First 2345 Last

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfAwesome View Post
    Not that I doubt your judgement (in fact, I'm willing to take your word for it), but can you please elaborate? I want to know how you arrived at the conclusion and how you analyzed my questionnaire to do so, if it's not strenuous. Thanks, by the way. In fact, I'm inviting anyone to analyze my latest questionnaire. Please? I'm curious to see the process behind your analysis.
    Oh you don't have to view me as the infallible typing expert. :P

Anyway, here's a bit more details for you ... what I really meant was if there were these two choices only, then it seems entp over intp

There were things like this in your questionnaire that to me sound E > I: "I only repress when I'm placed in an awkward circumstance or in an undesirable situation. That's when I repress almost everything about myself, which makes me seem like an introvert."

"a) Having fun, browsing the internet, discovering and exploring, learning something new, reading or watching fiction, discussing my interests and ideas with friends, introspecting, being independent, winning an argument."

This is also more Ne-ish than Ti-ish IMO. Though it doesn't have to be Ne, but if it's already established that you have strong Ne then that's what it is.

"I need to take in every perspective before making a decision. For some reason, intuition usually prevails in the end"

This as well, seems irrational-dom and yeah sure, intuitive as well

I did also try to look for some signs of dominant Ti but I didn't really find any...

Btw this is interesting: "For some reason, I feel uncomfortable and anxious during one-on-one conversations." ...Any idea why?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Oh you don't have to view me as the infallible typing expert. :P

Anyway, here's a bit more details for you ... what I really meant was if there were these two choices only, then it seems entp over intp

There were things like this in your questionnaire that to me sound E > I: "I only repress when I'm placed in an awkward circumstance or in an undesirable situation. That's when I repress almost everything about myself, which makes me seem like an introvert."

"a) Having fun, browsing the internet, discovering and exploring, learning something new, reading or watching fiction, discussing my interests and ideas with friends, introspecting, being independent, winning an argument."

This is also more Ne-ish than Ti-ish IMO. Though it doesn't have to be Ne, but if it's already established that you have strong Ne then that's what it is.

"I need to take in every perspective before making a decision. For some reason, intuition usually prevails in the end"

This as well, seems irrational-dom and yeah sure, intuitive as well

I did also try to look for some signs of dominant Ti but I didn't really find any...

Btw this is interesting: "For some reason, I feel uncomfortable and anxious during one-on-one conversations." ...Any idea why?
    I don't really know. I suppose it's because one-on-one conversations are more intense? I find it extremely difficult to make eye contact in such situations. I love one-on-one conversations when we're walking while talking, with our bodies facing towards a common destination, instead of being mutually opposite. Walking stimulates my mind and makes conversation easier. Walking or couching. Definite no to sitting, unless I'm browsing the internet. But I still prefer browsing the internet on my bed, laying down.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

By the way, here's a peculiarity of mine.
    I have noticed that in social situations, I find it hard to tune people out, unless the situation is terribly boring (this happens almost always in high school, though). This mostly happens whenever I'm being socially anxious or self-conscious. I try to withdraw into my own world, but my brain keeps switching me back to the external world. I want to listen to my own thoughts, but I can't help listening to what the people in my vicinity are saying, especially if I know them. For example, yesterday, I was in a party where I was anxious and did not want people to see or talk to me. Therefore, I tried to get lost in my thoughts in order to tune them out and not worry about them, but I could not do it. I had to see what was going on, even if I wasn't necessarily interested. Even if I'm silent by virtue of my social anxiety, I'm processing the external world in my mind. I also don't last long in isolation (unless there's internet or I'm home), no matter how much I lust for it. In the aforementioned situation, when I did finally escape the party and entered solitude for a while, I felt relieved but I also felt unsatisfied. I felt as if I was missing something (or everything). I went back after three minutes. Then I escaped again after another few minutes. This cycle continued until the party ended or we started playing soccer. I was one of the last to leave.

My narcissistic idealistic dreams often center around me being the center of attention. But when time calls for it, I withdraw and go invisible because I'm afraid of messing up or embarrassing myself or god knows what. Funny, I entertain the idea of being the center of attention when I'm alone.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Anyone?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Keys 2 Cognition
    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.4)
    unused
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.5)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************************** (47.9)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************** (17.2)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (45.9)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (28.7)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24.4)
    average use
    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP

PersonalityCafe
    The first two depend on whether I'm introverted or extroverted (Ni > Ne when I, Ne > Ni when E), and I'm not sure about that.
    Ne = Ni > Ti > Fi > Fe > Si > Te > Se

Most Likely: ENTP/INFJ
    or Second Possibility: INFJ/ENTP
    or Third Possibility: INTP

SimilarMinds
    Te (Extroverted Thinking) (40%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (85%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (75%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (95%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (30%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (50%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (40%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (20%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    based on your results your type is likely - unclear

MMDI
    INTJ 80
    INTP 77
    INFJ 76
    ENTP 72
    INFP 68
    ENFP 64
    ENTJ 62
    ISTP 62
    ENFJ 54
    ISFP 53
    ISTJ 52
    ESTJ 48
    ISFJ 47
    ESTP 40
    ESFP 39
    ESFJ 35

I'm confused! Am I an ENTP, INTP or peculiar INFJ? My strongest functions are Ne, Ni and Ti.

Socionics
    ILI

@MasterOfAwesome
    Well you have two irrational types and one rational type to decide from.

Do you trust in your perceptions of events through intuition more than your reasoning or do you trust more in your reasoning than your perception of events through intuition? Or do you not even know?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    @MasterOfAwesome
    Well you have two irrational types and one rational type to decide from.

Do you trust in your perceptions of events through intuition more than your reasoning or do you trust more in your reasoning than your perception of events through intuition? Or do you not even know?
    I don't know.

On second thought, I think I detect a pattern in my thought process. I arrive at a conclusion through intuition, and then I try to reason it out or analyze it. I'm not sure this happens all the time, though.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I don't really know. I suppose it's because one-on-one conversations are more intense? I find it extremely difficult to make eye contact in such situations. I love one-on-one conversations when we're walking while talking, with our bodies facing towards a common destination, instead of being mutually opposite. Walking stimulates my mind and makes conversation easier. Walking or couching. Definite no to sitting, unless I'm browsing the internet. But I still prefer browsing the internet on my bed, laying down.
    Doesn't sound (MBTI) type related, this issue about eye contact.

By the way, here's a peculiarity of mine.
    I have noticed that in social situations, I find it hard to tune people out, unless the situation is terribly boring (this happens almost always in high school, though). This mostly happens whenever I'm being socially anxious or self-conscious. I try to withdraw into my own world, but my brain keeps switching me back to the external world. I want to listen to my own thoughts, but I can't help listening to what the people in my vicinity are saying, especially if I know them. For example, yesterday, I was in a party where I was anxious and did not want people to see or talk to me. Therefore, I tried to get lost in my thoughts in order to tune them out and not worry about them, but I could not do it. I had to see what was going on, even if I wasn't necessarily interested. Even if I'm silent by virtue of my social anxiety, I'm processing the external world in my mind. I also don't last long in isolation (unless there's internet or I'm home), no matter how much I lust for it. In the aforementioned situation, when I did finally escape the party and entered solitude for a while, I felt relieved but I also felt unsatisfied. I felt as if I was missing something (or everything). I went back after three minutes. Then I escaped again after another few minutes. This cycle continued until the party ended or we started playing soccer. I was one of the last to leave.

My narcissistic idealistic dreams often center around me being the center of attention. But when time calls for it, I withdraw and go invisible because I'm afraid of messing up or embarrassing myself or god knows what. Funny, I entertain the idea of being the center of attention when I'm alone.
    This... why do you ever even consider INTP?! You're no INTP

That social anxiety might be fucking up things but you still seem an extravert.

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (75%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (95%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

I'm confused! Am I an ENTP, INTP or peculiar INFJ? My strongest functions are Ne, Ni and Ti.
    ENTP I would guess. Why couldn't an ENTP have strong Ni?

Just a clarification question. Do you do the bolded a lot? Or the other one (Ni)?

MBTI
    ENTP

Hey, so I don't know if you will still read this, but I was on more or less the same situation.
    I wasn't not sure if i was INTP or ENTP aaand i have an anxiety disorder.
    I was super anxious whenever i was around people, and the more i isolated myself the more i got sick. I lived alone around the time and the best solution was to go back living with my parents.
    My anxiety is controlled now (the right meds and decent therapy go a long way) and i realize that i get some energy talking to people, discuting ideas, concepts, asking questions and learning new stuff in general.
    there is also my learning patern.
    i think in a web. i get a new thing look at it in every way and see how it relates to other things. the more i learn, the more conections i make.
    i used to think everybody was like that, with sinapses conections and what not, but this is Ne and there is people who have linear though patern (this is a pretty weird concept to me, actually)
    Why don't you only take into consideration the times you are relaxed when doing the tests? do you get worse if you're isolated for a long time? i went to anxious to downright paranoia when i stoped leaving home for 2 weeks.

MBTI
    ENTP

The main reason why I doubt I'm an ENTP (or Ne-dom for that matter) is because I do not excel at generating ideas, unless I'm provided with external stimuli. For example, if I'm included in a group of friends responsible for organizing a party and someone asks me, "So, give me some ideas", my mind will go blank. I need some sort of specification because there are so many things that are possible. I can't tell them to arrange for a syndicate of terrorists to barge in and start shooting the balloons and get the DJ to operate a sound system using electromagnetic waves, can I? What kind of ideas do you want? Anything is possible. I need some sort of background. Ask me to supply ideas just like that and I'll fail. Give me just one sentence and I can give you many ideas which will later expand to other ideas.

An ENTP is supposed to be the archetypal idea generator. I'm terrible at coming up with ideas on the spot, unless I'm given enough information. I spend more time researching and looking for patterns then I do brainstorming.
    Thought I'd chime in here. What you're describing isn't really idea generation in the realm of the ENTP as I see it. Remember that the ENTP has a dominant Extroverted Intuition function and a secondary Introverted Thinking. I have read Jung since being linked here and he specifically states that Intuition is the cognition that can't be done consciously. What that means is that Ne - or extraverted intuition - can't be forced. It is I should think, by definition, reactionary from outside stimuly.

When someone is asking you to come up with ideas for a party, they are asking you to use your Feeling and Sensing in the form: "What would be fun?" i.e. "What would Feel fun?". Since NT types are not really emotional types and lacking in empathy (Sensing) unless focusing on it specifically, you simply don't have much clue.

On the other hand, ENTP idea generation comes easily in business and shown as being great at seeing strategy and opportunities for growth, because the Extroverted Intuition is excellent at seeing possibilities where others don't see them yet. Remember Jung, Intuition is basically unconscious cognition/understanding, while Thinking might see the same opportunities it takes too long time to analyze everything properly and formulate reasons and systems. The Feeling type is not really useful for this and the Sensing type only sees what is now without seeing potential.

Intuition on the other hand allows you to come with a great 'idea' of a strategy or a possibility, precisely because of external influence. That is extroverted intuition, to quickly grasp the essence of the external world without necessarily being able to completely understand it yet, that is where the Introverted Thinking comes in.

I'll give you two examples. When I first saw Barack Obama a good 1.5 year before he ran for democratic candidate, I instantly knew that here was the next president. I am not a fortune teller of course, but my intuition just told me he was important. Later on I could realize why through thinking about his unique position or characteristics. Another example is Bitcoin, which I very quickly got the intuition/feeling that this was something major. I instantly saw the possibilities where Bitcoin would change banking, taxation and such. This was 5 years or more ago. I didn't act on it, because I hadn't been able to Think it through, which is the major problem with Extroverted Intuition and Perceiving. Even if you get a strong enthusiasm for something, it can be very difficult top follow through.

I hope someone else will give me commentary if I am way of base here.