• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type myself?

yeghor

If I keep on the track I was on... achieving my goals would be difficult. Because I will always have to deal with people.

My guess is the third function in your cognitive functions, your Fe inferior (the first and second strongest are usually referred to as dominant function (dom) and auxillary function (aux) here in the forum), is starting to develop...

Is it like the guy's stroking her ego (like praising her, calling her beautiful, sexy, [insert positive adjective]? And does she seem to be aware of that happening?

So does her interactions feel more naturally flowing whereas yours feel more "mechanical/artificial"...?

but I'm painfully aware that the outer world can be easily controlled... so many people are just oblivious to it or lazy.

Controlled how for instance? Te control is much more straightforward (overt)...Is it thru more covert (undercover/subtle) means?

How did you develop this distrust in people's reliability (in terms of information/knowledge)?

The achievement thing...is it like as if you have just solved a puzzle or mystery?

-In relation to other people around... I truly fear having to rely on them. It makes me anxious or irritates me sometimes when I know they are incorrect yet they are unaware of it and proud. Especially when it's someone who should know what they are talking about. And I'm just... "this is the best humanity has to offer?"... "please, let the answer to that be no.".

Do you have an irritation towards being (not necessarily permanently) put under or having to submit to someone else's authority (like the college dean, professor, security personnel)?...or abiding by the rules that you deem unnecessary/trivial?

-i have this friend who tested ISFJ. and sometimes she would say I said certain things that I can't remember. But with further probing... sometimes a feeling would bubble up and I would get the thought that yeah... I said those things. So... I can't explain it. I would just tell my friend that I don't remember though... it's easier. :shrug:

Do you feel that you kinda live in the moment and do not dwell too much on the past?

[Based on a real description by RL friend] Does it feel like multiple people/voices are holding a conference in your head when concentrating on an issue? Like several ideas/perspectives are rushing/racing in your mind simultaneously?

That same friend also has a habit of forgetting (or putting behind) what he has said in earlier instances...It feels to me as if his mind is geared towards short term, fast and deadly accurate analysis of whatever situation is intriguing him at that specific moment and is then discarded/forgotten when it ceases to amaze/intrigue him any longer...

I believe as you age (like 26-27) your Fe-inf will get more stronger and you'll find yourself to be able to feel the pulse of people much better (like what triggers them, what makes them happy, laugh etc.) and you'll be able to conjure up witty stories in an instant that will make whatever crowd you are with at the moment burst into laughter...You'll also find that it can also be used to hurt and/or drive people away, sadly...

...I shut my friend out. And then the next thing I heard was my friend saying "Hey, you suddenly stopped talking. What happened?". It's like I mentally vacated the premises.

Like a hiding spot in your mind that you take refuge in?

2.) When my grandmother shared my room. She would tell stories... a lot of them. And I would just lie there in bed... with actual tightening in my chest... wishing that she would just stop.

Could it be you are irritated by too much sensory information (like talking, detailed descriptions of events...)? Perhaps your bra [MENTION=20862]look.sky.ward[/MENTION] Oops this is the remnant of an unfinished thought I guess...can't remember where I was going with that though? :mellow:

Were you irritated more by their unreliability or lack of qualification or by their small talk and chit chat? What negative thought popped into your mind to make you leave them? Did you fear that you were losing control and would act irrationally?

-------------

And a few more "weird" questions from me? :)

Do you have a habit of not tying your shoe laces or not really giving a damn about what you wear?

Are you irritated by being hugged or close contact?

Last edited:

yeghor

Offensive how?

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is it like the guy's stroking her ego (like praising her, calling her beautiful, sexy, [insert positive adjective]? And does she seem to be aware of that happening?

So does her interactions feel more naturally flowing whereas yours feel more "mechanical/artificial"...?

Yeah... flirting is what it's called. It felt like they had an understanding and I wasn't in on it. I was aware though that all of it was bs... so I didn't pursue it.

I've read some more about Fi... it says...
"It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words."

When I initially meet a person... the most I could rely on is their vibe. Like... this guy feels heavy or that girl is closed... or just something is off about this person. I've learned to not use these kinds of descriptions because people are confused by them. I still use this though secretly in choosing who I would want to deal with... of course I supplement these gut feelings with data from my interactions with them. when I try to remember a friend. It's their vibe that is most vivid to me.

Controlled how for instance? Te control is much more straightforward (overt)...Is it thru more covert (undercover/subtle) means?

Like I directly try to control my environment. I don't control everything but the ones I can... I try to. I mentioned I like to build things... same with organizing and coming up with plans. It's nice to look at what I've done (finished product)... like looking at a masterpiece.

How did you develop this distrust in people's reliability (in terms of information/knowledge)?

The achievement thing...is it like as if you have just solved a puzzle or mystery?

because I've seen with my own eyes people's fallibility. I've dealt with so many people who thought better of themselves but the reality was contradictory... and as I've learned more about the world. This is often the case.
most of the time i know more... i have more data cause I continue my research, I'm continually learning... while most people allow themselves to stagnate.

Do you have an irritation towards being (not necessarily permanently) put under or having to submit to someone else's authority (like the college dean, professor, security personnel)?...or abiding by the rules that you deem unnecessary/trivial?

I have no problem being governed as long as the governance makes sense.

Do you feel that you kinda live in the moment and do not dwell too much on the past?

it's kind of different now... because I've started to train myself to focus on the present. but I daydream a lot about the future. the things i could do. but I know now that without being grounded on reality... those dreams will never enter the realm of reality.

[Based on a real description by RL friend] Does it feel like multiple people/voices are holding a conference in your head when concentrating on an issue? Like several ideas/perspectives are rushing/racing in your mind simultaneously?
hmm... not really. i usually just sit there and wait for something to happen. when I want to understand an issue... i read and read and read and reaaad and contemplate... and then... something will just hit me. a different perspective... or a new idea. usually it's something obvious that people surprisingly couldn't see, then I would have the pleasure of pointing it out.

That same friend also has a habit of forgetting (or putting behind) what he has said in earlier instances...It feels to me as if his mind is geared towards short term, fast and deadly accurate analysis of whatever situation is intriguing him at that specific moment and is then discarded/forgotten when it ceases to amaze/intrigue him any longer...

I believe as you age (like 26-27) your Fe-inf will get more stronger and you'll find yourself to be able to feel the pulse of people much better (like what triggers them, what makes them happy, laugh etc.) and you'll be able to conjure up witty stories in an instant that will make whatever crowd you are with at the moment burst into laughter...You'll also find that it can also be used to hurt and/or drive people away, sadly...
-hah! wit is a quality i would very much like to possess.

Like a hiding spot in your mind that you take refuge in?
it was like everything vanished. it's something that has happened to me several times before(like when im focusing on something). the world completely vanishes.

Could it be you are irritated by too much sensory information (like talking, detailed descriptions of events...)? Perhaps your bra

but i wasn't wearing a bra o_O jk

Were you irritated more by their unreliability or lack of qualification or by their small talk and chit chat? What negative thought popped into your mind to make you leave them? Did you fear that you were losing control and would act irrationally? -that they would affect my grade. i had a goal then... of getting a good grade at the end of that semester. :blush: i just didn't want to deal with the... err... nonsense. I don't know... I felt claustrophobic... in the last two examples... my chest literally tightened. :shrug:

-------------
And a few more "weird" questions from me? :)

Do you have a habit of not tying your shoe laces or not really giving a damn about what you wear?

Are you irritated by being hugged or close contact?

I choose shoes that don't have shoelaces... cause they are a hazard and I don't want to have to tie them every time. lol I give a damn a little... about what I wear. Eheh.

Close contact is okay. But I'm not used to it. I don't mind it.

that's a lot of questions. haha!

yeghor

It's OK if you don't answer some of these questions as they may be intruding upon your privacy...:newwink:

This^ could be Ni analyzing sensory data as well...:unsure:

*Give an example to controlling your environment please, like something you do frequently?

*What about controlling people?

I have no problem being governed as long as the governance makes sense.

*What makes sense and what doesn't? What if it doesn't? What do you do then? How do you cope?

*What's most recurring daydream/theme?

Would you consider yourself an introvert? Are you energized with being around people or on your own? I am have, in your case, started leaning more towards introversion...

but i wasn't wearing a bra o_O jk

Sorry...it was a typo...:D

-------

Well, I am confused now...:unsure: Did you take any tests?

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I am confused now...:unsure: Did you take any tests?

Yeah. Online tests... the first result I got was INTP. Afterward, I got varied results.

I'll answer the rest of the questions tomorrow! It's late here. And I would like for my answers to be thought through. :D

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*Give an example to controlling your environment please, like something you do frequently?

*What about controlling people?

1.) My day. I usually time my day... estimating how much time a certain activity would take. And then I prioritize them in order. With things... I have customized certain furnitures, and organized certain things in accordance to a personal categorization(like how much I use the item, or what kind they are).

2.) With people... um. There was this one kid who I thought was bored and needed a little push to do that thing I knew she wanted to do. So... I provided her the reason. And now she's excited to finally be allowed to do that thing. My grandmother as well... I wanted her to get me these delicious looking biscuits. So I did something... and then she got me the biscuits.

I used to control people like that but not that much anymore... cause... I feel evil when I do.

*What makes sense and what doesn't? What if it doesn't? What do you do then? How do you cope?

- it would make sense if it meets its goal. a governance that intends to promote or achieve something, if it's successful in doing that without the bs... then I would be fine with it. at work is a good example for this... there are a lot of rules that are, to me, extraneous. so I don't have much deference toward my supervisors. what i do though... since i don't have much choice... is just figure out how to make things efficient for me. my goal with my supervisors is for them to see me as competent so in the future... i can write them down as a reference for my job applications.

*What's most recurring daydream/theme?

- i have these plans that i want to carry out in the future... regarding the legacy that i want to leave this earth. err. :blush:

Would you consider yourself an introvert? Are you energized with being around people or on your own? I am have, in your case, started leaning more towards introversion...

-aye! me too. i'm only energized if the exposure is not protracted. otherwise, i'm exhausted.

Alea_iacta_est

ahaha! :newwink: that's a good thing, i hope.

That's actually because I'm a mix of mostly INTJ, a little ENTP, and a little INFJ, function-wise.

You are closer to the textbook stereotype of the INTJ. Your extroverted thinking is clearly defined and aided by a dominant introverted intuition that can easily be seen through your thinking style.

yeghor

I beg to differ...

You remind me of a long-term ENTP friend of mine...He was much more introverted till he was 25-26 (i.e. till he fully developed Fe-aux inf)...He also still believes he's an INTJ but is too lively and a centre of the crowd/conversation type to be an INTJ...notwithstanding the capabilities of the INTJs...:)

So my guess is that you are an ENTP with a developing Fe...Try not to get too cocky when your faith in your abilities to charm get stronger in about 5 years or so...and hold onto your trusted friends...;)

All the best :hug:

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I beg to differ...

You remind me of a long-term ENTP friend of mine...He was much more introverted till he was 25-26 (i.e. till he fully developed Fe-aux inf)...He also still believes he's an INTJ but is too lively and a centre of the crowd/conversation type to be an INTJ...notwithstanding the capabilities of the INTJs...:)

So my guess is that you are an ENTP with a developing Fe...Try not to get too cocky when your faith in your abilities to charm get stronger in about 5 years or so...and hold onto your trusted friends...;)

All the best :hug:

Could you point out specifically what in my responses led you to this conclusion? And the specific cognitive functions I was using and provide a definition for them for comparison. I would like to understand more. :)

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's actually because I'm a mix of mostly INTJ, a little ENTP, and a little INFJ, function-wise.

You are closer to the textbook stereotype of the INTJ. Your extroverted thinking is clearly defined and aided by a dominant introverted intuition that can easily be seen through your thinking style.

so your use of the functions is close to the middle, i'm assuming. that seemed to be the case with me in the beginning as well. i took mal12345's test and i got INTJ, INFJ, and INFP in my top three... with INTJ barely ahead of INFJ by four points. By any chance, is there a website you can recommend with an accurate description of the types and the cognitive functions?

badger055

Permabanned
Just from a blind read of your signature and some of your posts INFJ 9 social dom.

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just from a blind read of your signature and some of your posts INFJ 9 social dom.

could you provide more details? im somewhat new to mbti and even more with enneagram.

badger055

Permabanned
could you provide more details? im somewhat new to mbti and even more with enneagram.

Well I get the 'we are all connected to the universe' vibe from your signature. That's an INFJ thing. Ni is big picture and Fe is concerned with people.

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I get the 'we are all connected to the universe' vibe from your signature. That's an INFJ thing. Ni is big picture and Fe is concerned with people.

To be honest, I just picked that siggy cause i wanted to have something there. I was playing with my profile page... because it's not showing up for some reason. it says i'm not registered. but i was hoping you'd point something out about my previous posts.

badger055

Permabanned
To be honest, I just picked that siggy cause i wanted to have something there. I was playing with my profile page... because it's not showing up for some reason. it says i'm not registered. but i was hoping you'd point something out about my previous posts.

Nope just your sig. I find that more reliable than information you cherry picked about yourself.

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope just your sig. I find that more reliable than information you cherry picked about yourself.

Okay. It's one of the types I've considered. Although, I'm leaning away from it because I'm not warm and a few other descriptions listed for the type. I can relate with some though. I suspect this might be because I'm borderline F/T. I appreciate the input.

Edit:
Okay... I went to an INFJ thread...... and I can say now with conviction... No. *shivers* I'm kind but not THAT kind. That's what my siggy reminds you of? Ugh.