• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Type Help: Can't Work Well With Others

kikat

I really need to learn my MBTI type to find out more about myself so I can work well with others.
I've always had a hard time getting along with others. Most of the jobs I've held have ended poorly. My worst traits? I can come across as aloof, hot/cold, opinionated, stubborn, blunt, etc. I know I hurt others' feelings with my sharp tongue, but most of the time I don't realize it. Then when I know I've hurt someone's feelings (or I've alienated them), I'll retreat into my small hole and shut out the rest of the co-workers because I'm paranoid. :wacko:
I was a teacher and that ended poorly. I alienated all of my co-workers for pretty much the same reasons. In my last job I was asked to do something that I knew was wrong and went against the rules and I refused to do it (on my first day as a brand new teacher!!!) No, I was not going to change test scores. The two veteran teachers did not take it well. When I was treated unfairly all year from one of the those teachers (long story, but I was unable to to my job properly) I took it upon my self to set up a one on one with the principal and her. That did not go over well. I hope I'm not sounding too whiny. I know it's not others. It's me. I'm the one with the problem. I know it.
Now it's happening in my new job. I wish people could see the person inside that is warm. The person who is passionate about animal rights and veganism. How I volunteer my time to helping sick animals in need, but for some reason I can't let people in. I need to come across as tough and not weak. I need to stay in control.
I know some people see that I have a heart. I was even nominated as an 'ambassador' for underprivileged children at my new job. It's not that I'm shy either. I was one of those girls who spoke up in a room of 100 students in college and blasted my professor for something that wasn't logical in my eyes (yeah, I wish I could take that one back). :rolleyes:
Obviously, I have no problems shooting my mouth off without thinking, yet then I can turn aloof. I can not talk for most of the shift, lost in my own world of fantasy and endless thoughts that I analyze to death. Then the next minute I'm spouting off opinions and talking my mouth off about things that interest me/or annoy me. I do tend to daze off when things don't interest me and people think I'm being rude. I do have problems staying in the present moment.
I really need to change my behavior, or learn more about my personality so I can work with others. This took a lot for me to be so honest with others about my shortcomings.My husband says I have a wall built up and that he wishes he could chip away the ice around my heart. He says I lack empathy (well, not for animals). Hey, I asked for honesty and I got it!
Maybe I'm just not meant to work with others? I'm so confused. I'm in my thirties. I'm not super young. I need to figure this out. I've taken the MBTI so many times and I can never seem to connect with a definitive type. Ugh, I need help. Thanks for listening.

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you taken an mbti test yet?