. You also become highly critical of other people, pointing out there flaws and shortcomings to their face.

  9. #19
    Senior Member OptoGypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if you know that the Enneagram does have a tritype system, and that you can have both 7 and 8 in your trifix.

    In the case of an 8w9 - 7w8 - ?w? (probably 3w2, doubt you're anywhere near 4, but I could be wrong), the 8 core type is enhanced by the 7w8 to create a more fun-loving 8, one that isn't as strict but is still very guarded and assertive. (BTW, if you didn't know, trifixes can only contain a gut fix, a heart fix, and a head fix, so if your 8w9 is more dominant than 9w8, then 8w9 is your gut fix)
    So one from 1,2,3,4 one from 5,6,7 and one from 8,9. 8-7-2 or 7-8-2?

  10. #20
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    So one from 1,2,3,4 one from 5,6,7 and one from 8,9. I'd with 8-7-3
    Actually it's one from 2,3,4 (heart fix/shame), one from 5,6,7 (head fix/anxiety), and one from 8,9,1 (gut fix/anger)

    8-7-2


    8-7-3

Similar Threads

  1. LOOKING FOR HoT sExY mOchA thAT LoVeS TO dANCE!! ♥
    By Spirit in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 11:19 PM
  2. Replies: 73
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 04:37 PM
  3. [MBTItm] How to sustain a conversation that you have no interest in?
    By BlackOp in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 10:32 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 10:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO