User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default My result doesn't sound right?

I didn't get the same "That is me!" spine-tingling response that I got for the MBTI. Are Ennegrams supposed to sound so... I dunno, vague? (Borderline wrong even?)

It said I was a 6, It seemed rather unfitting past the first paragraph (people readily trust you but you don't trust others). Though I do have fears (and a lot of them as it said) I neither confront or avoid them, I deal with them as they come, sometimes it's not so bad, other times it can be unpleasant but I'll live.

My second option, 2 sounded closer, however I never demand love in return, nor have I ever thought I had the right to be loved, I see it as something that has to be given, not earned.

The closer to the end I got the more I clicked "yes" (minus one or two per page), did I take the test wrong? Or was it just a "loose" internet one?
    http://www.eclecticenergies.com/ <--------This is the site I used

And here's the yield:

Type 6 - 12.7
    Type 2 - 12.7
    Type 5 - 11.7
    Type 4 - 11
    Type 1 - 11
    Type 9 - 10.7
    Type 7 - 8
    Type 3 - 7.3

Wing 6w5 - 18.6
    Wing 2w1 - 18.2
    Wing 5w6 - 18.1
    Wing 1w2 - 17.4
    Wing 5w4 - 17.2
    Wing 4w5 - 16.9
    Wing 6w7 - 16.7
    Wing 2w3 - 16.4
    Wing 1w9 - 16.4
    Wing 9w1 - 16.2
    Wing 4w3 - 14.7
    Wing 7w6 - 14.4
    Wing 3w2 - 13.7
    Wing 9w8 - 12.9
    Wing 3w4 - 12.8
    Wing 7w8 - 10.2

Sooo, is it wrong, faulty or what? :S
    I offer understanding, help and basic human decency, in exchange all I ask is to be accepted.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

F a test. Those things might be a good indicator of where to start looking, but start digging into some information and reading descriptions of all the types is a way better way to find your type. Feel free to bring any questions to the forum. People are willing to help, but ultimately you know you best
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

WhoCares

Enneagram tests are just a starting point, I type higher as a 1 on those tests because I have a sense of right and wrong but I lack the action orientation if a 1 and fit the description if a 5 much better. I believe I am a 5 because of what motivates and scares me. Read a variety of descriptions then decide for yourself.

MBTI
    INFJ

Thank you both! I'll see which is "more me" and when y'all know me a bit better I'll see if you think I chose right I really do love this place, everyone's so supportive!
    I offer understanding, help and basic human decency, in exchange all I ask is to be accepted.

WhoCares

@Sanjuro posted a little self test to help define one's type. Take a look at this.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/66916-how-did-you-
    determine-your-motivational-fear.html

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Depending on what day of the week, I test as E7, E3, and E8. So... bleh... I had to do some research of my own to arrive at 8.

the best way is to determine your fear and motivation... when you know what drives you in life to do things you do, you can easily find your type, but I know it's hard to be sure about this. 6 is not just about fear and 2 is not just about love, what matters is what motivates them to avoid rejection/failure.... Would you say you know what do you want in your life? What do you want from people, or future? What are your goals? If you know them, why do you think you strive for them? What are you expectations?

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    @Sanjuro posted a little self test to help define one's type. Take a look at this.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/66916-how-did-you-
    determine-your-motivational-fear.html
    I may post an improved questionnaire in this forum whenever I'm not doing everything else.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Books. If you like to determine type by what gets a strong reaction from you (helped me, too), the most provocative enneagram texts I've read are Naranjo's Character and Neurosis, which takes a core pathological angle, and Riso and Huson's Personality Types, which exhaustively focuses levels of health and describes the types from healthy states downward in progression to the pits of madness. These are dark, especially the second because of its structure, but enneagram unlike MBTI is supposed to snag you by the flaws and the embarrassing memories.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by empertet View Post
    My second option, 2 sounded closer, however I never demand love in return, nor have I ever thought I had the right to be loved, I see it as something that has to be given, not earned.
    I don't think 2's demand love explicitly. After all, they put others' needs in front of their own needs. So I'm not a type 2 but it seems logical to me that it also excludes explicit demanding of love. Maybe an unhealthy 2 disintegrating into 8 could be like that.

The same for "love has to be given, not earned"