User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 71

  1. #11
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    So what function does this imply? "The past is useful to me... because I can learn from it. So I revisit it sometimes... to keep myself on a forward track."

    Also, what does "This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view." mean?

    Seems very Ni-ish. Si would say something more like "let's revisit the past because I'm sure the solution to the situation at hand is in here somewhere."

    I have no idea, maybe the person has selected a hide profile option?

  2. #12
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Because there must be some baseline that I am jumping forward from (extrapolating) but when I do that (jump forward) I do not vividly recall detailed past instances (Si data) that I use as baseline...

    I think my Ni have already converted those Si data into less memory consuming Ni essential patterns...So I am recalling those patterns rather than the lengthy Si data...I guess it's a storage efficiency trick my brain uses, like zipping/compressing files so that they'll take less space or using just symbol (Ni data) for a line of code that frequently repeats itself (Si data)...

    She on the other hand mentioned consciously recalling/revisiting past memories...Isn't that pure Si?

    What about my other question about her profile? What does it mean?
    I don't know what's wrong with the profile page. But Si is not to be confused with memory. Memory interacts with functions.

    Si-dom perceives one thing but sees quite another, something subjective. Fact-based perception is converted into a subjective, instinctually- or unconsciously-based fiction. Although fictional, it is easily recognizable by the non-Si dom when it is described. So it is not a fanciful abstraction as with the Ni-dom. But we non-Si doms don't habitually think that way. Si is the method of the archetypal thinker.

    This is difficult for us non-Si doms to comprehend, so we sometimes interpret it more easily as something memory-based.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #13
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Seems very Ni-ish. Si would say "let's revisit the past because I'm sure the solution to the situation at hand is in here somewhere."

    I have no idea, maybe the person has selected a hide profile option?
    I dwell on the past when I'm only in a bad mood (past traumas and failures) or I have an insight/flash (aha moment) about someone's actions in the past...in both cases the process is not consciously initiated but reflexive, I cannot control it...it just pops into mind...then I may dwell on it consciously further probably using Ti...

    Perhaps she's actually talking about Ti analyzing a past Si data? Ni just doesn't ring true for me...

  4. #14
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Just read the entire first post, OP seems sickeningly INTJ. Clear Ni > Si, Clear devaluing of Fe over Fi, textbook usage of Te through the gathering of information to find an underlying principle (which would be data mining via Te to be processed via Ni to seek the universal truth of the data). Awkward phrasing and definitions of Se with the whole noticing details thing yet still being a little confused about it suggests Se is in the inf. slot, and is thus baffling to the user.

  5. #15
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I've always associated it with ability to store and recall detailed accumulated and individually categorized sensory data...I believe Si-dom/aux people may have an aptitude to learn multiple languages much more easily or recall certain articles/text such as law/legislation very precisely...perhaps it may also be related to photographic memory...

    So I've always imagined a Si-dom (and perhaps an aux) recalling a past sensory data as if he/she was sensing it again in the present moment (like playing it back)...

    About "Si is the method of the archetypal thinker." Ti rings more true to me for a thinker and Si rings more true for a doer/implementor/executor...

  6. #16
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Just read the entire first post, OP seems sickeningly INTJ. Clear Ni > Si, Clear devaluing of Fe over Fi, textbook usage of Te through the gathering of information to find an underlying principle (which would be data mining via Te to be processed via Ni to seek the universal truth of the data). Awkward phrasing and definitions of Se with the whole noticing details thing yet still being a little confused about it suggests Se is in the inf. slot, and is thus baffling to the user.
    I think Te is more concerned about how you envision your insights would fit into/re-structure the external world/object you are dealing with...I also associate it with the ability to convey your thoughts to the external world in a precise manner (like being articulate)...I lack Te so I pause or dwell on what to say precisely too much while I talk...I can do that much better in writing...Though that's just my "assumption" on Te...

    I also do datamining as an INFJ but I use Ti to analyze that data internally and then pass it onto Ni so that Ni can squeeze a pattern out of the accumulated/mined and analyzed data...

    I suspect she's a different type than INTJ...

  7. #17
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I've always associated it with ability to store and recall detailed accumulated and individually categorized sensory data...I believe Si-dom/aux people may have an aptitude to learn multiple languages much more easily or recall certain articles/text such as law/legislation very precisely...perhaps it may also be related to photographic memory...

    So I've always imagined a Si-dom (and perhaps an aux) recalling a past sensory data as if he/she was sensing it again in the present moment (like playing it back)...

    About "Si is the method of the archetypal thinker." Ti rings more true to me for a thinker and Si rings more true for a doer/implementor/executor...
    This discussion boils down to one thing: imagining and associating what Si does, versus what Jung actually said Si does.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #18
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    This discussion boils down to one thing: imagining and associating what Si does, versus what Jung actually said Si does.
    What did he say about Si? And are his words set in stone?

  9. #19
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    What did he say about Si? And are his words set in stone?
    Are your associations set in stone?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #20
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Are your associations set in stone?
    No goddammit... They can be overruled with persuasion, discussion and an overriding amount of data that points to a different conclusion...

    I am just putting forward my conclusions and deductions...based on my currently available database, which is ever-changing and evolving...I may be mistaken or off in my deductions...I won't get any better if I do not put them forward though...

Similar Threads

  1. Help Me Type Myself (Let's Try This Again)
    By maybetmp in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 12:36 AM
  2. Help me typing myself?
    By rubi2cube in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 03:29 AM
  3. Help me type myself! INTJ or ENTP (or what)?
    By sunako in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 04:51 PM
  4. Help me type myself?
    By mujigay in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 06:20 PM
  5. Please help me type myself.
    By Noon in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 11:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO