• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type of EFP is Chanaynay?

What is Chandler's type?

• Total voters

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One vote for N. As an ENFP 7, I really relate to the love of beauty and aesthetics that you mentioned. I think I read that's a 7w6 thing. It's about mood. What beauty evokes in me. Same with music. While I do like music that makes me think or whatever, I *love* music with heavy mood. A great singer can be everything. Just the feeling of a person passionately crying out from their own lungs is like chill-inspiring.

I don't get an orientation to details from you, and I'm klutzy as they come too, which seems to be pretty common among ENFPs. Thanks for hollering at me on the subject :)

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I told you vibe as S, because to me you seem like very energetic and passionate type oriented toward experience. This could be N, but I think you're more orriented toward real life sensory pleasurable experience. This could be as well just my idea about you...I think you might feel as N because you for sure have a lot of crazy ideas, ofcourse you have, you're a 7....And you probably also like to push the boundaries and try to do things new way, but again I think it's more orriented toward immidiate action and "hey try this out now!" attitude, which I connect more with Se.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're trying to figure out if you're Se-dom versus Ne-dom in order to work out the cognitive dissonance created by your test results. I would advise just forgetting about 'dominants' and focus on traits, because it's not a functions test. I'm sure you never limit yourself to just "one" in the external realm, why do so in the internal realm?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
to be honest, it was more of a gut impression I have of you. on a more superficial level, your interests (mainly psychology related) seem more NF than the more physical interests typical of SPs.

if anything, I'm probably a better candidate for SFP than you are (I'm pretty sure I'm not, but I have a little more bite to me than a lot of NFPs)

That's true. My interests are more NF-y than SP-y, focusing on interpersonal stuff and humanity.

E7 does also account for some degree of practicality; 6 for some groundedness. You'll be a little more realistic and action-oriented than e4 or e9 ENFPs.

That's true! I always forget that 7 is more action-oriented (probably due to the 8 wing), so maybe a lot of what I'm thinking could be ESFP could be me just being a 7.

One vote for N. As an ENFP 7, I really relate to the love of beauty and aesthetics that you mentioned. I think I read that's a 7w6 thing. It's about mood. What beauty evokes in me. Same with music. While I do like music that makes me think or whatever, I *love* music with heavy mood. A great singer can be everything. Just the feeling of a person passionately crying out from their own lungs is like chill-inspiring.

I don't get an orientation to details from you, and I'm klutzy as they come too, which seems to be pretty common among ENFPs. Thanks for hollering at me on the subject :)

Ahh good point. I do not pay attention to detail at all. I kind of just take in the general beauty of the entire scene when I observe it, rather than instinctively noticing what's so beautiful about it. When I described the ocean I was at in the OP, it probably was so specific because I had time to reflect upon the picture I saw.

Totally agree with your sentiments about music as well. I think maybe a lot of 7s could be oriented towards heavy music like we are compared to thought-compelling music because we're driven by an inner sense of scarcity, so we lust after things that make us feel more whole.

Missed you while I was out on my New Year's escapades btw. :hug:

I told you vibe as S, because to me you seem like very energetic and passionate type oriented toward experience. This could be N, but I think you're more orriented toward real life sensory pleasurable experience. This could be as well just my idea about you...I think you might feel as N because you for sure have a lot of crazy ideas, ofcourse you have, you're a 7....And you probably also like to push the boundaries and try to do things new way, but again I think it's more orriented toward immidiate action and "hey try this out now!" attitude, which I connect more with Se.

Ahh, thanks for your opinion. :) What would you consider sensory/pleasurable experiences? Because I'm very much interested in things like seeing the world, how beautiful it can be, falling in love (could this be a sensory experience because it's more "real world?"), and starting a family of my own. But you're definitely right when I get a lot of ideas to do things. Off the top of my head, I remember wanting to go swimming in a beautiful lake that I see on the highway when driving to my aunt's house in California (it'd be especially fun because you're not allowed to trespass), playing paintball with my friends/SO, vacationing in Bora Bora and spending all of our time in the bright blue water and the awesome bungalows, going to time square on New Year's Eve and celebrating with my guy and having our New Year's kiss, living in a beach town when I'm older, etc. I'm very drawn to the water, it's probably the Cancer in me. ;)

You're trying to figure out if you're Se-dom versus Ne-dom in order to work out the cognitive dissonance created by your test results. I would advise just forgetting about 'dominants' and focus on traits, because it's not a functions test. I'm sure you never limit yourself to just "one" in the external realm, why do so in the internal realm?

Well not entirely. I'm also discussing traits as well. Kind of looking at MBTI through multiple lenses. Jungian functions, the four letter dichotomies, traits of all the types, etc trying to find some sort of collective answer. I know that they won't perfectly align with each other but I'd like for my MBTI typing to make sense with all of these ways of trying to figure out your type.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aw, thanks Chan. Missed your positive and lively vibrations too :hug: Hope your escapades were outta sight :D

Another thing that came to mind about the music thing. Instinctual variant. Not sure what your ENFJ friend is, but if she's sx, she might want to "go deeper" into the music she listens to than you do. That's my experience, at least. Just a thought!

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're very scattered, and not as concrete. There's also the part where your energy is also very mental because our conversations can be boiled down to "this could be me" or "this person is my spirit animal because <insert non-physical characteristic>"

Ne > Se imo

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Oooh I see. Anything specific post that lead you to that conclusion? Thanks!!

On a humorous note, I've never heard an ESFP talking about auras or astrology in a serious way, both of which you've done in this thread alone. I have an ESFP guy friend, and when I bring up psychoanalysis or interpersonal dynamics (even if it's related to our mutual friends and it's as simple as "why do you think he acts like that?" or "what would she do if she were in that situation?"), he gets annoyed. Not every male ESFP is going to be the same, but you are definitely more N than him. More seriously, your post history gives me no reason to doubt your NFness. :heart:

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Also, I get a heavier vibe from ESFPs. The ones I know are very...self-focused...and much more unaware of interpersonal dynamics than ENFPs. Interacting with ENFPs, I feel like they dispense energy toward you (understanding your world, observing you, etc). On the other hand, when I interact with ESFPs, I feel like they suck energy out of me. Like I have to translate my world into something that fits into theirs. There's no reciprocal nature to the relationship because they don't have it in them to contemplate other people's reality in an abstract way. You know? I don't feel that way in talking with you.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aw, thanks Chan. Missed your positive and lively vibrations too :hug: Hope your escapades were outta sight :D

Another thing that came to mind about the music thing. Instinctual variant. Not sure what your ENFJ friend is, but if she's sx, she might want to "go deeper" into the music she listens to than you do. That's my experience, at least. Just a thought!

Hmm, she's probably so/sx like I am. :thinking: Although she seems to have a lot more sp than I do, it makes me think she could be so/sp which would make sense because my music sounds generally a lot more intense than hers, even if her lyrics are generally more meaningful and more intense. Her music sounds more sx-last, lacking in intensity or passion. It's more smooth, concise, well-executed. Her e-gram is 9w8. That could also be why she seems so so/sx but with more sp, her 8 wing.

You're very scattered, and not as concrete. There's also the part where your energy is also very mental because our conversations can be boiled down to "this could be me" or "this person is my spirit animal because <insert non-physical characteristic>"

Ne > Se imo

I miss our conversations. :(

On a humorous note, I've never heard an ESFP talking about auras or astrology in a serious way, both of which you've done in this thread alone. I have an ESFP guy friend, and when I bring up psychoanalysis or interpersonal dynamics (even if it's related to our mutual friends and it's as simple as "why do you think he acts like that?" or "what would she do if she were in that situation?"), he gets annoyed. Not every male ESFP is going to be the same, but you are definitely more N than him. More seriously, your post history gives me no reason to doubt your NFness. :heart:

It's funny you should say that, because my ESTP bestie acts exactly the same way. Getting annoyed with questions she deems pointless and all. I had her take a test one time and she was very disinterested in it. I think ST types in general are most interested in the practicality of theories like these rather than just pure discussion since both letters are known for being more practical than the other side of their coin. I'm sure a lot of SFs could mistype as NFs because F is usually not as practical when making decisions as T, so I thought maybe this could be my case.

Also, I get a heavier vibe from ESFPs. The ones I know are very...self-focused...and much more unaware of interpersonal dynamics than ENFPs. Interacting with ENFPs, I feel like they dispense energy toward you (understanding your world, observing you, etc). On the other hand, when I interact with ESFPs, I feel like they suck energy out of me. Like I have to translate my world into something that fits into theirs. There's no reciprocal nature to the relationship because they don't have it in them to contemplate other people's reality in an abstract way. You know? I don't feel that way in talking with you.

I find it interesting that a lot of people say things like SPs/NJs have more of an "edge" to them. I totally see what they mean, and it's even more amplified in Socionics where Se is more power-oriented. But I wonder how in MBTI Ni/Se adds more of an edge to someone's character. I get what you mean, though. Although I'm sure there are a lot of ESFPs out there that are more sensitive to other perspectives, probably healthier ones (and probably 7w6s over 7w8s).

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ne is a different energy, it spirals out opening to the night sky in dancing rhythms, circling and recircling as it loops. To me you seem more like that.

I've been thinking about this, trying to find something that encompasses it. Do you mean an energy kind of like this?

Because that's totally me!

Se has this feeling like the wind, potential energy, something just on the edge to tilt, the exhilaration of the crest of the wave-surge at the apex moment right before it crashes in, leaping wavecrest to wavecrest without missing a beat.

Hmm, I don't relate to this as much but I'm still trying to think of a way to sum up this kind of energy. Maybe this?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Hmm, she's probably so/sx like I am. :thinking: Although she seems to have a lot more sp than I do, it makes me think she could be so/sp which would make sense because my music sounds generally a lot more intense than hers, even if her lyrics are generally more meaningful and more intense. Her music sounds more sx-last, lacking in intensity or passion. It's more smooth, concise, well-executed. Her e-gram is 9w8. That could also be why she seems so so/sx but with more sp, her 8 wing.

I miss our conversations. :(

It's funny you should say that, because my ESTP bestie acts exactly the same way. Getting annoyed with questions she deems pointless and all. I had her take a test one time and she was very disinterested in it. I think ST types in general are most interested in the practicality of theories like these rather than just pure discussion since both letters are known for being more practical than the other side of their coin. I'm sure a lot of SFs could mistype as NFs because F is usually not as practical when making decisions as T, so I thought maybe this could be my case.

I find it interesting that a lot of people say things like SPs/NJs have more of an "edge" to them. I totally see what they mean, and it's even more amplified in Socionics where Se is more power-oriented. But I wonder how in MBTI Ni/Se adds more of an edge to someone's character. I get what you mean, though. Although I'm sure there are a lot of ESFPs out there that are more sensitive to other perspectives, probably healthier ones (and probably 7w6s over 7w8s).
Well, I wasn't saying that they can't see alternative perspectives or be sensitive to others. It's more just that they don't tend to go deep in understanding why people are the way they are. Or care about such things.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

The fact that you can continue to talk about typology for hours on end in our conversations leads me to believe you to be an ENFP. Some ESFP's might be interested in typology for a while, but they quickly lose interest I have found. Also, some of them might even have long term interest in typology as well. However, again, they won't talk about it for hours on end like an ENFP would. They will usually just talk about it for a bit, then change the subject. You are ENFP Chanaynay.

S

Stansmith

Just as an added note, I feel like Sx/Sp NP's can often match that aura of 'intensity' that you mentioned. An INFP Sx/Sp wrote this song for example:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

The fact that you can continue to talk about typology for hours on end in our conversations leads me to believe you to be an ENFP. Some ESFP's might be interested in typology for a while, but they quickly lose interest I have found. Also, some of them might even have long term interest in typology as well. However, again, they won't talk about it for hours on end like an ENFP would. They will usually just talk about it for a bit, then change the subject. You are ENFP Chanaynay.

I typically don't like to restrict certain areas of interest to certain types but it's true that my interests and how I pursue them probably make ENFP more likely. :yes:

Just as an added note, I feel like Sx/Sp NP's can often match that aura of 'intensity' that you mentioned. An INFP Sx/Sp wrote this s
ong for example:

Teehee [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

Oooh I forgot about NMH. I haven't heard this one but I like it. :happy2: His voice has a certain roughness that adds intensity to it which I enjoy. I usually prefer more intense and lively instrumentals but I can get into this.

Although I wouldn't describe it as "intensity." It's like some sort of energy you get from them. I don't know how to describe it, but it's more defined and edgy instead of mellow and approachable. Hmm, that's not exactly it. I think you get what I'm talking about though.

S

Stansmith

NPs and SJs seem to have more 'quirk' to them if there were any way to describe it. I think of shows like Parks and Recreation for whatever reason.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think you're the enfp kind of enfp

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think you're the enfp kind of enfp

icon_local_aimkissyface.gif

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I too think N, just because as [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] so beautifully said, the vibe fits.