• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's his type?

Alea_iacta_est

Sounds kind of like an ENFP with developed Te.
Extroverted Intuition - silly, random humor
Introverted Feeling - His moral values and ethics, also the whole "quiet, sensitive" vibe.
Extroverted Thinking - Doesn't speculate unless it applies to the real world, but could be a manifestation of Se though.
Introverted Sensing - No evidence really.

Could be a male INFJ as well but not as likely as ENFP in my opinion.

Ocean-Phoenix

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I think ISFJ.

I:
- He seems to like being one-on-one with a family member or close friend, rather than with large groups, or unfamiliar people. That is characteristics of introverts who love people. They love them one-on-one, and prefer depth rather than breadth in their relationships.

S:
- read non-fiction only
- not interested in theories without application
- being artistic can fall either way (S or N), depends on whether he'd rather draw from imagination, or from reality

F:
- his sensitivity
- values close relationships

J:
- diligent, ambitious, and hardworking
- I know you mentioned he's flexible and laid-back at home, but P's have trouble being the way he is at work. Perhaps he just doesn't feel the need to be on his toes quite so much at home.

I agree that the J/P is the tough one though. Here are some tiebreakers for you:

- Does he like decisions to be made (J) or options to stay open (P)?
- Does he like being well ahead of the deadline (J), or is simply making the deadline enough (P)?
- If no one set deadlines for him at work, would he still set his own (J) or just let it get done when he gets to it (P)?
- When studying, how ambitious and diligent is he with subjects he enjoys less?
- If he uses planners, to-do lists, etc. at work, does he enjoy doing so (J) or does he feel like the amount of tasks has forced him to do so (P)?
- If he starts a task does he like to finish it (J) or does he tend to wander from project to project (P)? This can also apply to starting a painting, learning a musical piece, etc.
- Product-oriented (J) or process-oriented (P)? For example, when it comes making a work of art, does he enjoy the finished product a lot (can't wait to see it complete, may hang it up, admire, etc.) or does he enjoy the process more (and may shove it in the closet afterwards).

It would also help us to know what type you are. We tend to notice the ways others are different from us faster than we notice the ways we are alike. So you're more likely to err on the side of typing him as the one that you are not, on each letter, if that makes sense.

W

WALMART

ISTP

:)

fyi - Jung thought Se types could easily become irreligious, with Si types having a penchant for vigil.

Alea_iacta_est

Come to think of it, he's like a not easily distracted, less attention-seeking ENFP. Which type is that?

Perhaps an ENFP that isn't a Type 2 or Type 3 Enneagram? Also take notice to whether or not the person in question is actually extroverted or appears extroverted.

Cognitive Functions are your best bet to find his type without relying on type descriptions which can tend to be inaccurate.
I see some Te in there somewhere, so that may be a good place to start. Figure out whether this is his dominant characteristic or perhaps his dominant style. If he doesn't use it as often as other functions (that you might or might not be able to notice), then its probably in the Tertiary slot. If you don't know what the Jungian Cognitive Functions are, here's a type-me thread that I posted some explanations for it on.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/67164-inxx-2.html

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Clearly difficult to label without knowing the person. Having said that I know an ENFJ that fits that description and if he claims to be ENFX then that seems most likely to me. I would say that if he is someone who doesn't like to be alone and is able to keep things that way then makes me lean towards E. Likewise ENFJs, like ENTPs are the less social of the Es, just as the ISFPs and the ISTPs can much more easily be mistaken for Es. It's not that they don't or do like being around lots people, it's more to do with how much they internalize their world, or not as the case may be. I would also say not an ENFP because they tend to be more random and he sounds more together. So to me it sounds like an ENFJ who is comfortable in his own skin and for whatever reason doesn't need a lot of people in his life all the time. But, that is best guess on the little I know.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
What is his work / what does he do?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx