User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 52

  1. #1

    Default What's my type? (Socionics)

    So after utterly failing to type myself using MBTI, I've turned to Socionics. From watching my own behaviors and thoughts, here's what I can say about myself:

    - I'm pretty resistant to other people in that I don't trust/like being around them for extended periods of time. I guess it comes somewhat feeling threatened by other people. I need vast amounts of quiet alone time and I'll often leave my dorm room just to get away from my roommate. At the same time I crave deep emotional connections; particularly romantic connections. A lot of my depression comes from wanting a deep emotional connection with someone, but finding difficulty expressing that in a fluid manner.

    -I'm pretty serious and rigid. I have a sense of humor, but it's largely sarcastic and dry rather than silly or nonsensical. To be honest nonsensical humor just irritates me and people that are too goofy or silly irritate me as well.

    -I'm a very sensitive person, but upon first inspection you wouldn't guess that. Outwardly I'm pretty unemotional and cold. I can sometimes come off as dry, uncaring, or indifferent when I'm really quite emotional and caring. I guess my emotions just don't make it up to being expressed outwardly.

    -As an addition to the last point, when I do express my emotions, it's often very spontaneous and uncontrolled. I can go from unemotional to nervous wreck in seconds and back again, but most of the time I'm pretty unemotional and laid back. I've often heard people tell me that they didn't know that I could get angry or upset.

    -I'm incredibly imaginative and I have a complex inner world full of various abstractly related concepts, fantasies, characters, and stories. Most of my effort goes into exploring and refining that inner world. Most of my information comes from seeing how concepts relate to each other within this sort of "inner matrix" of ideas. It's really hard to explain. Most of my energy is devoted to this aspect of myself though, which is why I enjoy alone time.

    - I love to read about interesting concepts and theories, particularly abstract ones, and I love trying to take those concepts and integrate them into my inner...whatever it's called. The thing about my mind is that I don't know that I know things until I start talking about them, so I absorb tons of information on things because I feel like I don't know anything, only to discover later that I know much more about things than I think I do; sometimes through simply drawing connections between things or interpreting an abstract connection, I can know about things and talk about things without actually learning anything about them.


    If more info is needed, just ask! I'd love to hear what you think!

  2. #2
    window shopper Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,099

    Default

    I think LSI. Could be LII.

    I have a question though, is your intellectual/absract interest mostly a perosnal thing, ie something you keep to yourself, or do you push your abstractness onto others?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I think LSI. Could be LII.

    I have a question though, is your intellectual/absract interest mostly a perosnal thing, ie something you keep to yourself, or do you push your abstractness onto others?
    It depends on what you mean by pushing it onto others.

    Many of my abstract fantasies are intensely personal, but the vast majority of my theoretical/intellectual stuff I'm more than happy to discuss. I actually look forward to discussing how I think things work or why I think certain things happen. I also like sharing random facts with people...to their perpetual annoyance.

    But in regards to my internal fantasies, no one knows about that because I never mention it. The furthest I can get to saying that I push my abstractness onto others is in the way that I see connections that other people generally don't. I have a tendency of taking minor events and relating them to larger concepts or ideas....and when I do that some people are amazed, others are confused. I get quite upset when someone tells me that I'm wrong when I do that too, because I expect people to see how certain things connect to others and I always assume, to my detriment, that people can pick up on implications easily. Most people don't. Most of my emotional conflicts come from me thinking that people pick up on a lot of the feelings that I imply as I do for others, but they really don't.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sworm09 View Post
    -I'm a very sensitive person, but upon first inspection you wouldn't guess that. Outwardly I'm pretty unemotional and cold. I can sometimes come off as dry, uncaring, or indifferent when I'm really quite emotional and caring. I guess my emotions just don't make it up to being expressed outwardly.

    -As an addition to the last point, when I do express my emotions, it's often very spontaneous and uncontrolled. I can go from unemotional to nervous wreck in seconds and back again, but most of the time I'm pretty unemotional and laid back. I've often heard people tell me that they didn't know that I could get angry or upset.
    1D Fe... Dual-Seeking or PoLR, I have a feeling from the rest of your description that it's PoLR though


    -I'm incredibly imaginative and I have a complex inner world full of various abstractly related concepts, fantasies, characters, and stories. Most of my effort goes into exploring and refining that inner world. Most of my information comes from seeing how concepts relate to each other within this sort of "inner matrix" of ideas. It's really hard to explain. Most of my energy is devoted to this aspect of myself though, which is why I enjoy alone time.
    Ni-base?

    I could've said Ti but no because you're doing more than just Ti


    - I love to read about interesting concepts and theories, particularly abstract ones, and I love trying to take those concepts and integrate them into my inner...whatever it's called. The thing about my mind is that I don't know that I know things until I start talking about them, so I absorb tons of information on things because I feel like I don't know anything, only to discover later that I know much more about things than I think I do; sometimes through simply drawing connections between things or interpreting an abstract connection, I can know about things and talk about things without actually learning anything about them.
    Enneagram 5? Te-creative?



    Quote Originally Posted by sworm09 View Post
    But in regards to my internal fantasies, no one knows about that because I never mention it. The furthest I can get to saying that I push my abstractness onto others is in the way that I see connections that other people generally don't. I have a tendency of taking minor events and relating them to larger concepts or ideas....and when I do that some people are amazed, others are confused. I get quite upset when someone tells me that I'm wrong when I do that too, because I expect people to see how certain things connect to others and I always assume, to my detriment, that people can pick up on implications easily. Most people don't. Most of my emotional conflicts come from me thinking that people pick up on a lot of the feelings that I imply as I do for others, but they really don't.
    Yeah well you got some really strong intuition there :p

    When someone's amazed by your intuition as described here, what do they specifically say, why do they appreciate it?

    What did you mean by people not picking up on feelings that you imply?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I think LSI. Could be LII.
    Haha thing is I sometimes have trouble differentiating LSI from ILI but OP seems so intuitive :o

    (LII is off the table IMO, OP doesn't seem to be Alpha)

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    1D Fe... Dual-Seeking or PoLR, I have a feeling from the rest of your description that it's PoLR though




    Ni-base?

    I could've said Ti but no because you're doing more than just Ti




    Enneagram 5? Te-creative?





    Yeah well you got some really strong intuition there :p

    What did you mean by people not picking up on feelings that you imply?
    I almost never tell people how I feel, but I do things to imply how I feel. It's a little unfair to others, but I expect people to just "know" how I feel based on my actions/reactions. I guess it's projection because I tend to just "know" how people feel and what they think by observing them and their actions. I'm pretty good at explaining how people think based almost entirely on inferences.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sworm09 View Post
    I almost never tell people how I feel, but I do things to imply how I feel. It's a little unfair to others, but I expect people to just "know" how I feel based on my actions/reactions. I guess it's projection because I tend to just "know" how people feel and what they think by observing them and their actions. I'm pretty good at explaining how people think based almost entirely on inferences.
    Sorry, I added a few lines afterwards, can you answer that question too (about your intuition)?

    Anyway, ok, that's interesting, sounds kind of like stronger Fi than ILI would have? I don't know at this point I'm not very good at understanding Fi anyway if that's even what you have as valued F function

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Sorry, I added a few lines afterwards, can you answer that question too (about your intuition)?

    Anyway, ok, that's interesting, sounds kind of like stronger Fi than ILI would have? I don't know at this point I'm not very good at understanding Fi anyway if that's even what you have as valued F function
    When people are amazed at my intuition. ... I've been told that I have wisdom far beyond my years. People are often shocked that I know the things that I do...sometimes people also fail to understand some of my insights. .sometimes I do too actually lol. People often appreciate it because I tend to put people's situation into a broader perspective, showing cause and effect, general patterns, and trends, and the effects that their actions will have. People like having that. Combine that with my ability to understand how people think and my friends call me a natural psychologist.

    I'm also very good at relating small situations to much larger contexts...somewhat helping people to see how events and things are connected. When working with other people I also find myself able to tell people why they do the things they do through noticing patterns in their behavior (through observing them over time)

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sworm09 View Post
    When people are amazed at my intuition. ... I've been told that I have wisdom far beyond my years. People are often shocked that I know the things that I do...sometimes people also fail to understand some of my insights. .sometimes I do too actually lol. People often appreciate it because I tend to put people's situation into a broader perspective, showing cause and effect, general patterns, and trends, and the effects that their actions will have. People like having that. Combine that with my ability to understand how people think and my friends call me a natural psychologist.
    OK, Ni-base! Lol

    (And I'll say it's amazing :p)

    What do you mean by understanding people's way of thinking? What kind of thinking?

  10. #10

    Default

    Describing this will be difficult lol.

    Through watching people's behavior, I make inferences. When I see more behavior that backs that up, I'll take a leap and say what will happen and why. As soon as I see a slight pattern, I take note of things that reaffirm that pattern.

    This also works backwards. Once I've seen a pattern affirmed by enough events in the past, I can feel safe saying with certainty how things work, even if the situation is different.

    Within the context of how people think, the same process happens. I might notice a subtle thread or a pattern in behavior and then I'll draw on observable events to draw inferences that "fill in the gaps" in their behavior. Over time I'll find myself with a pretty detailed map of a person's behavior patterns, thought patterns, and stuff. That's how I know what to do in regards to others and that's why strangers scare me lol

Similar Threads

  1. What's My Type? Socionics Version
    By HBIC in forum Socionics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2017, 10:43 PM
  2. The Socionics Game (What's my type)
    By Smilephantomhive in forum Socionics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-25-2016, 11:50 AM
  3. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 12:56 PM
  4. Socionics - What is my type?
    By Amargith in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-14-2013, 05:59 AM
  5. What's my type,
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO