MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by sworm09 View Post
    Describing this will be difficult lol.

Through watching people's behavior, I make inferences. When I see more behavior that backs that up, I'll take a leap and say what will happen and why. As soon as I see a slight pattern, I take note of things that reaffirm that pattern.

This also works backwards. Once I've seen a pattern affirmed by enough events in the past, I can feel safe saying with certainty how things work, even if the situation is different.

Within the context of how people think, the same process happens. I might notice a subtle thread or a pattern in behavior and then I'll draw on observable events to draw inferences that "fill in the gaps" in their behavior. Over time I'll find myself with a pretty detailed map of a person's behavior patterns, thought patterns, and stuff. That's how I know what to do in regards to others and that's why strangers scare me lol
    OK that's socionics Ni..

I'd just like to confirm the creative function but I'm not sure what you meant by knowing how people feel. Is that an empathy based way of knowing or do you mean it in terms of what they think?

Btw what things do you do to imply how you feel?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

LSI has been suggested. I tend to agree with that. Reason being is you sound fairly similar to myself, and I am near certain that I am LSI. To further support this, my socionics type and MBTI type don't well line up. I am definitely an Ni-dom in MBTI. However I have a lot of qualities that look quite like Si to the untrained eye. Under the lens of socionics it look different. It is definitely possible to have them be different. You have to remember, personality theories only capture about 20% of our entire personality makeup at best.

Take a look at some LSI descriptions and see how it feels for you (it can give direction). I remember a while back that I hadn't even considered LSI for a long time and I was lost with bad type fits until then.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    OK that's socionics Ni..

I'd just like to confirm the creative function but I'm not sure what you meant by knowing how people feel. Is that an empathy based way of knowing or do you mean it in terms of what they think?

Btw what things do you do to imply how you feel?
    It's empathy based on knowing, my empathy isn't feeling other's pain. When I'm implying how I feel I hint at my feelings through words.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    LSI has been suggested. I tend to agree with that. Reason being is you sound fairly similar to myself, and I am near certain that I am LSI. To further support this, my socionics type and MBTI type don't well line up. I am definitely an Ni-dom in MBTI. However I have a lot of qualities that look quite like Si to the untrained eye. Under the lens of socionics it look different. It is definitely possible to have them be different. You have to remember, personality theories only capture about 20% of our entire personality makeup at best.

Take a look at some LSI descriptions and see how it feels for you (it can give direction). I remember a while back that I hadn't even considered LSI for a long time and I was lost with bad type fits until then.
    I don't really relate too well to the aggressiveness indicated here through Se :/

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I don't really relate too well to the aggressiveness indicated here through Se :/
    Well then we've learned something! I am on the aggressive side of things and have no problem tapping that when I need to. You likely don't have Se anywhere in your mix if that is the case since that is a hallmark of it.

Try reading around on other types folks have suggested. It might help point you in the right direction and give you a good starting point.

Well then we've learned something! I am on the aggressive side of things and have no problem tapping that when I need to. You likely don't have Se anywhere in your mix if that is the case since that is a hallmark of it.

Try reading around on other types folks have suggested. It might help point you in the right direction and give you a good starting point.
    Se is actually something I see as threatening. I sort of avoid/back away from people with physical presence and those who use physical intimation tactics.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Se is actually something I see as threatening. I sort of avoid/back away from people with physical presence and those who use physical intimation tactics.
    You're misunderstanding what aggressive is then. It's being used in neither a positive, or negative manner. It's not just a physical action. In fact I'd argue it almost never is. It's someone being determined, strong in their own will, they go for what they want and will make sure they are seen and heard in order to do so. It's to push hard to get to the goal. It's the opposite of passive really. I almost never intentionally seek to intimidate anyone. Doing so honestly seldom works anyway.

You're misunderstanding what aggressive is then. It's being used in neither a positive, or negative manner. It's not just a physical action. In fact I'd argue it almost never is. It's someone being determined, strong in their own will, they go for what they want and will make sure they are seen and heard in order to do so. It's to push hard to get to the goal. It's the opposite of passive really. I almost never intentionally seek to intimidate anyone. Doing so honestly seldom works anyway.
    Ahh ok. But my comment still stands. I definitely don't relate to that, and seeing other people do that is a tad off putting to me.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

It's empathy based on knowing, my empathy isn't feeling other's pain. When I'm implying how I feel I hint at my feelings through words.
    Alright I still lean towards ILI then. But can you say more on how you hint at feelings? Perhaps an example sentence? Is this all very subtle hints? I recall you said you're not at all emotionally expressive. Just internally emotional at times, right?

EDIT: Not excluding LII at this point, your F is a bit unclear still and the Se stuff as well. Though LII would be preferring Ti over Ni, and I haven't seen you talk about Ne that much yet.

Do you have a lot of fantasy worlds like OP does and are you able to focus so well on explaining/seeing trends?

Btw wow, 20%, that doesn't sound a lot lol, I recall different estimates, but still not too high numbers, sure.

I truly don't want to nitpick, did you mean OP doesn't value Se in that case? I think Se superid types would relate to it less, especially if there is only Se-DS which is like, really weak Se.

Guess you meant to use the word "assertive", not "aggressive". The latter word is not specific enough, has other meanings etc. It's sure subjective what people perceive as outright aggressive anyway... What you described wouldn't seem aggressive to me, just assertive. Maybe to more sensitive people *shrug*

Ahh ok. But my comment still stands. I definitely don't relate to that, and seeing other people do that is a tad off putting to me.
    What exactly is off putting about it?

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Alright I still lean towards ILI then. But can you say more on how you hint at feelings? Perhaps an example sentence? Is this all very subtle hints? I recall you said you're not at all emotionally expressive. Just internally emotional at times, right?

EDIT: Not excluding LII at this point, your F is a bit unclear still and the Se stuff as well. Though LII would be preferring Ti over Ni, and I haven't seen you talk about Ne that much yet.

Do you have a lot of fantasy worlds like OP does and are you able to focus so well on explaining/seeing trends?

Btw wow, 20%, that doesn't sound a lot lol, I recall different estimates, but still not too high numbers, sure.

I truly don't want to nitpick, did you mean OP doesn't value Se in that case? I think Se superid types would relate to it less, especially if there is only Se-DS which is like, really weak Se.

Guess you meant to use the word "assertive", not "aggressive". The latter word is not specific enough, has other meanings etc. It's sure subjective what people perceive as outright aggressive anyway... What you described wouldn't seem aggressive to me, just assertive. Maybe to more sensitive people *shrug*

What exactly is off putting about it?
    I need to specify a few things first lol. Last night I was explaining this on my phone. Now that I'm at a laptop I can really explain.

Going back to the previous question about empathy I said that I don't feel what others are feeling, but I do know and care about it. What makes me say that is that sometimes I will utterly disregard other people's feelings outwardly, but inwardly I'm still aware of how they may be feeling. I'm hesitant to say that I'm an empathetic person because, despite the fact I that I can't be outright malicious toward someone, I am very adept (unfortunately) and being passively malicious without a second thought.

A common trend in my life is me being nice and friendly to people that I utterly despise out of fear of other people. Even if I don't really care as to how they feel, I still put up a facade of politeness. The issue with that is that over time, that polite mask disappears and I become extremely sarcastic, mean spirited, and irritable with people, which makes me think that connecting with others isn't something that I'm necessarily adept at. Sometimes I don't even bother trying to be polite, and I just come off as cold and indifferent. I care very much about other people's opinions of me, but at the end of the day those feelings still go back to me. I approach other people through a position of fear and mistrust.

I thought for a while that I had Fe as a creative, but my ability to connect with other people and take their feelings into consideration is extremely unstable. What's more is that at the end of the day I feel threatened by other people, which is why I try not to offend anyone outwardly.

As for my own feelings, no one really knows until it's too late, even myself. Even simple preferences like my opinion, I keep to myself. You asked for an example;

I few days ago a friend of mine was doing something that was deeply offensive to me, and I kept telling them to stop doing it. I thought that by hearing me tell them to stop that they'd somehow figure out that they were upsetting me. It didn't happen and I had to literally spell out to them how they upset me, and even when I did that it was in a pretty unemotional manner...my tone didn't even change. That's why I also find difficulty with people taking me seriously; I never really change my tone, so when I'm upset no one can tell, unless I get loud or something. This dips into my romantic life as well....I'll explain to a person that I like them, but I do it in a such a dry and sometimes verbose manner that they just don't seem to get it.

When it comes to Se feeling off putting, that goes back to myself feeling threatened by other people. When someone is assertive, it makes me think that they'll run over other people to get what they want, which I see as threatening. Simultaneously and paradoxically, I'm attracted to assertive girls