MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    just humor me. I answered these questions
    Hey! It was cool to see the person behind the posts!

I'm going to take a closer look at this sometime in the near future--right now I can hardly hear anything with the computer I use. I'll take a look sometime within the next couple of days and let you know what I think.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Hey! It was cool to see the person behind the posts!

I'm going to take a closer look at this sometime in the near future--right now I can hardly hear anything with the computer I use. I'll take a look sometime within the next couple of days and let you know what I think.
    thanks, and i'm patient so take your time.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

6w7 sx-sp..and ISFP
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    6w7 sx-sp..and ISFP
    That's what I think too.

MBTI
    yupp

ok i think i'm either a 6w7 phobic or 6w5 phobic. I hate descriptions btw.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

just humor me. I answered these questions http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tionnaire.html via video
    Getting back to ya.

I'm going to go against mainstream opinion here and suggest that you are a 9. The following ideas jumped out to me in your interview--
    - You were uncertain of what you'd like to develop in yourself--I imagine a 6--even a 9-fixed one--would have rather more to say about herself and her shortcomings! They tend to feel "not good enough".
    - You severed a friendship by ignoring her. I'm not saying a 6 would never do this, but "tuning out" things you don't want to do or deal with is more centrally 9.
    - You've expressed a desire for comfort over appearances.
    - You noted your superego sometimes asks "why do you exist?" This is sort of related to the attachment triad in general, but 9s specifically tend to feel that they have no importance and are extraneous to the situation somehow. 6s can feel inferior and worthless as well, of course, but your concern seems more likely to be articulated by a 9.
    - You mentioned gathering information more as wool-gathering, not to acquire mastery. (As someone influenced by type 9 myself, I approve.) It sounds like you might be a bit like me--reading about all sorts of little hobbies "for fun" rather than to feel secure. Do you do this so that you don't have to do the things you don't feel like doing, as well? (I do).
    - Importantly are your recurring feelings of "just give up, you won't accomplish anything, you're not important". This is actually textbook 9. Nines tend to give up and neglect accomplishing things simply because of their sense of being unimportant. This is why 9s grow to 3.
    - You also expressed a number of withdrawn themes.

On the other hand, I didn't get much sense of the mental intensity or doubt I'd expect to see from a core 6. Know that 9s can over-think as much as core 6s, and it's possible to have a very strong connection to 6 as well. Perhaps this is what you're looking at?

Maybe you're the 946 or 945 tritype?

That's my best guess.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Getting back to ya.

I'm going to go against mainstream opinion here and suggest that you are a 9. The following ideas jumped out to me in your interview--
    - You were uncertain of what you'd like to develop in yourself--I imagine a 6--even a 9-fixed one--would have rather more to say about herself and her shortcomings! They tend to feel "not good enough".
    - You severed a friendship by ignoring her. I'm not saying a 6 would never do this, but "tuning out" things you don't want to do or deal with is more centrally 9.
    - You've expressed a desire for comfort over appearances.
    - You noted your superego sometimes asks "why do you exist?" This is sort of related to the attachment triad in general, but 9s specifically tend to feel that they have no importance and are extraneous to the situation somehow. 6s can feel inferior and worthless as well, of course, but your concern seems more likely to be articulated by a 9.
    - You mentioned gathering information more as wool-gathering, not to acquire mastery. (As someone influenced by type 9 myself, I approve.) It sounds like you might be a bit like me--reading about all sorts of little hobbies "for fun" rather than to feel secure. Do you do this so that you don't have to do the things you don't feel like doing, as well? (I do).
    - Importantly are your recurring feelings of "just give up, you won't accomplish anything, you're not important". This is actually textbook 9. Nines tend to give up and neglect accomplishing things simply because of their sense of being unimportant. This is why 9s grow to 3.
    - You also expressed a number of withdrawn themes.

On the other hand, I didn't get much sense of the mental intensity or doubt I'd expect to see from a core 6. Know that 9s can over-think as much as core 6s, and it's possible to have a very strong connection to 6 as well. Perhaps this is what you're looking at?

Maybe you're the 946 or 945 tritype?

That's my best guess.
    -I guess that;s true, but i have a hard time articulating what i want to do, even if I have an inkling and didn't you ask what I was good at? that I don't really know I always stumble over this question in interviews, because I'm a terrible liar
    -not ignore just not think about. that's not the same thing at all. and if I don't forget it's more like oh they didn't call, guess they don't want to talk to me, oh well
    -true
    -i am prone to really bad depression, but it's always existensial so perhaps that's true, and it does stem from inferiority and feelings of worthlessnes
    -not true at all, if I don't want to do something, I simply don't. If i'm looking something it's because I geniunely want to know. I just don't have a long attention span. so i jump from topic to topic quickly. Like for example I was reading about period syncing not anything I needed to know, but wanted to I had nothing to do during that time. btw it's a myth, they have not been able to prove that it happens consisently. although as a kid I had a ridicuously long attention span like I was obsessed with slavery in the american south for 3-5 years and loved reading personal stories, then for 3-5 years after that obsessed with the holocaust (perhaps because it' more people oriented I am a 9)
    -this is true
    -I've always been withdrawn. but thing is it orignally stemmed from anxiety and feeling worthless, like oh they don't want to talk to me, and if they do it's to gather info to use againt me/make fun of me behind my back. when I was little I was convinced everytime I saw someone talking I assumed they were saying terrible things about me. although I've over came this, the behavior is so ingrained.

sorry for replying you might be right and other people have said 9 as well.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

-I guess that;s true, but i have a hard time articulating what i want to do, even if I have an inkling and didn't you ask what I was good at? that I don't really know I always stumble over this question in interviews, because I'm a terrible liar
    Yeah, it isn't necessarily type specific or anything. But the way you delivered it seemed more in keeping with 9 than 6, is all.

-not ignore just not think about. that's not the same thing at all. and if I don't forget it's more like oh they didn't call, guess they don't want to talk to me, oh well
    The "just not think about" is actually more 9ish than just ignoring--9s tune things out. They forget. They feel like they weren't important enough to bother with anyway. That seems in line with your response here.

-true
    -i am prone to really bad depression, but it's always existensial so perhaps that's true, and it does stem from inferiority and feelings of worthlessnes
    If it's not too personal, what kind of depression do you experience? I think 4s, 6s, and 9s are all prone to these sort of feelings to some degree. My sense (and of course there's a lot of leeway with each type) is that 4s tend to be self-loathing for all the ways they don't measure up, as well as being identified with a sense of melancholy. Sixes tend to doubt their ability to know what to do in a situation and so spend lots of time preparing and simultaneously feeling unequal to the task--their sense of inferiority and dysfunction stems from this. Nines just kind of feel like nothing matters, including themselves, and can fall into a state of depression over the existential futility of everything. I think for them it's more like glum resignation rather than outright self-torment.

Of course, any type can be depressed and self-loathing, so I'm not going to tell someone what they are based on depression. But, just some things to think about.

-not true at all, if I don't want to do something, I simply don't. If i'm looking something it's because I geniunely want to know. I just don't have a long attention span. so i jump from topic to topic quickly. Like for example I was reading about period syncing not anything I needed to know, but wanted to I had nothing to do during that time. btw it's a myth, they have not been able to prove that it happens consisently. although as a kid I had a ridicuously long attention span like I was obsessed with slavery in the american south for 3-5 years and loved reading personal stories, then for 3-5 years after that obsessed with the holocaust (perhaps because it' more people oriented I am a 9)
    LOL, it's ok. I had a really long attention span as a kid, too. Somehow that wore off as I grew up, with the end result that now I've got the attention span of a 2 year old.

But yeah, the "wool-gathering" isn't necessarily stupid, and often does seek to gather information. Especially as an INFP, you're going to want to learn all sorts of stuff and have all sorts of things you genuinely enjoy researching. It's more about a re-alignment of priorities, and as I experience it anyway, it genuinely feels important at the time.

Something to consider. Also, consider 5 as your head-fix.
    -this is true
    -I've always been withdrawn. but thing is it orignally stemmed from anxiety and feeling worthless, like oh they don't want to talk to me, and if they do it's to gather info to use againt me/make fun of me behind my back. when I was little I was convinced everytime I saw someone talking I assumed they were saying terrible things about me. although I've over came this, the behavior is so ingrained.
    To be honest, I think this is human behavior in general, especially if you were badly treated by your peers as a kid. I've had a very similar experience in my life; I assume if someone laughs as I walk by they're laughing at ME. I assume my presence is a burden or an imposition, and that no one wants me around, really. I'm definitely not a core 6 (it's my head fix, not my core). I'm under the impression my mother had a similar experience as a child, and she has a similar attitude as well (she's a 9w1 fwiw). So keep an open mind on this issue.

Your replies are good!

You could still be a 6, of course, but what I got from your message was more 9 in flavor.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Yeah, it isn't necessarily type specific or anything. But the way you delivered it seemed more in keeping with 9 than 6, is all.

The "just not think about" is actually more 9ish than just ignoring--9s tune things out. They forget. They feel like they weren't important enough to bother with anyway. That seems in line with your response here.

-true
    If it's not too personal, what kind of depression do you experience? I think 4s, 6s, and 9s are all prone to these sort of feelings to some degree. My sense (and of course there's a lot of leeway with each type) is that 4s tend to be self-loathing for all the ways they don't measure up, as well as being identified with a sense of melancholy. Sixes tend to doubt their ability to know what to do in a situation and so spend lots of time preparing and simultaneously feeling unequal to the task--their sense of inferiority and dysfunction stems from this. Nines just kind of feel like nothing matters, including themselves, and can fall into a state of depression over the existential futility of everything. I think for them it's more like glum resignation rather than outright self-torment.

Of course, any type can be depressed and self-loathing, so I'm not going to tell someone what they are based on depression. But, just some things to think about.

LOL, it's ok. I had a really long attention span as a kid, too. Somehow that wore off as I grew up, with the end result that now I've got the attention span of a 2 year old.

But yeah, the "wool-gathering" isn't necessarily stupid, and often does seek to gather information. Especially as an INFP, you're going to want to learn all sorts of stuff and have all sorts of things you genuinely enjoy researching. It's more about a re-alignment of priorities, and as I experience it anyway, it genuinely feels important at the time.

Something to consider. Also, consider 5 as your head-fix.
    -this is true
    To be honest, I think this is human behavior in general, especially if you were badly treated by your peers as a kid. I've had a very similar experience in my life; I assume if someone laughs as I walk by they're laughing at ME. I assume my presence is a burden or an imposition, and that no one wants me around, really. I'm definitely not a core 6 (it's my head fix, not my core). I'm under the impression my mother had a similar experience as a child, and she has a similar attitude as well (she's a 9w1 fwiw). So keep an open mind on this issue.

Your replies are good!

You could still be a 6, of course, but what I got from your message was more 9 in flavor.