• INXX

1 25.00%
  • Other (splain yo'self, foo!)

0 0%
123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Guess Ilah's type

I do think that my T is dominant and my N is secondary. However I think my N is much weaker that it should be for being my secondary. It is interesting that the ways for INTP and INTJ to develope their N is very different.

It is difficult for me to talk to people about things that are N. It seems like most of it is beyond words. Most people don't understand and I am not sure if it is because I don't explain it well or because the concepts are not something people can deal with. Also because of past bad experiences I get concerned that people will try to talk me out of decisions based on N because they are not "logical" or I can't give a good explanation.

I suppose part of my reason for joining was to talk with others about some of my N things.

It is my understanding that in healthy NTs, N and T work together. However, in myself it often seems like they are sometimes at odds. Sometimes things I intuit can be backed up by logic and I am comfortable with that. Sometimes things can be decided just by logic and I am comfortable with that. Sometimes things are decided just by intuition and there is no logical basis to them. Those are the type of thing I want to feel more comfortable with. Also I would like to try to include my N on some of the decisions made through logic alone.

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    If you're really INTP then Ti would be the dominant. With others though you'd express Ne--ideas that might seem like brainstorming for those listening. Usually, it works for Ti's to generate those ideas in conversation with someone they consider a good sounding board and perhaps talk through criteria for the decision as well. Then, alone, the Ti would compare the ideas to internal principles, considering precedents, goals, and consistency with other aspects of life. Gathering more data or taking the time to theorize usually builds confidence.

INTJs, with Ni as the dominant, would take a whole different approach to improving their facility with Ni--and it might take a bit of a thick skin. The best gut feelings would come from time alone. Then they might need to work on Te with a trusted other (someone who will encourage instead of critiquing too quickly) to discern the merit of the choice.

As an INFJ, the older I get, the less I like acting solo even though I've had success trusting my Ni. There's a confidence level and wisdom that comes from talking through a scheme with someone else. Sometimes the basics stay the same but I gain insights into what else I should consider, steps that increase the odds of success, how I might garner more support (even monetarily) and so on.
    Regarding another post about whether N was always right. I would say no. I am strong with T and sometimes things that seemed very logical turned out to be not true or not the right choice for me, i.e. my T was wrong. I am sure people strong in F had times where their feelings proved to be wrong. So no trait is always right.

Ilah

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    It is my understanding that in healthy NTs, N and T work together. However, in myself it often seems like they are sometimes at odds. Sometimes things I intuit can be backed up by logic and I am comfortable with that. Sometimes things can be decided just by logic and I am comfortable with that. Sometimes things are decided just by intuition and there is no logical basis to them. Those are the type of thing I want to feel more comfortable with. Also I would like to try to include my N on some of the decisions made through logic alone.
    This made me realize something... I often study subjects that allow my logic to back up my intuition. I dont know, maybe this is a long shot, but it seems like my T-interests are to help me get the N-observations in a more logical forms. I can talk about the stuff i sense through intuition by using psychological terms and logic, for example. So, this is one way to make intuition more "concrete".

MBTI
    INTJ

Nolla, what kind of subjects help do your study where you use both logic and intuition?

If I can use terms from psychology or metaphysical/New Age terms that gives me some words to help explain N. Unfortunately, most people don't understand most of the words. Well at least here I can use the psychological words.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    Nolla, what kind of subjects help do your study where you use both logic and intuition?

If I can use terms from psychology or metaphysical/New Age terms that gives me some words to help explain N. Unfortunately, most people don't understand most of the words. Well at least here I can use the psychological words.
    Well, I use mostly psychology since I am interested in people and their minds. But surprisingly many popular areas give me ways to communicate. Movies are one of them. I like to analyze them, they are good examples of life situations. Theyre simple enough and many people know the same movies, so its not do hard to explain some concepts through them. Other stuff I use constantly: Astrology, painting, philosophy... but still, I think that popular psychology is the easiest way to get the point across. It depends a lot of the other person, though. Most people arent really interested in intuition, anyways.

Ed, thanks, thats a whole bunch of books.

MBTI
    INTJ

I have been thinking on this and I wonder if I am actually INTJ instead of INTP. I know I am introverted so my dominant function would be introverted. T seems much stronger than N.

However....

I was looking through I book I have Building Blocks or Personality Type by Leona Hass and Mark Hunziker. It has a chapter for each introvert and extrovert trait, Ni, Ne, Ti, Te, etc. I identify very strongly with the description it has of Ni. I don't indentify as much with Ne. Most signficantly, Ne is supposed to good at reading people. I am really bad at this. In addition exploring my N choices in a more solitary manner seems like the right path to me, like this is the path my N is telling me to take.

With T I really can't decide if Ti or Te fits me more. Maybe a combination of Te but a strong introvert personality could resemble a Ti?

I am thinking that maybe because my dominant aspect was so put down, the secondary aspect took over.

Maybe I should do one of those "what type am I" posts, but I would rather wait till I have been here longer for that.

Ilah

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Split from Using Intuition thread without permission of the author. Also, added a poll. This is gonna be great.

Have fun, kids!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

You can have strong traits outside your primary and secondary. (For example, my Ni tests closely behind my Ne. On occasion, as I get older, it's even beaten it.)

You should take the cognitive processes tests, just to get a general gist of how you measure up.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INXP

I don't see a poll. I wasn't going to vote, but I want to see a poll.

---
    Illah (or something to that effect), what does socionics think you are?

(How is the big socionics test regarded here?)
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    ENFJ

If T is so much stronger than N for you, and you don't see Ne, maybe ENTJ?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

She doesn't know this thread exists yet. We should keep talking to her and asking her questions and decide by the time she gets here before she says anything. *high fives everyone*

Moved some more posts related to Ilah's type-speculation.