First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Interesting, I like quick reacting if it's non verbal and especially if it doesn't involve people, I have a lot of trouble with it if it's supposed to be verbal involving people, is that I or E now?

EDIT: Actually, online I'm better with the verbal part too. Offline, terrible

Not nitpicking, genuinely curious
    Lol, you're fine.

As to your question, I'd guess that probably would correlate with ST, if anything? Maybe ISTP?

In general I have noticed all types of introverts saying they don't like an expectation of quick response, hence my above comment. But in each person's case, it could really have anything to do with a number of factors. Personally I don't like an expectation/demand of quick reaction if I'm going to be seriously judged on it (whereas I enjoy recreation activities that involve quick reaction) but for me I think that has to do with my enneatype - 6s like preparation time. That may be impacting @lume, too, though it sounds like for her it has more to do with a fairly long emotional response time.

brainheart

As @skylights said, N doesn't equal smart. I'm actually an idiot at a lot of things (especially math, and organizing my time, and strategizing, and doing things in order, and being productive, and remembering what I did two hours ago). So what am I 'smart' at? I love philosophizing- thinking of all of the 'what-ifs', but not to find answers, just to explore them. I'm good at paying attention to what's inside of me and thereby knowing what matters to me, what I believe in. I'm good at knowing whether a situation or a sentence or the art I'm creating feels 'right' or 'wrong'. I'm good at noticing the innate value of every living thing and recognizing it/ honoring it. I'm also good at interpreting poetry and literature and films and art- but again, not to find the correct answer, but all of the possible interpretations, but most importantly, what it means to me. Every INFP I know personally would say something similar, and one is an e3, one is a e4, one is an e6, one is an e9.

What, @lume, are you 'smart'/ good at?

Im really good at writing argumentative essays, and Im somewhat good at discussing. I can see a topic from many different views without even trying, we once had to read an article about a topic which I never understood before, I read the text and were able to put the issue in a nutshell. I had teachers telling me that I have good arguments, I often find good arguments for both sides.
    Im also somewhat good in grasping theories, I dont know if its just because Im 17, and school isnt demanding that much, but I find myself studying half an hour for our chemistry exams and writing an A (chemistry is the only subject where I still have As btw), I had a B+ in maths altough I didnt pay attention in school, I learned for like 2 hours from the book. So Im somewhat good at theorethical things like this, even if I dont really like maths.
    With history or geography its not that easy, I dont like to study, Im learning but zoning out all the time and performing rather bad on the exams. I can remember details if I want to, but it takes some effort which I dont like to invest.

Like I mentioned, I love making up theories, and I just do it automatically. I have a ENTP best friend and she comes up with a lot of weird questions, if Im in a good mood I like talking and discussing these things, but Im often in a mood where I just dont want to talk.
    I somehow love discussing, if I dont have to feel insecure about what Im saying, if its in a surrounding where everybody respects each other. I just love bringing out multiple views, reflecting about issues and coming to several points together. If I know something I come across as rather confident I guess.

Sorry I didnt say it like I meant it, the girls Im talking about are only talking about things like that, and maybe theyre gossiping. But thats all they talk about. I paid special attention to it and a girl from my school which was a friend of mine was never talking about anything else, and I watched this a month. So I think if someone can only talk about these things, that makes them shallow.

brainheart

Have you ever considered INTP?

yeah, i have. but Im so overly sensitive that I ruled it out..

brainheart

The things that you mention that you like about yourself are how you are good at arguments and how you get good grades. This makes me think T over F for you. You are a little confusing because you seem to care about grades a lot, which seems more like J behavior (results) but you also seem to not care about grades enough to study a lot (more P behavior). And maybe you care about grades because you're a six? Or because your intelligence is important to you and to have bad grades makes you think maybe you aren't as smart as you think you are?

Yes, the whole liking to theorize thing leans toward N, but the thoughts you mentioned before were very practical (make up, cost of items).

I will put this out there- INTPs can often be quite sensitive. I think it's an inferior Fe thing, like they're not good at Fe so they're a little sensitive about it and sometimes try extra hard, or they have difficulty reading feelings so they feel a little lost about it. My INTP brother was a very sensitive, very emotional teenager. Not empathetic so much, but definitely touchy. As he's gotten older, he really pays attention to social niceties/cues. For example, we went on a hike recently and he didn't hear this woman who passed us say hi and he was really put off by it. I also have an INTP friend who gets sulky and offended if I don't call. And yes, he is a caring person. He does lots of nice, caring things for the people who matter to him.

My ISTJ dad is really sensitive too. He definitely takes things personally and gets really defensive. He's also caring, but he doesn't know how to express it well with words and physical affection.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Have you ever considered INTP?
    Yes, this is a good thought!

Yes, thats it. I fear being not intelligent, as Im always viewed as the smart kid and I kind of liked that. And I never really studied because Im way too lazy. I got my grades because Ive always done easy at school, but now a time started where I actually habe to do something and I just dont have enough time for myself or my interests or hobbies anymore and I fear being not viewed as smart anymore.

Maybe its because Im a teenager and a girl. And the reason why Im stating myself as emotional is mostly because I have my boyfriend now and hes just so great, hes the only one I can fully trust and I love him so much. Since I knew him I opened up to him and got very sensitive, probably because I have trusst issues.

If Im emotional, its mostly because I feel hurt or something. Its somehow bad to say but I dont really care for someone else, except like 2 people, but about them I care so deeply that if I feel that they are sad I just start crying.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by lume View Post
    Yes, thats it. I fear being not intelligent, as Im always viewed as the smart kid and I kind of liked that. And I never really studied because Im way too lazy. I got my grades because Ive always done easy at school, but now a time started where I actually habe to do something and I just dont have enough time for myself or my interests or hobbies anymore and I fear being not viewed as smart anymore.

Maybe its because Im a teenager and a girl. And the reason why Im stating myself as emotional is mostly because I have my boyfriend now and hes just so great, hes the only one I can fully trust and I love him so much. Since I knew him I opened up to him and got very sensitive, probably because I have trusst issues.

If Im emotional, its mostly because I feel hurt or something. Its somehow bad to say but I dont really care for someone else, except like 2 people, but about them I care so deeply that if I feel that they are sad I just start crying.
    What are your interests and hobbies?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"