User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Thread: INXX

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    I don't call that just "analysis". I call that "thinking on the move" and I do that just fine. It doesn't feel like detached analysis because it isn't really detached Maybe I dive into my mind for a sec or two but that's it at most

Maybe the sort of unconscious process that I talked about and which results in me figuring out how to manage an object after playing around with it, is also this?

Also... what about the question here?
    Thinking on the move is essentially what Se-Ti is.

The functions for the question there was Ne-Ti vs Ti-Se and possibly Se-Ti. ENTPs are somewhat known for being able to build useful items out of random things laying about. It's the whole seeing all of the possibilities thing.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Thinking on the move is essentially what Se-Ti is.

The functions for the question there was Ne-Ti vs Ti-Se and possibly Se-Ti. ENTPs are somewhat known for being able to build useful items out of random things laying about. It's the whole seeing all of the possibilities thing.
    If the tasks were just about Ne-Ti and Ti-Se then possibly that's why I didn't relate well to either. When I talked about "sort of unconscious process which results in me figuring out how to manage an object after playing around with it", maybe that's Se-Ti rather than Ti-Se? I will have to ask ISTPs. :p

Or maybe I'm ESFP and just developed Ti on the side :P

MBTI
    ENTP

@valaki & @solipsists, The reason Te-users don't trust Ti is because of the fact that it understands concepts based on subjective logic that isn't derived from the outside world, and that's why Ti is slightly more oriented to math then Te is, because mathematical reasoning is subjective logic that can't always necessarily be proven in the real world. Te users also want to apply their knowledge and do something with it, whereas Ti users will be happy just drilling their knowledge further and further deeper. From my own experience, I always feel unsure when I utilize subjective logic because every time I use it, I slowly feel like the reasoning is delineating from the real world.
    Ahh, looks like I missed a couple pages. Sometimes I forget how to forum. Though my Ti tests stronger than Te I rarely bring myself to do something if I don't see a practical reason to; my thought process begins with application. I would much more happily expend minimal energy lost in my thoughts than absorb material I may never need again or debate for the sake of debate. I'm very project oriented and prone to immersion in my topic of interest.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    Ahh, looks like I missed a couple pages. Sometimes I forget how to forum. Though my Ti tests stronger than Te I rarely bring myself to do something if I don't see a practical reason to; my thought process begins with application. I would much more happily expend minimal energy lost in my thoughts than absorb material I may never need again or debate for the sake of debate. I'm very project oriented and prone to immersion in my topic of interest.
    You've just described me. Though I do debate for the sake of debate. The rest I relate to a lot. So I don't know how much Te > Ti that is, or if it's S in my case. I guess you're N so it would be Te for you. It's just good to note that these things you said here aren't necessarily due to one specific function

MBTI
    ENTP

*bumps own thread*
    @Alea_iacta_est I've been considering XNTP lately--I know it's a departure from INTJ, but something I'm still a little unclear on that could be pivotal is: what constitutes stress in the emergence of the shadow functions? I could be more of an INTJ shadow, which would make me an ENTP, right? I've been testing INTP lately, though I don't think I'm ever Te dom, which would be the case if INTP's shadow functions took over, right?

Socionics
    ILI

*bumps own thread*
    @Alea_iacta_est I've been considering XNTP lately--I know it's a departure from INTJ, but something I'm still a little unclear on that could be pivotal is: what constitutes stress in the emergence of the shadow functions? I could be more of an INTJ shadow, which would make me an ENTP, right? I've been testing INTP lately, though I don't think I'm ever Te dom, which would be the case if INTP's shadow functions took over, right?
    Let's do an in-depth analysis, shall we?

Fill out this questionnaire if you can please (It's from PerC):

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-...ire-2-0-a.html

MBTI
    ENTP

Let's do an in-depth analysis, shall we?

Fill out this questionnaire if you can please (It's from PerC):

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-...ire-2-0-a.html
    Will do, thanks. I'll PM the results, if that's okay.

Socionics
    ILI

Will do, thanks. I'll PM the results, if that's okay.
    Alright.

MBTI
    ENTP

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (40%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (75%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (60%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (80%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (10%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (45%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (70%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (80%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    based on your results your type is likely - unclear
    Retook the cognitive functions test for kicks since my type was recently disputed, loled. If anyone feels like sharing another perspective I'll respond with the hug emoticon.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ni - Fi > Ti > Fe > Ne > Si > Te > Se ...?

Given the dominance of my introverted functions, is a dominant-tertiary loop likely? Ni-Fi/Ti, suggesting INXJ?
    I found this thread interesting: http://personalitycafe.com/articles/...disorders.html
    Last edited by Opal; 03-11-2014 at 11:45 PM.