User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INXX

MBTI
    ENTP

Default INXX

The MBTI originally pinned me as INTJ, which I think most aligns with my ideals. Subsequent tests gave INTP and INFP respectively. The difference between T/F and P/J is marginal. I think the interplay between functions may be more circumstantial for me than others, or maybe I let my personal life spill into my reflection and that muddles my results. It's hard to say. Socially, unless the focus is strategy, I take an INFJ stance and become the constructive empath; if the focus is strategy I revert to INTJ and can be a little domineering depending on my company. I'm fairly certain Ni is my dominant function in most cases, which is why I've stuck with INTJ. Many themes attributed to INFPs recur in my life, though, such as giftedness in interpreting and creating symbols and an emphasis on value over hard logic. An especially striking characteristic of INFPs I share is a tendency to "assume unwarranted familiarity with a domain because my global, impressionistic way of dealing with reality failed to register sufficient details for mastery." I think in this way I differ from INTJs, despite my values leaning more toward thinking and judging; I place significantly more value on understanding than memorization; the interplay between components is magnitudes more interesting than the components themselves.

I could probably ramble indefinitely, since I tend to short circuit on this topic, so I'll end things here: is it possible to boil down to an INXX, or is everyone presumed to fall predominantly under one profile? If you have any input/conjectures/questions based on my writing style or logical flow I'd love to hear them.
    Last edited by Opal; 01-18-2014 at 08:06 PM.

The characteristics your wrote about INFPs might be as well a good fit for an INFJ. If you're sure your dominant function is Ni, then I would suggest INFJ for you, but you should share some more infromations to work with. Maybe you would like to fill the questionnaire so then we can better type you.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    The MBTI originally pinned me as INTJ, which I think most aligns with my ideals. Subsequent tests gave INTP and INFP respectively. The difference between T/F and P/J is marginal. I think the interplay between functions may be more circumstantial for me than others, or maybe I let my personal life spill into my reflection and that muddles my results. It's hard to say. Socially, unless the focus is strategy, I take an INFJ stance and become the constructive empath; if the focus is strategy I revert to INTJ and can be a little domineering depending on my company. I'm fairly certain Ni is my dominant function in most cases, which is why I've stuck with INTJ. Many themes attributed to INFPs recur in my life, though, such as giftedness in interpreting and creating symbols and an emphasis on value over hard logic. An especially striking characteristic of INFPs I share is a tendency to "assume unwarranted familiarity with a domain because my global, impressionistic way of dealing with reality failed to register sufficient details for mastery." I think in this way I differ from INTJs, despite my values leaning more toward thinking and judging; I place significantly more value on understanding than memorization; the interplay between components is magnitudes more interesting than the components themselves.

I could probably ramble indefinitely, since I tend to short circuit on this topic, so I'll end things here: is it possible to boil down to an INXX, or is everyone presumed to fall predominantly under one profile? If you have any input/conjectures/questions based on my writing style or logical flow I'd love to hear them.
    Your first test score will be the right one in most cases. But you can take my own test if you like.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    The characteristics your wrote about INFPs might be as well a good fit for an INFJ. If you're sure your dominant function is Ni, then I would suggest INFJ for you, but you should share some more infromations to work with. Maybe you would like to fill the questionnaire so then we can better type you.
    I do identify quite a bit with INFJs, especially the penchant for creative writing, though strangely I've never tested INFJ. I'm fairly certain Ni is my dominant function; everything I've read about learning styles and problem solving approaches aligns with it. This might be obvious, but what questionnaire are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Your first test score will be the right one in most cases. But you can take my own test if you like.
    Your test?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I do identify quite a bit with INFJs, especially the penchant for creative writing, though strangely I've never tested INFJ. I'm fairly certain Ni is my dominant function; everything I've read about learning styles and problem solving approaches aligns with it. This might be obvious, but what questionnaire are you referring to?

Your test?
    Yes, the one that was all the rage here 2 or 3 weeks ago and is now quickly becoming buried beneath other threads while it passes into obscurity.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Your test?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...lity-test.html

MBTI
    ENTP

I was just reading through that. Do you link to the test at some point in the thread, or only message it to those interested? I'd gladly take it.

First of all you can't choose some characteristics here and there from a type and based on them identify with a type. You have to view the types as the whole. Creative writting is characteristic for INFPs as well as other MBTI types, what really metters is the type's approach to processing the infromations. Both INTJs and INFJs use Ni as their dominant function so they might seem a lot similar, but their secod function is different. INTJs use Te and INFJs use Fe. I said you might be an INFJ because you described yourself as adaptable to people and enviroment
    I take an INFJ stance and become the constructive empath; if the focus is strategy I revert to INTJ and can be a little domineering depending on my company.
    Fe uses data about people, their emotionality and social atmosphere to adapt and become a part of a group. Te uses data that are logical to put them in a structure and order, but doesn't work with data that are emotional. Both INFJ and INTJ are Je type, that means that they like structure, but when INFJ makes a plan he will always think about how he might affect his group, surroundings, people in his life and he tries to find a solution, that would be respectful for other people feelings. That's the key word for INFJ... empathy. While INTJ is more sceptical in his plans, doesn't care much about group needs, but the needs of the task that has to be done and tries to find the best logical way to do it. You can find the questionnaire here: http://http://personalitycafe.com/wh...tionnaire.html

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I was just reading through that. Do you link to the test at some point in the thread, or only message it to those interested? I'd gladly take it.
    I PM the test, or use email. I'm guessing you will score something other than INTJ, but I don't want to bias your results.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Many themes attributed to INFPs recur in my life, though, such as giftedness in interpreting and creating symbols and an emphasis on value over hard logic. (...) I think in this way I differ from INTJs, despite my values leaning more toward thinking and judging; I place significantly more value on understanding than memorization; the interplay between components is magnitudes more interesting than the components themselves.
    Sorry I don't understand. You first state you have emphasis on values other than hard logic. Then you state that you actually lean towards valuing thinking. What do you value then exactly?