User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 71

  1. #21
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I think Te is more concerned about how you envision your insights would fit into/re-structure the external world/object you are dealing with...I also associate it with the ability to convey your thoughts to the external world in a precise manner (like being articulate)...I lack Te so I pause or dwell on what to say precisely too much while I talk...I can do that much better in writing...Though that's just my "assumption" on Te...

    I also do datamining as an INFJ but I use Ti to analyze that data internally and then pass it onto Ni so that Ni can squeeze a pattern out of the accumulated/mined and analyzed data...

    I suspect she's a different type than INTJ...
    The fact that OP is actively searching in the environment for information and prefers it over trying to make sense of it suggests Te>Ti. Te is trying to find evidence from the outside world to justify claims, Ti is trying to find evidence by trying to make sense of collected perception data and figure out how things work subjectively to justify claims. Te is preferred in this case.

    Everything in bold is Te:

    3.) Te vs Ti: when I'm researching or learning something new. The best way for me to understand it would be through... adding more information to the new information(the internet helps with this). After I've collected enough data... I'll attempt to understand the basic, underlying principle of something... when I do... I can then just apply it to everything else. There is a pattern, I suppose, that I automatically look for. It helps a lot also to imagine how that information is relevant to what I'm going to use it for. Most of the time, I don't like asking people to teach me things... I prefer doing my own research or figuring things out myself. Then after thinking about it... i'll know. I don't know which it is... cause doing own research seems(i like to personalize my knowledge)Ti, but I look for it external facts (I write them down... organize them when I can... when I'm reading a book I like to write facts I consider relevant on it, I time myself... err. I also think of applying this information, so, once upon a time I've dreamt of changing the world single-handedly) which is Te.

  2. #22
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    How come I do the bolded parts myself as well then?

    In a losing argument... I will use "uncertainty" to distract my opponent... and throw many, many ideas or possible scenarios for the purpose of having them lose focus. I'm really good at that.
    I am familiar with this strategy that OP mentioned...too familiar infact...I don't do that...Do you do that^?

  3. #23
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    How come I do the bolded parts myself as well then?



    I am familiar with this strategy that OP mentioned...too familiar infact...I don't do that...Do you do that^?
    Not usually, I place emphasis on Te and try to win an argument at all costs using external information the other person doesn't possess. This sounds like the usage of Ne, which would appear when an Ni dom is under extreme stress or in dire need of assistance to pull through something. The current plan of action created by Ni is failing, and thus OP must fall back on the dominant shadow function, which is just as strong as the normal dominant function, but unpreferred and used only when necessary.

  4. #24
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Not usually, I place emphasis on Te and try to win an argument at all costs using external information the other person doesn't possess. This sounds like the usage of Ne, which would appear when an Ni dom is under extreme stress or in dire need of assistance to pull through something. The current plan of action created by Ni is failing, and thus OP must fall back on the dominant shadow function, which is just as strong as the normal dominant function, but unpreferred and used only when necessary.
    I believe what OP described is a conscious/controlled use of Ne...My shadow Ne under stress I believe manifests itself as worst case scenarios about a dreaded future event...about how that event might turn out in the worst possible way...I cannot wield Ne in the way OP described to stun my opponent even when under stress...

    My guess at the moment is on Ne Ti Fe and you know what...

  5. #25
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I believe what OP described is a conscious/controlled use of Ne...My shadow Ne under stress I believe manifests itself as worst case scenarios about a dreaded future event...about how that event might turn out in the worst possible way...I cannot wield Ne in the way OP described to stun my opponent even when under stress...

    My guess at the moment is on Ne Ti Fe and you know what...
    Well isn't that interesting.

    I'm willing to bet you can't use it to stun your opponents because it isn't backed by a selfish function like Ti.

  6. #26
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Well isn't that interesting.

    I'm willing to bet you can't use it to stun your opponents because it isn't backed by a selfish function like Ti.
    I got lost here sorry...Can you expand on that?

  7. #27
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I got lost here sorry...Can you expand on that?
    I had an insight. Ni is your dominant shadow function; you experience simulations of terrible outcomes to a situation when stressed out. A shadow Ne would make you bounce all over the place making haphazard connections and appear flightier and more disorganized than usual, much like an ENFP.

    The reason you identified with Te so much is because it's your tertiary function. I imagine the self-pres and dominant type 1 fix with a super-ego heavy trifix would make you seem very much like an INFJ despite.

  8. #28
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I had an insight. Ni is your dominant shadow function; you experience simulations of terrible outcomes to a situation when stressed out. A shadow Ne would make you bounce all over the place making haphazard connections and appear flightier and more disorganized than usual, much like an ENFP.

    The reason you identified with Te so much is because it's your tertiary function. I imagine the self-pres and dominant type 1 fix with a super-ego heavy trifix would make you seem very much like an INFJ despite.
    I agree with your sentiments. I have met ENFP's that have been mistyped as INFJ's before, and it's not all that common, if the individual assumes their introverted incorrectly, it fits because they have the same NFTS letter order, just inverted. Looking to the breakdown makes it a little more clear. Looking to an individuals tertiary function is pretty useful for figuring out what a person is.

    That said, wouldn't be really quite rate for an E1 to be an ENFP though? I mean it certainly can happen, but that isn't a typical mix by any stretch of the word.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  9. #29
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    No goddammit... They can be overruled with persuasion, discussion and an overriding amount of data that points to a different conclusion...

    I am just putting forward my conclusions and deductions...based on my currently available database, which is ever-changing and evolving...I may be mistaken or off in my deductions...I won't get any better if I do not put them forward though...
    So begin at the beginning. And the beginning of all this is with Jung. They are called Jungian Cognitive Functions for a good reason.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #30
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I agree with your sentiments. I have met ENFP's that have been mistyped as INFJ's before, and it's not all that common, if the individual assumes their introverted incorrectly, it fits because they have the same NFTS letter order, just inverted. Looking to the breakdown makes it a little more clear. Looking to an individuals tertiary function is pretty useful for figuring out what a person is.

    That said, wouldn't be really quite rate for an E1 to be an ENFP though? I mean it certainly can happen, but that isn't a typical mix by any stretch of the word.
    It's incredibly rare for an ENFP 1, almost as rare as an ENTP 4.

    From a description of ENXP 1s:
    Extroverted Intuition Types (ENTP and ENFP)
    Extroverted Intuition is essentially the opposite of Extroverted Sensing: instead of focusing on present information, Extroverted Intuition brainstorms a myriad number of possibilities that may or may not be true.

    ENxP Ones are the more flexible, abstract cousin of the ESxP Ones. Not as decisive as ESxP Ones, the ENxPs focus more on figuring out the right path through the consideration of multiple possibilities. ENTP Ones are more likely to do that through attention to specific detail (as Ti is their second function), and ENFP Ones are more likely to do that by looking at the essence of the situation (as Fi is their second function.) This aptitude for seeing multiple possibilities doesn't make them any less stubborn, however, as they may trust so strongly in their intuition that they will not budge when unhealthy.

Similar Threads

  1. Help Me Type Myself (Let's Try This Again)
    By maybetmp in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 12:36 AM
  2. Help me typing myself?
    By rubi2cube in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 03:29 AM
  3. Help me type myself! INTJ or ENTP (or what)?
    By sunako in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 04:51 PM
  4. Help me type myself?
    By mujigay in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 06:20 PM
  5. Please help me type myself.
    By Noon in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 11:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO