• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type of EFP is Chanaynay?

What is Chandler's type?

• Total voters

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you for the response by the way [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION]. Could you explain why you see me as ENFP? :thinking:
Mainly because I've seen you typed that way for so long. Also, I am wondering about all that sp-last stuff that we share--is it sp-last, or Si-inf? I guess I relate to you on those grounds.

Not great reasons, I admit. ;)

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're welcome. I find some Ne descriptions odd at best--I don't even understand them. Stuff like "I entertain multiple possibilities while holding none of them true or false" and "the environment exists only as a potential for greater things" is not all that clear. I think the latter quote there means what I said it does in the above post, but again, it's not terribly comprehensible as is.

Do you do that, keeping multiple possibilities like that?

Lol, I test as ISTP on EVERY MBTI test, including the professional ones administered at work. I tend to emphasize things like "common sense", "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", "arts and crafts", and "things that are real" so that I wind up testing as S. I think it's E8 influenced more than it's got anything to do with my cognition. It's usually borderline with the N, though.

Also, my problem is that I think I remember facts and details really well and that I'm observant of the environment, because I'm more aware of the times I actually DO notice those things. I really had to observe myself before figuring out that I'm way out in left field like 95% of the time.

So I think those are the reasons I test as an S.

Haha maybe E8, sure... for me the people who've seen me IRL, when given a really short quick MBTI test, while having no previous knowledge of MBTI, will have me tested as ISTx (the J/P is about equal so far). Well a friend of mine picked ESTP for me after getting to know the system more.

I'm the opposite to you about remembering facts and details and being observant of the environment. That's funny. :p I actually thought I was bad at remembering certain details until I noticed that I do it very well when the context calls for it. Out of context, I'm indeed bad at it / just don't care to do it. Guess that means I don't use Si eh, just Se with this dependency on context? For some reason I also thought I was bad at remembering sensory details but then I decided to test myself on it and I'm actually very good with it, stuff gets recorded just as I saw it. As for being observant of the environment, I don't think much of this by default, I don't make an outright effort to observe the environment. It just "is", and the scanning of it happens automatically "on its own" if that makes sense.

I wonder if OP is good at any of that??

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Going back to what I think is right. Thank you everyone for your time. :)

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you do that, keeping multiple possibilities like that?
Well I can, I suppose. I like to think of myself as open-minded, and that more than one possibility may be true. Generally, with the Ne process, it's like an unintentional brainstorm session though. "I could go to town A on vacation...or town B...or town C. But Town A seems the best. On the other hand town B has a magic unicorn on exhibit. Or I could go to town D." Sometimes Si will kick in if I can't come to a conclusion: "Let's just go to town C. They have that great restaurant there."

This thought process seems like it could open up a lot of potentials, but it can actually lead to me making extremely bad decisions.

Haha maybe E8, sure... for me the people who've seen me IRL, when given a really short quick MBTI test, while having no previous knowledge of MBTI, will have me tested as ISTx (the J/P is about equal so far). Well a friend of mine picked ESTP for me after getting to know the system more.
I imagine I present like an ISTx as well. My own mother seemed to think ISTP was extremely apt. I think 8s are more reserved than is generally acknowledged.

I'm the opposite to you about remembering facts and details and being observant of the environment. That's funny. :p I actually thought I was bad at remembering certain details until I noticed that I do it very well when the context calls for it. Out of context, I'm indeed bad at it / just don't care to do it. Guess that means I don't use Si eh, just Se with this dependency on context? For some reason I also thought I was bad at remembering sensory details but then I decided to test myself on it and I'm actually very good with it, stuff gets recorded just as I saw it. As for being observant of the environment, I don't think much of this by default, I don't make an outright effort to observe the environment. It just "is", and the scanning of it happens automatically "on its own" if that makes sense.
Yeah, that makes sense. These functions are just what our brains "do", not what we make any effort to do. Actually, it takes an effort NOT to use our natural functions.

The inferior function sometimes biases test results, actually--we get caught up in it and remember it most strongly since it's so distinct from our habitual state. Also, people can think they're "better" at their inferior function than they really are, so your experience sounds really spot on.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I can, I suppose. I like to think of myself as open-minded, and that more than one possibility may be true. Generally, with the Ne process, it's like an unintentional brainstorm session though. "I could go to town A on vacation...or town B...or town C. But Town A seems the best. On the other hand town B has a magic unicorn on exhibit. Or I could go to town D." Sometimes Si will kick in if I can't come to a conclusion: "Let's just go to town C. They have that great restaurant there."

This thought process seems like it could open up a lot of potentials, but it can actually lead to me making extremely bad decisions.

Then, as a contrast, in hindsight I sometimes feel I should've been able to see this option or that option. Too one-track mind.

I imagine I present like an ISTx as well. My own mother seemed to think ISTP was extremely apt. I think 8s are more reserved than is generally acknowledged.

Quite some 8's, I'm sure.

Yeah, that makes sense. These functions are just what our brains "do", not what we make any effort to do. Actually, it takes an effort NOT to use our natural functions.

The inferior function sometimes biases test results, actually--we get caught up in it and remember it most strongly since it's so distinct from our habitual state. Also, people can think they're "better" at their inferior function than they really are, so your experience sounds really spot on.

Haha yeah lots of my memories are about Ni-ish moments. I mean the memories that I would consciously try to call up later.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
im bringing this back do this!
[MENTION=11928]Woaden[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=18559]Inis Mona[/MENTION] [MENTION=22109]silvery sleeves[/MENTION] [MENTION=21639]SilentMusings[/MENTION] and others

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
ENFP.

You don't strike me as a Se user, and lack the impulsive nature and desire for sensory stimulation that I would associate with an ESFP 7w6.

Because you aren't a poster I know that well, don't take my POV as authoritative. But that's my take...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
im bringing this back do this!
[MENTION=11928]Woaden[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=18559]Inis Mona[/MENTION] [MENTION=22109]silvery sleeves[/MENTION] [MENTION=21639]SilentMusings[/MENTION] and others

Do you relate more to NF or SP?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFP.

You don't strike me as a Se user, and lack the impulsive nature and desire for sensory stimulation that I would associate with an ESFP 7w6.

Because you aren't a poster I know that well, don't take my POV as authoritative. But that's my take...

I was interested in your POV since we've had a few exchanges here so I was looking for a refreshing outlook on my type. :thinking:

FWIW, I am actually pretty impulsive IRL. Just the other day I dove into a fountain because I was "drawn to it" haha. I tend to get ideas of what to do and then act on them on a whim. I chase sensory stimulation in a variety of ways such as partying, traveling/exploring, listening to music alone (although [MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION] pointed out to me this is probably more Fi as to why I appreciate listening to music), and looking at pieces of artwork or the scenery around me.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like 7w8 impulsive where all of that anxiety is more-or-less concealed. I definitely think about doing something and then talk it out with my friends basically repeating over and over that I'm unsure if I should do it before I decide since I thought about it that long I might as well do it. But exciting experiences are definitely something I pursue whenever possible.

The problem is 7 is such an EP type. It's hard to look at how I perceive things, because in some ways everything seems like an explosion of concepts and ideas. One idea leads to another, suddenly I theorize something about how the world works in a matter of seconds. Of course I don't listen to every thought that pops into my head seriously, but yeah. But in other ways I'm also very direct. Many problems people complain about seem very trivial for me, and my answers usually involve a very direct approach. Sometimes I can just look at something as it is and how to interact/deal with whatever it is. I also speak directly as my thoughts are coming to me, and the sensory details of the world rush at me so fast that when I look around everything seems like a blurred image, I'm almost drowned in it.

So yeah...ESFP has always been in the back of my head. I'm still not sure because ExFP is what I'm definitely sure of but sometimes someone throws an S curveball at me and suddenly I'm thinking about it and some pieces fit into place.

Do you relate more to NF or SP?

NF - but I think most F types would relate to NF.

I wasn't being serious when I said ESFP a week or so ago.

I can't say I'm surprised, but now you got me thinking! :cry:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My opinion hasn't changed since last time -- ENFP but not in a slap-you-over-the-head-with-Ne kind of way.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why do you think that? Is it caused by "vibes"?

No, I just don't think an SF type would relate to having their life reduced to someone who preserves tradition or an artist/pleasure seeker when their focus on the humanitarian aspect of life, idealistic values, and capability of complex and abstract thought is emphasized more among the NF descriptions.

My opinion hasn't changed since last time -- ENFP but not in a slap-you-over-the-head-with-Ne kind of way.

Do you know any examples of ENFPs with both kinds of Ne? :thinking:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I just don't think an SF type would relate to having their life reduced to someone who preserves tradition or an artist/pleasure seeker when their focus on the humanitarian aspect of life, idealistic values, and capability of complex and abstract thought is emphasized more among the NF descriptions.

I did originally put it as NF or SP, not NF or SF. The former two are distinguishable as temperaments.

As far as your type is concerned, I would call it Sphinx-like.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you mean by this? O:

The famous Riddle of the Sphinx. Not that your personality has anything to do with the riddle itself, only the fact that the Sphinx has a riddle, just like you do.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The famous Riddle of the Sphinx. Not that your personality has anything to do with the riddle itself, only the fact that the Sphinx has a riddle, just like you do.

Interesting. I like this - I might put it in my signature if you don't mind. :alttongue: What do you think my riddle is?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting. I like this - I might put it in my signature if you don't mind. :alttongue: What do you think my riddle is?

Your Se and Ne are so close that neither function seems to be dominant.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your Se and Ne are so close that neither function seems to be dominant.

What goes Fi in the morning, Ne at noon, and Se in the evening?