User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Default Shiny New Enneagram Questionnaire!

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT POST A QUESTIONNAIRE HERE. START A NEW THREAD!!!

Because TypologyCentral deserves its own questionnaire, I have compiled a list of questions I have found useful in determining type. My ideas are based on Naranjo and Maitri, as well as plain common sense questions designed to assess what's causing confusion.

--------

Disclaimer: How are you doing? Are there any major life events/illnesses/other issues that might be influencing you? Did you write this in one sitting, or have you pondered these issues deeply? Give us a sense of "where you're at" right now.

(Note that some of these issues may be very personal, and if you'd prefer not to share, it's perfectly acceptable to skip questions.)
    ------------

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).

2. Describe yourself--
    a. What's it like to be you?
    b. What have others said about you?
    c. What do you think of yourself?

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.

4. You're not good at everything--
    a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
    b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?

6. Which types do you identify with most?
    a. How do you relate to these types?
    b. How do you NOT relate to them?

7. Which types are least like you?
    a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
    b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?

9. What is the message your superego tells you?

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:

MBTI
    yupp

can I do this in a video, I'm more articulate in video then text

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Of course! The questions are designed to make you think and reflect first and foremost.

It also helps us determine what areas of the enneagram you're having the most issues in (hence, your most likely core type).

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Of course! The questions are designed to make you think and reflect first and foremost.

It also helps us determine what areas of the enneagram you're having the most issues in (hence, your most likely core type).
    I did anyways.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post

Well mine's in writing but I was mostly writing it as it came out of my head and yes it made me think etc

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    funny btw that you're more articulate when speaking... me, nope.

Socionics
    ILI

I would do this, but I'm pretty sure the Forer Effect would dominate most of my answers. I'm glad you could improve the questionnaire, it's probably great for newcomers.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Nice! Never strays from the cores. My type is fairly hammered out by now, but I want to try my hand and share anyway, probably in my blog.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I would do this, but I'm pretty sure the Forer Effect would dominate most of my answers. I'm glad you could improve the questionnaire, it's probably great for newcomers.
    I think it's still worth a try. If you are so aware of such an effect you can try to consciously fight it, no?

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    I think it's still worth a try. If you are so aware of such an effect you can try to consciously fight it, no?
    The Forer Effect is a strong influence. It's like taking a career test and knowing what all of the answers are/determine. Sure you try to answer as honestly as possible but it still makes you choose some of the ideal choices.