• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shiny New Enneagram Questionnaire!

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT POST A QUESTIONNAIRE HERE. START A NEW THREAD!!!

Because TypologyCentral deserves its own questionnaire, I have compiled a list of questions I have found useful in determining type. My ideas are based on Naranjo and Maitri, as well as plain common sense questions designed to assess what's causing confusion.

--------

Disclaimer: How are you doing? Are there any major life events/illnesses/other issues that might be influencing you? Did you write this in one sitting, or have you pondered these issues deeply? Give us a sense of "where you're at" right now.

(Note that some of these issues may be very personal, and if you'd prefer not to share, it's perfectly acceptable to skip questions.)
------------

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
b. What have others said about you?
c. What do you think of yourself?

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?

6. Which types do you identify with most?
a. How do you relate to these types?
b. How do you NOT relate to them?

7. Which types are least like you?
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?

9. What is the message your superego tells you?

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
can I do this in a video, I'm more articulate in video then text

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
can I do this in a video, I'm more articulate in video then text

Of course! The questions are designed to make you think and reflect first and foremost.

It also helps us determine what areas of the enneagram you're having the most issues in (hence, your most likely core type).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Of course! The questions are designed to make you think and reflect first and foremost.

It also helps us determine what areas of the enneagram you're having the most issues in (hence, your most likely core type).

I did anyways.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Well mine's in writing but I was mostly writing it as it came out of my head and yes it made me think etc :)

Alea_iacta_est

I would do this, but I'm pretty sure the Forer Effect would dominate most of my answers. I'm glad you could improve the questionnaire, it's probably great for newcomers.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nice! Never strays from the cores. My type is fairly hammered out by now, but I want to try my hand and share anyway, probably in my blog.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would do this, but I'm pretty sure the Forer Effect would dominate most of my answers. I'm glad you could improve the questionnaire, it's probably great for newcomers.

I think it's still worth a try. If you are so aware of such an effect you can try to consciously fight it, no?

Alea_iacta_est

I think it's still worth a try. If you are so aware of such an effect you can try to consciously fight it, no?

The Forer Effect is a strong influence. It's like taking a career test and knowing what all of the answers are/determine. Sure you try to answer as honestly as possible but it still makes you choose some of the ideal choices.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Forer Effect is a strong influence. It's like taking a career test and knowing what all of the answers are/determine. Sure you try to answer as honestly as possible but it still makes you choose some of the ideal choices.

Are you aware of it when choosing the "ideal choices"? if not, is it possible to become aware of it?

Alea_iacta_est

Are you aware of it when choosing the "ideal choices"? if not, is it possible to become aware of it?

Of course you are aware when choosing it, it is just that you have a slight, almost unconscious preference to a particular choice that might lure you in once in a while.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course you are aware when choosing it, it is just that you have a slight, almost unconscious preference to a particular choice that might lure you in once in a while.

If you are aware isn't it possible to fight the tendency? :)

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
[MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION]
This questionnaire is great. I like it much more than the old one, I have to say.
I will do it when I get a chance.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram

Reading it over, I know which choices would theoretically apply to my type, for the most part - but I already have answers in mind that would counter it.

Personally I would not answer a questionnaire with an effort to sound like a certain type. I am what I am. If I am as honest as I possibly can be on the questionnaire, then my type will show itself. If it's not the same as my self-typing then I have to consider that. But I don't see any shame in mistyping. I see a lot of shame in lying to try to be something I'm not, however. It's not only deceptive but also a waste of time and effort. Why study enneagram with the aim of convincing myself of something that isn't true?

If someone else wants to use typology for that purpose, go ahead, I am not invested in what other people choose to do with their lives.. but for me, trying to fit a role (unless I am being paid to do so) is a waste of time, and an absurdly stupid thing to do when presented an opportunity for self-discovery. I don't pretend to be something I'm not in my life, and I won't do it here either. I'll be honest as I can, even to my own detriment, just like I always am.

Appealing to the masses has never been my forté. :/

Tem

Enneagram
8w9
This seems like a good one -- need some testing help?

ShadowPage

Hello, Sanjuro. Are you still available to look at people's new threads answering this questionnaire? Or blog posts, I suppose? I find myself being all over the place when taking random online tests (except for similarminds. Holy hell those tests are boring). Though, I also don't really know my mbti type, if that's at all relevant....

Last edited:

ShadowPage

Good night and good morning, these questions are brutally hard for me to answer. :doh:

On the one hand, not having much research under my belt is largely to blame. On the other, though, I find myself having a hell of a time working out the answers- as if I have a fog that rolls in when I try to answer. Is it possible for a person to be too depersonalized/disconnected/confused to work out their type? That might be a hell of a speculation to make, but when I do read through run downs of the E-types, it's like I don't identify enough with the ones that I relate to better than the rest. In any case, I am definitely going to try to answer all of the questions and post my results to my thread.

All that said, I'm kind of glad that this is here.