• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type of EFP is Chanaynay?

What is Chandler's type?

• Total voters

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

I typically don't like to restrict certain areas of interest to certain types but it's true that my interests and how I pursue them probably make ENFP more likely.

Well it's not "typist" or some other type of politically correct crap like that. It's functionally related. Functionally intuitives are going to be more interested in MBTI and JCF because it's an abstract subject. If you don't believe me just take a look at the lack of sensing doms that are on these sites.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*bump* Because I'm still interested in hearing what other people have to say. :thinking: TALK ABOUT ME MORE PEOPLE.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me neither tbh but I just like when people talk about me.

i think chanaynay is the coolest dude. he makes me wanna shrink down, travel through the internet, return to normal size, and give him a big fat high five :D

W

WALMART

Describe your ideal partner.

(type by dual is dangerous work, don't try this at home)

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

i think chanaynay is the coolest dude. he makes me wanna shrink down, travel through the internet, return to normal size, and give him a big fat high five :D

a60.gif

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so

(type by dual is dangerous work, don't try this at home)
ahh! can't believe you just said this, i do this sometimes too.

don't know if it works if you ask the person to describe their ideal partner but if you watch for patterns in who people are drawn to, it can work.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

:hifive: Come on over baby!

/runs to my blog

Oh gosh, where to begin? First of all, I need someone with a calmer, more focused energy than mine. Being in the presence of someone calm and soothing balances me. I can have a soothing presence about me one-on-one but often my energy is very scattered which makes me seem very anxious and mentally occupied. I also need someone with more rational and level-headed as I can get very emotional and invested in things easily. I need someone who can soothe me with calming words but at the same time have a rationale behind it to back them up rather than just being baseless. Being a Social 7 I also want someone who would willingly participate in various activities with me to keep the spark alive. I don't want someone too hesitant or withdrawn to experience exciting new things because then I may get bored and feel confined in the relationship. I also need someone with a knack for managing finances. I'm horrible with money. However, I don't want someone too calm and flexible because constantly having my every whim catered to, while sounding nice, would also be boring. I need someone more assertive, who can cure the fact that I'm so tired of making the first move in my relationships. I want someone who will give me chase and is assertive about being in a relationship with me. Sexually, I also need someone spontaneous and assertive. Any other questions?

Although I wrote this in sort of a more emotional state. I don't need to be soothed as much as I thought then. Actually, I can kind of get annoyed when someone tries to be too sweet with me and calming with me. Sometimes I just like to be fired up. :alttongue: I guess there isn't exactly one single "ideal" for me because in different situations I might want different things. But yeah, generally I'd like to find someone who'd be like "don't worry, *logical view of how things would play out here*" when I get nervous. Hmm, this was a harder question than I thought it would be. But that quote is the closest thing as of now. Also, in the last sentence I didn't necessarily mean spontaneous, just someone willing to try new things I suggest haha.

W

WALMART

:hifive: Come on over baby!

/runs to my blog

Although I wrote this in sort of a more emotional state. I don't need to be soothed as much as I thought then. Actually, I can kind of get annoyed when someone tries to be too sweet with me and calming with me. Sometimes I just like to be fired up. :alttongue: I guess there isn't exactly one single "ideal" for me because in different situations I might want different things. But yeah, generally I'd like to find someone who'd be like "don't worry, *logical view of how things would play out here*" when I get nervous. Hmm, this was a harder question than I thought it would be. But that quote is the closest thing as of now. Also, in the last sentence I didn't necessarily mean spontaneous, just someone willing to try new things I suggest haha.

*strokes beard*

I don't doubt ENFP much at all.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he said he could see it but ENFP is probably more likely because I'm less realistic/pragmatic, more "in my head," and less visceral which are characteristics more attributed to N than S.

I've debated N/S before about myself so I'm going to respond hehe :) So maybe it can help... OK, so about this point, I'm realistic and pragmatic pretty much and always been visceral.

Anyway, I've started to think about it and have been entertaining the idea of being ESFP. What I loved about the ENFP online descriptions (which I know aren't that credible but I still enjoyed reading them) is that they can be really optimistic about the future, which I am, because of their ability to see possibilities for almost anything. But I'm starting to wonder if I can actually see these possibilities and instead just naturally believe positive outcomes are possible for anyone or anything.

Would a Ne-dom get unsure if they actually see possibilities?! This one can point towards Se.

Me, I don't really think of possibilities, just have the expectation that it's worth going ahead.

Another thing that got me thinking that I could be ESFP over ENFP is my fascination with the aesthetics of the earth's natural beauty. I actually really enjoy taking in beautiful sights. That's one of the reasons I want to explore the world and see so many parts of it. I was always drawn to the ocean and the beach, and I remember explaining it to someone it was more beauty-oriented than what it could be used for, more of an appreciation for what it naturally was than an appreciation for what it could be

I'm told this can be inferior S too

Though sure I can have such moments too

I also was under the false impression that Se-doms were so attuned to their environment that they could not possibly be a total klutz like I was. I'm a bull in a china shop, I kind of lack this awareness of the physical presence around me, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm not aware because I just really don't care. I associated me being klutzy with being S-inferior. I also probably am klutzy when I'm making a move because I'm aware of what else is around me to make less trouble (aka I just go for a bowl in the lower cabinet and grab it, pulling it over lots and lots of other bowls, instead of realizing it's on a table I can pull out and pulling out the table to grab the bowl without much resistance). When I want to appreciate what's around me I can totally turn it on. Although I feel like I suck at mapping out details which seems more ESP to me. I'm totally sloppy and just go for the general idea when explaining something unless I really actually care about it.

Er well the bowl example, I would never do it your way, exactly because I have awareness of what things are around me, including the table.

I also don't always care about the physical stuff around me, e.g. when nothing is happening, so I start reading or think about shit, but I retain a certain level of awareness that's enough to keep the ability to respond when something starts happening :).

Oh and many people tell me I learn concepts easily compared to most, I don't know what it means but I feel like it could be worth mentioning.

I learn them easily too but I have a feeling that if I was Ne-dom I would have even more affinity to learning concepts

Oh thank god I just remembered this. Anyway, another thing that got me thinking ESFP>ENFP was when I was talking with my ENFJ bestie. We were talking about our differing tastes in music. she said she liked music that made her "think" more while I liked music that made me "feel" more. so basically she liked music with compelling lyrics and multiple meanings that could be interpreted. she focused more on beat and lyrics. My focus is entirely vocal. I noticed that the music she was playing had really boring-sounding singers. I think AA made a good point about my music taste indicated S>N but just for the wrong reason. I like a good voice behind my music, Kelly Clarkson, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, etc. I actually don't really pay attention to lyrics that much. I told my friend I probably focus on voice so much because of what we learned in physics class about how you can physically feel certain emotions if you have the capacity to hit notes the right way (I forgot what my teacher said specifically though). It made sense for me, because I pretty much don't care at all how profound a song can be. If there's no emotion or passion in the voice, then I won't like it. I like hearing passion and raw emotion behind my singers. I don't know if I can properly describe it but that's what I get from the kind of singers I listen to. I don't really like when people just sing in a very monotone way and don't do anything special with their voice. There's no flair or passion for the song there. I dunno, I just can't feel the heart in it. :shrug: Anyway I'm probably sounding elitist here. Donedonedone.

As for the bolded - can you remember what he said, I mean your teacher, pretty please. !!!

Anyway that fact that you immediately connected the fact of your music preference to a theory indicates N ;P

I do relate btw, I like music that makes me "feel" more.

Also I feel like I'm thinking I could be an s due to my experience of seeing so many fucking Ns on here I just can't understand how there aren't as many Ss since they're supposedly statistically more common.

Yep some mistyping going on for sure.

...On the whole, assuming I'm a good Se-dom example to compare to, you sound ENFP to me

W

WALMART

What makes you say that? :unicorn:

Well, one thing I found intriguing during my studies was to see that Jung thought sensors and intuitors pair up quite naturally.

A few attributes you've identified in yourself I corroborate with intuition, and the parts of another you seek, sensing. It could probably work to swap the functions with feeling and thinking, respectively, but it's all the same.

Beyond that little formulaic reasoning, there are things like this, "I also need someone with more rational and level-headed as I can get very emotional and invested in things easily." that corroborate your type with intuition over sensing.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nay I was just reading your post again and I had some followup thoughts. :heart:

For one, I think your enneatype can probably account for a fair degree of your feeling-somewhat-ESFP-ness. 7 entails a degree of realism and practicality, despite its scattered volatility and big dreaming. 7s are resourceful and attuned to real-world opportunity, as well as harboring the optimistic quality of being able to appreciate what does exist, perhaps generally more than other N types. N 7s seem to see the possibility inherent in the current situation, whereas other Ns may have a harder time seeing the good without picturing change first. 6 also gives a dose of reality and steadiness that is more reminiscent of S than N.

Your appreciation of the ocean sounds very NF, an appreciation of its inherent value and beauty. I'm sure an SF could feel this too but the SF process would seem to link less to inherent worth and then appreciation, and more just directly to appreciation, if that makes sense. The way you put it is quite idealized. It seems holistic and is focused on why it's perfect.

You mentioned your ENFJ being more into lyrical analysis and you more into feeling, but I think that's more a reflection of Ni versus Fi rather than N versus S. Lyrics can be interesting but far more of the gravity and meaning for me comes from the feeling in the music, too.

I also question the "preponderance" of Ss. S and N seem pretty well balanced IRL to me. Supposedly MBTI statistics have SJs at some nutty percentage like 40%, and Ss at 75%, and I really, really doubt all of that. Reeks of N special snowflake issues to me.

PS I love you ;)