User Tag List

123 Last

Default Could I really be a sensor?

hello guys (:
    First, I hope this will be my last thread, I hope Im not that annoying like I think I am right now, but I just want to figure my type out like I cant.
    I think I nailed myself down to either INFP or ISxJ, there were several people here who believed that I have to be ISxJ, because I said that I had to take responsibility early in life and that I always found security in rules and laws. A few tough were believing Im INFP.
    Maybe Im "just" a ISFJ, but I dont know if these things are typical sensor behaviour?

-I zone out a loooot, I cant focus, I zone out during school lessons, I zone out during watching films, its sooo difficult for me to be attentive. (But I just have this behaviour since 2 or 3 years or something, maybe thats a loop?)
    -I have somewhat a great vocabulary and I always had, that I tend to withhold to not be viewed as a total freak, I write great formal texts, like argumentative essays or something.
    -I always interprate way too much in someones behaviour, when in reality theyre just dumb. I can come up with 831803 theories about why that specific someone is acting that specific way
    -As far as I can say this with 17, I think that Im somewhat good at understanding theories, but I can also remember details if I am able to focus and be attentive
    -Im somewhat deep, with a rich inner life, which nobody really notices I guess. I get annoyed with the most people because they are alltogether shallow as fuck, just talking about clothes, make up, their ex boyfriends and their hair.

So I think I made it to narrow myself down to 3 types, I would reeeeally appreciate it if someone could help me to figure this out, and to help me getting peace

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Don't worry, many of us have taken a long time to figure out our types and still even waver later

Being an enneagram 6 easily accounts for taking responsibility early in life and finding security in rules and laws.

-I always interprate way too much in someones behaviour, when in reality theyre just dumb. I can come up with 831803 theories about why that specific someone is acting that specific way
    -As far as I can say this with 17, I think that Im somewhat good at understanding theories, but I can also remember details if I am able to focus and be attentive
    These two make me think you are N - if you are good naturally at understanding theories but have to try to remember detail. I am the same way; I remember theory automatically but have to be paying attention specifically to remember detail. An ISxJ is naturally attentive to detail and will not generally have to exert much effort to remember it.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lume View Post
    hello guys (:
    First, I hope this will be my last thread, I hope Im not that annoying like I think I am right now, but I just want to figure my type out like I cant.
    Aww, there's nothing annoying about you making a thread wondering about your type; think of all the people who make multiple threads about theirs!!! hahah lol

Maybe Im "just" a ISFJ, but I dont know if these things are typical sensor behaviour?

-I zone out a loooot, I cant focus, I zone out during school lessons, I zone out during watching films, its sooo difficult for me to be attentive. (But I just have this behaviour since 2 or 3 years or something, maybe thats a loop?)
    I dunno about a loop in your case, only you could answer that, but I think most introverts are going to have a tendency to go into their heads, 'zone out', both sensing and intuitive ones. As, primary 'world' is inwards.

-I have somewhat a great vocabulary and I always had, that I tend to withhold to not be viewed as a total freak, I write great formal texts, like argumentative essays or something.
    I imagine there are quite a few more intellectual ISxx's who have a larger vocabulary. Nothing says sensors can't have large vocabularies.

I don't know about this one, whether this is more typical of sensor or intuitive; however I can relate.

Both sensors and intuitives can grasp theories, and excel in school in more theoretical realms. I think intuitives more naturally reside in theory, and live and breathe it, whereas sensors tend not to. Also, sometimes I think it's interesting to ponder the idea of not-so-bright-intuitives - i.e., do you think those who aren't very intelligent, sensor and intuitive alike, are ever really going to grasp complex theories? Probably not. So I don't think comprehending theories - the ability to comprehend - is a good distinction for determining S vs N. I think it's better to focus on the nature of your mind when you're daydreaming, when you're talking to people, what you think about the most.

-Im somewhat deep, with a rich inner life, which nobody really notices I guess. I get annoyed with the most people because they are alltogether shallow as fuck, just talking about clothes, make up, their ex boyfriends and their hair.
    I think I used to think this about myself, re. rich inner life, and I do consider myself 'deep' in some ways. However, I think that my inner world differs pretty significantly from INxx's, from what I've read on the forum over the years. Re. nobody noticing, well, no-one is going to 'notice' if you're keeping it all to yourself! I can relate to thinking most people are shallow; it was a big element of dissonance I experienced while in school. That, ultimately, ties into your personal values - what you find 'shallow' vs. not.

So I think I made it to narrow myself down to 3 types, I would reeeeally appreciate it if someone could help me to figure this out, and to help me getting peace
    I dunno enough about you to know your type, just thought I'd add my perspective re. the things you listed.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

to add sth., I was asked before whats going on inside my mind when Im daydreaming or zoning out, Im not able to tell everything because I just tend to forget it when Im "here" again. But they are mostly some thought triggered by words somebody mentioned, so I would say Im thinking sort of linear. I often find myself having song lyrics inside my head, Im making up scenarios sometimes, or just thinking about things which I cant tell because like I mentioned, tend to forget it.
    I had people telling me Im a sensor because my thoughts are focusing on rather daily, normal things. I dont know..

I read a bit in forums, and I somehow couldnt really identify with the ISFJs here, cause that are like 3 people who are like the stereotypical ISFJ, loving tot ake care of others and cleaning and things a like.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I think Ne > Se

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I had people telling me Im a sensor because my thoughts are focusing on rather daily, normal things. I dont know..
    What things are those?

Im focusing much on appearance and just perfectionism in general. I can get overly insecure if my hair isnt washed daily, if my eyeliner isnt drawn perfect, if my clothes dont look good and things a like. (I care about appearance because then I feel better about myself, but I dont like to talk about things like this like most other girls) This year my grades really dropped -in my opinion- I was always an A student but now Im just writing Bs and Cs and I even had an F on a test, things like this are stuck in my head.
    I reflect about emotions a lot, Im easily affected if something hurts me and then I begin to over dramaticise, seeing patterns in peoples behaviour which I think might not exist, but if I think or feel that someone is against me I see proof in every little sign. I tend to think a lot about things like this, if its real or if Im just making it up because Im hurt and overly sensitive.
    I need to think a lot to know how I feel most of the time. Often Im just not sure how I feel about something. I get insecure if a fast emotional reaction is expected.

I often think about what Ill have to do the day or the week, I make lists in my head. I feel the need to plan something, if I buy someing and there are two sizes of the package (ist an example of buying stuff for my contactlenses, I dont know how to say it in english) and I just normally began calculating how much cheeper the bigger package would be per piece and how lonh I wont need to buy a new one. And I found myself doing this a lot lately.

Like I said, I cant really tell what Im thinking about if I zone out because I.tend to forget it. But I think this is some input which is not so bad.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Im focusing much on appearance and just perfectionism in general. I can get overly insecure if my hair isnt washed daily, if my eyeliner isnt drawn perfect, if my clothes dont look good and things a like. (I care about appearance because then I feel better about myself, but I dont like to talk about things like this like most other girls)
    I'm not trying to offend you....but why is it less shallow not talking about it? You don't have to answer that one heh.

Anyway interest in appearance doesn't have to be S but it could be, sure.

This year my grades really dropped -in my opinion- I was always an A student but now Im just writing Bs and Cs and I even had an F on a test, things like this are stuck in my head.
    I reflect about emotions a lot, Im easily affected if something hurts me and then I begin to over dramaticise, seeing patterns in peoples behaviour which I think might not exist, but if I think or feel that someone is against me I see proof in every little sign. I tend to think a lot about things like this, if its real or if Im just making it up because Im hurt and overly sensitive.
    I need to think a lot to know how I feel most of the time. Often Im just not sure how I feel about something. I get insecure if a fast emotional reaction is expected.

I often think about what Ill have to do the day or the week, I make lists in my head. I feel the need to plan something, if I buy someing and there are two sizes of the package (ist an example of buying stuff for my contactlenses, I dont know how to say it in english) and I just normally began calculating how much cheeper the bigger package would be per piece and how lonh I wont need to buy a new one. And I found myself doing this a lot lately.

Like I said, I cant really tell what Im thinking about if I zone out because I.tend to forget it. But I think this is some input which is not so bad.
    There isn't really much S in this, maybe just a focus on Te. That doesn't mean you prefer Te over Fi, though.

I guess I'll stick with the INFP guess for you Or ISTJ for second? But I don't know you of course...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Both sensors and intuitives can grasp theories, and excel in school in more theoretical realms. I think intuitives more naturally reside in theory, and live and breathe it, whereas sensors tend not to. Also, sometimes I think it's interesting to ponder the idea of not-so-bright-intuitives - i.e., do you think those who aren't very intelligent, sensor and intuitive alike, are ever really going to grasp complex theories? Probably not. So I don't think comprehending theories - the ability to comprehend - is a good distinction for determining S vs N. I think it's better to focus on the nature of your mind when you're daydreaming, when you're talking to people, what you think about the most.
    Nicely-worded explanation

Well, it's more complex than that. Sensors do tend to focus on more concrete, present issues than iNtuitives. They are often good with the "5 Ws": who, what, when, where, why. The present state of existence of things, the tangible facts of a situation. However, that does not necessarily translate into being interested in daily/normal things. My ISFJ loves politics and urban exploration; he can talk loops around me about government structure and function. My ISTP brother is barely out of high school and is already performing complex chemistry, and he explained to my mom and I yesterday in the car about how certain chemical reactions in prescription drugs can damage your heart through acidity levels corroding its tissue. The similarity in both cases is how they focus on what exists (or what has existed, especially in the case of SJs) and how it works.

iNtuitives on the other hand tend to focus more on vague and sweeping concepts, and tend to get lost in construction of theoretical models to get at those abstracts. We tend to focus on what could exist or what could become, and how all things are interrelated. But Ns can be plenty involved in "daily" life too - makeup is a hobby of mine for sure!

Like @cascadeco explained well, it's really about what style of processing you tend to retreat to most when you're thinking. Try to focus on what you think about when you're alone, and how you approach concepts when you're learning. Do you tend to prefer learning the facts of a situation? Or do you tend to prefer a theoretical model? Which is more natural for you to start with?

Im focusing much on appearance and just perfectionism in general. I can get overly insecure if my hair isnt washed daily, if my eyeliner isnt drawn perfect, if my clothes dont look good and things a like. (I care about appearance because then I feel better about myself, but I dont like to talk about things like this like most other girls) This year my grades really dropped -in my opinion- I was always an A student but now Im just writing Bs and Cs and I even had an F on a test, things like this are stuck in my head.
    Sorry about your grades! I don't think this kind of thinking is very indicative of N/S, just that you care a lot about your appearance and maybe are a little more anxious than most people.

This is very 6ish, I understand it! Probably F, too.

Introverts in general tend to dislike demand/expectation of quick reactions.

I think this is fairly normal. Like valaki said maybe a touch of Te.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Introverts in general tend to dislike demand/expectation of quick reactions.
    Interesting, I like quick reacting if it's non verbal and especially if it doesn't involve people, I have a lot of trouble with it if it's supposed to be verbal involving people, is that I or E now?

EDIT: Actually, online I'm better with the verbal part too. Offline, terrible

Not nitpicking, genuinely curious