First 23456 Last

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by sworm09 View Post
    I'm not sure lol. Looking at the video what do you think?
    I didn't actually have time to properly watch it :/

What do you relate to/not relate to about Fe suggestive function?

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    I didn't actually have time to properly watch it :/

What do you relate to/not relate to about Fe suggestive function?
    Well I relate very strongly to appearing formal, cold, and rigid in social situations and I really like it when people attempt to make me feel like I'm a part of the group, but I'm quite upset when they don't. I'm sensitive to emotional approval/disapproval, lighting up when someone is being nice to me and getting a little sad when I'm ignored or insulted. I really love it when people display friendliness and I pay very close attention to people so I can determine if they approve/disapprove of me and my behaviors. Sometimes I find myself acting solely for other people, completely disregarding my own feelings.

With the description of Fe as the vulnerable function, I relate to forgoing group situations for more private connections. I prefer 1 on 1 interactions to groups. I'm quite reclusive and sometimes I find myself mentally telling people to "go away". I'm not really seen as harsh, but I am seen as negative and cold by people. I'm not quick to criticize other people.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Well I relate very strongly to appearing formal, cold, and rigid in social situations and I really like it when people attempt to make me feel like I'm a part of the group, but I'm quite upset when they don't. I'm sensitive to emotional approval/disapproval, lighting up when someone is being nice to me and getting a little sad when I'm ignored or insulted. I really love it when people display friendliness and I pay very close attention to people so I can determine if they approve/disapprove of me and my behaviors. Sometimes I find myself acting solely for other people, completely disregarding my own feelings.
    Oh I thought you weren't so affected by Fe in a positive way, based on your previous descriptions in this thread. But this one does sound more Fe-DS. Somewhere you said you don't like loud environments, what was that though? (Can't recall right now where it was)

With the description of Fe as the vulnerable function, I relate to forgoing group situations for more private connections. I prefer 1 on 1 interactions to groups. I'm quite reclusive and sometimes I find myself mentally telling people to "go away". I'm not really seen as harsh, but I am seen as negative and cold by people. I'm not quick to criticize other people.
    Well that's just introversion in general

Oh I thought you weren't so affected by Fe in a positive way, based on your previous descriptions in this thread. But this one does sound more Fe-DS. Somewhere you said you don't like loud environments, what was that though? (Can't recall right now where it was)

Well that's just introversion in general
    That's the thing about Fe that makes it difficult for me to choose one over the other. It's positive only in that I really enjoy positive feedback from others, other than those few times I actually get it, it's an overwhelming fear of other people and a feeling of powerlessness when it comes to trying to influence others or get positive reactions from them. I get really frustrated because sometimes I feel like I have absolutely zero emotional impact on people. Thus the few times when someone shows me a positive reaction, I really enjoy it.

I don't like loud environments for two reasons; sensory is the primary one, social would be second. When overloaded with loud sounds I get stressed out and tired. I become irritable and frustrated. Loud people have a similar influence on me, making me withdrawn and more rigid.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

That's the thing about Fe that makes it difficult for me to choose one over the other. It's positive only in that I really enjoy positive feedback from others, other than those few times I actually get it, it's an overwhelming fear of other people and a feeling of powerlessness when it comes to trying to influence others or get positive reactions from them. I get really frustrated because sometimes I feel like I have absolutely zero emotional impact on people. Thus the few times when someone shows me a positive reaction, I really enjoy it.
    So why do you try to influence others to get positive reactions? I'm not sure if suggestive function is this much active :o

I don't like loud environments for two reasons; sensory is the primary one, social would be second. When overloaded with loud sounds I get stressed out and tired. I become irritable and frustrated. Loud people have a similar influence on me, making me withdrawn and more rigid.
    What kind of loud people? Fe types are pretty loud

So why do you try to influence others to get positive reactions? I'm not sure if suggestive function is this much active :o

What kind of loud people? Fe types are pretty loud
    I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm running around in circles trying to describe this, but that's a pretty accurate picture of how my Fe works...I don't quite know what I'm doing with it myself.

I can't say that I actually do take an active role in trying to get positive reactions...I just sort of expect it to happen. I'm usually too afraid to actually take steps to get positive reactions, so I just sort of wait for them in frustration, not understanding why other people respond to each other so positively.

An example of this is with a girl here on campus with me. I met her in class. I knew her for months, but took the fearful role of saying absolutely nothing around her and if I did say something, it was very minor and unemotional. There were times when I'd say nothing to her, not because I was ignoring her, but because I didn't know what to say to get the positive reactions from her that I wanted and I was afraid to try. It was literally the last week or so of that class when I WASN'T trying to get positive feelings from her that I actually did through my dry, sarcastic sense of humor.

After that I continue to take the passive role in displaying warmth and friendliness, though I (for what ever reason) expect her to be friendly to me while I'm displaying as little emotion as possible.

I never take the active role in displaying warmth, I always expect and hope for others to do it first...even with close friend. I'm pretty cold until I feel like I've been given the permission to be warm.

As for loud people, I don't really like aggressively loud people. People that feel like they need to make themselves heard out of self importance or immaturity.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm running around in circles trying to describe this, but that's a pretty accurate picture of how my Fe works...I don't quite know what I'm doing with it myself.

I can't say that I actually do take an active role in trying to get positive reactions...I just sort of expect it to happen. I'm usually too afraid to actually take steps to get positive reactions, so I just sort of wait for them in frustration, not understanding why other people respond to each other so positively.

An example of this is with a girl here on campus with me. I met her in class. I knew her for months, but took the fearful role of saying absolutely nothing around her and if I did say something, it was very minor and unemotional. There were times when I'd say nothing to her, not because I was ignoring her, but because I didn't know what to say to get the positive reactions from her that I wanted and I was afraid to try. It was literally the last week or so of that class when I WASN'T trying to get positive feelings from her that I actually did through my dry, sarcastic sense of humor.

After that I continue to take the passive role in displaying warmth and friendliness, though I (for what ever reason) expect her to be friendly to me while I'm displaying as little emotion as possible.

I never take the active role in displaying warmth, I always expect and hope for others to do it first...even with close friend. I'm pretty cold until I feel like I've been given the permission to be warm.

As for loud people, I don't really like aggressively loud people. People that feel like they need to make themselves heard out of self importance or immaturity.
    Ok well that sounds Fe-DS-ish really.

What did you think about Se-DS vs Se-PoLR? (In ILI vs LII)

I guess it doesn't totally make sense to me with all that Ni-ish stuff

Ok well that sounds Fe-DS-ish really.

What did you think about Se-DS vs Se-PoLR? (In ILI vs LII)

I guess it doesn't totally make sense to me with all that Ni-ish stuff
    Both, but leaning more toward LII's Se.

I'm pretty inert and generally unmotivated to do anything but think and pursue the things that I'm interested in. I don't push people to do other things because I'm generally not driven enough to care. When I'm in a situation that requires me to be assertive, I avoid it (like in the LII description) because I find it very difficult and somewhat brutish to put pressure on people. I'm indecisive as all get up and I struggle to make decisions and being required to make a decision on an action will make me immediately avoidant. I'm not a spontaneous person any stretch of the imagination and spontaneous people generally annoy me.

My roommate is an Se lead and he annoys me to death. He's always being loud, or making noises, or generally doing things that don't make sense at all to me. If it doesn't have a reason I don't see the purpose of doing many things and I often find myself upset with him for not thinking about the consequences of his actions. Being told to "just do it" is probably in the top 10 ways to anger me.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Both, but leaning more toward LII's Se.

I'm pretty inert and generally unmotivated to do anything but think and pursue the things that I'm interested in. I don't push people to do other things because I'm generally not driven enough to care. When I'm in a situation that requires me to be assertive, I avoid it (like in the LII description) because I find it very difficult and somewhat brutish to put pressure on people. I'm indecisive as all get up and I struggle to make decisions and being required to make a decision on an action will make me immediately avoidant. I'm not a spontaneous person any stretch of the imagination and spontaneous people generally annoy me.

My roommate is an Se lead and he annoys me to death. He's always being loud, or making noises, or generally doing things that don't make sense at all to me. If it doesn't have a reason I don't see the purpose of doing many things and I often find myself upset with him for not thinking about the consequences of his actions. Being told to "just do it" is probably in the top 10 ways to anger me.
    Oh that sounds more LII Se-PoLR, yep, this thing about "If it doesn't have a reason I don't see the purpose of doing many things" and also how you don't like spontaneity.

Oh that sounds more LII Se-PoLR, yep, this thing about "If it doesn't have a reason I don't see the purpose of doing many things" and also how you don't like spontaneity.
    Hmm LII it is then (though the whole Ni thing has me a little curious)